The B.L.ackpill Solution

What can be done to fix Bannerlord?

• Stay the course. Continue Posting B.L.ackpill threads.

• Wait and hope our efforts have been sufficient.

• Another crowdsourced open letter.

• TW/BL has lost our confidence. Gather discontented modders to create an indie game.

• Review bomb the game.

• Nothing. I gave up long ago.

• Other (post below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So aside from a few trolls and bots I think the community has come to the logical conclusion that the game sucks on ice. After 8-12 years of development, a year of early access with no end in sight, dev blogs about scabbards and updates with handfuls of lines of codes as “major updates”, I have come to the conclusion that Bannerlord is in a similar situation to the Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1916. Infrastructure is in disrepair, the conflict is seemingly endless, nothing is going right and the figurehead Franz Joseph (Mexxico) is gone. Or you can put in your own historical analogy of a country near collapse, it’s up to you. It is clear that whats happening now is not working and things need to change. But Taleworlds will not, despite loud and shouty outcries by the fan base.

I’ve been disaffected with Taleworlds chicanery since roughly 2018 — before I was awash with hope. I had only just started playing Warband when bannerlord was announced. Tbh at the time I didn’t care, I was having enough fun in my regiment on nw and my outlaw band on persistent frontier. However as the years went on I became more interested in bannerlord, getting involved in that fan steam group of thousands of members, and was so excited for New Year’s Day 2016. At least we could say bannerlords coming out this year. Oh, how clueless I was. How we all were.

At this point taking Taleworlds at its word has become problematic to say the least. They have failed time and time again, both on release dates and features. Their words at this point seem hollow. Fast forward to today and many in the community have come to realize that, and complain on the forum. What few voices who claim to be “of reason” are drowned out by the real fans complaining. We have made thread after thread in vain. This post is a prequel of sorts to a project of bonerstorm’s ive been helping out with — the B.Lackpill (blackpill for BannerLord, get it?) wherein he is compiling a list of threads of the complaints about bannerlord. My question here is simple: what do we do now? The acts of the past year have fallen seemingly on deaf ears and it clearly hasn’t swung the devs. So, I have a few options of what we can do, comment and vote on which you think are the best and would help push taleworlds to fixing things — and which you think would do the opposite.

1. Continue posting discontented threads. If we continue what we’re doing, eventually it will work.
2. Just trust the devs care and are led properly and the game will succeed without any intervention from us.
3. Another crowdsourced open letter from devs and important community figures similar to the Kingdoms of Arda team’s.
4. Make our own game. Gather up modders who have given up and create our own medieval RPG. (I would warn this is an extreme idea I don’t even support; should only be used in the most extreme circumstances)
5. Review bomb the game to get the developers attention.
6. Bannerlord is Screwed and there’s nothing we can do.

Of course feel free to post your own solution of what you think may steer them on the proper course.

I suggest a warm cup of chamomile and maybe some time away from the forum. It's a big world out there.

However if all this enthusiasm leads y'all to develop your own medieval game, by all means, do it! You never know what could come out of it and TW sure can use the competition.

Also, I am pretty sure that suggesting review bombing will get you in trouble with the mods, but who am I to judge.

1. Continue posting discontented threads. If we continue what we’re doing, eventually it will work.
2. Just trust the devs care and are led properly and the game will succeed without any intervention from us.
3. Another crowdsourced open letter from devs and important community figures similar to the Kingdoms of Arda team’s.
4. Make our own game. Gather up modders who have given up and create our own medieval RPG. (I would warn this is an extreme idea I don’t even support; should only be used in the most extreme circumstances)
5. Review bomb the game to get the developers attention.
6. Bannerlord is Screwed and there’s nothing we can do.

