Need More Info The background becomes glitchy on encounters on the world map. (1.5.6 and e1.5.7)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
When talking to people on the world map, the background appears glitchy with a black mist behind and the portraits and conversations overlaps other menus.
Spec:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
16,0 GB
NVidia GeForce RTX 1660.
Hardrive 2TB.

Ok.png

I did both. I installed the last driver yesterday and the first time i verified the files was on the e.1.5.7 nothing changed and swiched to 1.5.6 to verified the files one last time with the same result. I will try with a fresh installation.

557bbd3b7fcfec30c670a2e5f736be32.png
Nothing changed, reinstalled the game two times with the same result.

Edit: I checked the logs of the game and it seems i had corrupt shaders or something, deteled the entire carpet on programdata/Bannerlord and it seems to be solved.

Last edited:
Nothing changed, reinstalled the game two times with the same result.

Edit: I checked the logs of the game and it seems i had corrupt shaders or something, deteled the entire carpet on programdata/Bannerlord and it seems to be solved.
Hi there - I made an account just to say that I've been searching for a fix for this for a while, and I've done the same steps trying to delete the Shaders folder in Bannerlord (which didn't help), verifying game files, and reinstalling... but this did it.

Just to make it more clear since this was slightly vague, you need to delete the Shaders folder located in "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" - I did that and then launched the game, and no more weird black fog when interacting with other parties on the map! Seems like these shaders didn't update overtime. Not sure if it makes sense, but I also keep my Bannerlord game folder on a different SSD, and not the same one as where I had to delete these folders from - not sure if that somehow is a culprit.

Hope this helps other people. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom