The bad AND good of the new skin update

Users who are viewing this thread

This new update is wonderful in the sense that now we can customize our own loadouts and be different from one another.

The Bad Things: But I feel like it could've used more work because the sigils for example dont work. At least not the free ones... I cant switch to any of the free ones and I can only keep the fish one unless I bought another sigil that does not even work. For example I know people who bought a sigil and they did not even get the sigil THEY bought, instead they got one 3 paces to the left. If this was tested before being public this would not be a problem. Another big problem is the fact that players who have over 1 thousand hours like myself and many others have not been compensated for continuing playing the game and keeping the already dead community from going extinct. I feel like there should be a level cap to AT LEAST level 100 where every level during and after level 100 should be compensated for its gold. Its hard to rank up after you reach the 100's so its only fair that the dedicated players should receive gold. Last bad thing is the fact that you cannot receive any gold through custom servers aka duels or sieges which to me is pretty dumb since especially when the game comes out custom servers will be the rage so I hope a way to mediate that will come.

The Good things: It gives us the options to be different, more unique, and a new style you can choose if you grind. Gives a reason to continue playing the game as especially when you grind to the skins you really want you will feel very satisfied knowing that you got what you wanted through your own hard work. Look at other highly popular games, they all have skins and cosmetics. CSGO and others that I don't need to name.

Conclusion: Give level 100 and above compensation for their dedication, fix the sigils as they don't work as intended, and also good work. These patches although might not seem like a big deal are nice because it shows that you are trying to help fix the game so thank you to the devs for continuing to push even though you receive a lot of hate. We still got a lot more work so its nice to know you are getting closer to the end goal even if its just slightly.

Last edited:
TL;DR - Taleworlds are skin bandits

pGIVQ0J.jpg

This new update is wonderful in the sense that now we can customize our own loadouts and be different from one another.

The Bad Things: But I feel like it could've used more work because the sigils for example dont work. At least not the free ones... I cant switch to any of the free ones and I can only keep the fish one unless I bought another sigil that does not even work. For example I know people who bought a sigil and they did not even get the sigil THEY bought, instead they got one 3 paces to the left. If this was tested before being public this would not be a problem. Another big problem is the fact that players who have over 1 thousand hours like myself and many others have not been compensated for continuing playing the game and keeping the already dead community from going extinct. I feel like there should be a level cap to AT LEAST level 100 where every level during and after level 100 should be compensated for its gold. Its hard to rank up after you reach the 100's so its only fair that the dedicated players should receive gold. Last bad thing is the fact that you cannot receive any gold through custom servers aka duels or sieges which to me is pretty dumb since especially when the game comes out custom servers will be the rage so I hope a way to mediate that will come.

The Good things: It gives us the options to be different, more unique, and a new style you can choose if you grind. Gives a reason to continue playing the game as especially when you grind to the skins you really want you will feel very satisfied knowing that you got what you wanted through your own hard work. Look at other highly popular games, they all have skins and cosmetics. CSGO and others that I don't need to name.

Conclusion: Give level 100 and above compensation for their dedication, fix the sigils as they don't work as intended, and also good work. These patches although might not seem like a big deal are nice because it shows that you are trying to help fix the game so thank you to the devs for continuing to push even though you receive a lot of hate. We still got a lot more work so its nice to know you are getting closer to the end goal even if its just slightly.
The issues with sigils and some cosmetic items are getting worked out.
Custom servers will be awarding Loot, it is being adjusted.
In a future update, hitting milestones on your Badges will also award Loot.
You are compensated for your previous levels, you will get the cumulative reward when you level up for the first time after the update as 10 Loot per level gained.

In the bad, I would add that for now there are not enough assets for the customisation of every specific unit.

For example the legionaries have only 2 body armor that matches the imperial style. (The "legionary mail" and the "luxury lamellar vest over leather")
The others body armors are one Khuzait "heavy bronze lamellar over mail", one Vlandian "mail shirt" and one Imperial Cataphract armor, the "lamellar with scale skirt". The first two just don't match an Imperial style as these come from other factions. The last one is not a Legionary style armor, it's a cataphract armor.

I feel like the most expensive legionary armors should have more decorations and shouldn't just look like they have a more "tanky" armor as the armor value stays the same.

At the opposite, the varyags have many sturgians armors that don't feel like there's an upgrade in the armor value, but it's just an upgrade of style which is nice ?

In the end, the customization system is cool but needs more assets for each units of each factions. An asset shouldn't be sheared in all factions or the sheared item should be inspired by a mix between factions styles. A Khuzait armor style do not have it's place in a imperial army.

Last edited:
No! Learn your lesson with Bannerlord my friend and wait it out! lol

The writing was on the wall with bannerlord from about 2017 onwards, but the lead Kenshi developer is openly insane. This is a good thing. All my favorite developers who have never let me down, like MDickie and ZUN, are lunatics who are bad at PR and treat game development like a religious ritual. These are the only people I trust to make good video games.

The issues with sigils and some cosmetic items are getting worked out.
Custom servers will be awarding Loot, it is being adjusted.
In a future update, hitting milestones on your Badges will also award Loot.
You are compensated for your previous levels, you will get the cumulative reward when you level up for the first time after the update as 10 Loot per level gained.
Thank you a lot for this post AVRC I respect the work yall are putting in and the fact you are willing to respond to me. Godspeed

Back
Top Bottom