Of course feel free to post your own solution of what you think may steer them on the proper course.
I don't want to be entirely blackpilled (still mostly redpilled... I guess?) Still, I can't really deny I have little hope left for Bannerlord at the moment. Taleworlds could *still* pull a rabbit out of their hat and it probably wouldn't be enough to make it decent before release. And I'm not a particularly hostile person (alright, sometimes...) so I would go with *3* or *4.*
That said, I will not. I'm going with *5* because being hit in the wallet is what companies care about nowadays. Let them have mostly negative and they'll be like: "Hell, we're not going to sell anything at this rate when we go 1.0 and nobody new buys the game. Maybe we should focus on working a little bit harder and a little bit smarter."
Hello Games woke the **** up because people called them out. And on Steam Bannerlord is still at a ludicrous 81%. Bring that down to 61, and we might even get a little more communications from the devs. Again, I'm not suggesting you do the same - but I'm surely doing it, even if I wouldn't consider it review bombing: that is mostly about punishing companies for things that have nothing to do with the game itself. Mostly. In this case, I really wouldn't recommend the game because it's simply not a good product and I wouldn't want others to find out the hard way.

So aside from a few trolls and bots I think the community has come to the logical conclusion that the game sucks on ice. After 8-12 years of development, a year of early access with no end in sight, dev blogs about scabbards and updates with handfuls of lines of codes as “major updates”, I have come to the conclusion that Bannerlord is in a similar situation to the Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1916. Infrastructure is in disrepair, the conflict is seemingly endless, nothing is going right and the figurehead Franz Joseph (Mexxico) is gone. Or you can put in your own historical analogy of a country near collapse, it’s up to you. It is clear that whats happening now is not working and things need to change. But Taleworlds will not, despite loud and shouty outcries by the fan base.
The situation here is nowhere near as negative as you make it out to be. Nobody should ever say that there are no issues with the game, but comparing the game to the downfall of the Austro-Hungarian empire during WW1 just isn't truthful whatsoever. Also, as I will elaborate on further, the last sentence, that TW will just not, even with loud outcries, is false.
At this point taking Taleworlds at its word has become problematic to say the least. They have failed time and time again, both on release dates and features. Their words at this point seem hollow. Fast forward to today and many in the community have come to realize that, and complain on the forum. What few voices who claim to be “of reason” are drowned out by the real fans complaining. We have made thread after thread in vain. This post is a prequel of sorts to a project of bonerstorm’s ive been helping out with — the B.Lackpill (blackpill for BannerLord, get it?) wherein he is compiling a list of threads of the complaints about bannerlord. My question here is simple: what do we do now? The acts of the past year have fallen seemingly on deaf ears and it clearly hasn’t swung the devs. So, I have a few options of what we can do, comment and vote on which you think are the best and would help push taleworlds to fixing things — and which you think would do the opposite.
I don't quite get this attitude at this point. BL has had a troubled developmental period, that part cannot be discussed further, but I don't get the idea that nothing will get done. The 1.6.0 patch literally disproves this notion, as when you look at it, BL listened to what the community said and took action. It didn't fix every problem, and expecting a patch to do so is delusional, I think we can all agree on that, however progress was made and from one dev who I asked, the changes were actually positive and not just something to bolster their own PR. Thread after thread have been made, but this thread shows that when the community comes together and hashes out an issue progress is made, however small. And even look at the past month, the devs and CMs have been much more active on the forums as before, with Mexxico even elaborating on the state of TW over the past few years.

Also calling yourselves the "real fans" is a real great look. The other simpletons, who clearly don't love the game, simply want it to be left in this mediocre state and nothing whatsoever. We of the forums, the holy crusaders of Warband, know what is best for the game and no one else has any voice of matter on the subject.
The best way to "steer" TW is to not make threads like this. All this will do is rile up people into taking a "blackpill" that just simply shouldn't exist. Even suggesting ideas such as review bombing won't get anything done, that will only cause people on both sides to get more worked up. "Blackpill" threads, such as this, will get nothing done.

To be clear I’m not suggesting anything, simply putting options of what people have suggested ont eh table and seeing what they think. Will respond more in depth later.

Constructive topics about problems in the game and solutions. This gets results. Even if some fixes take a looooooooooooong time (still wait'n on that pre-battle deployment stuff) they convey to the devs what the problem is and how prolific it is when many people chime in with thier experiences and opinions.

I understand the need to vent and too, but that's a little different. I make some threads like that too where I'm just really annoyed with the game and I wan to say so. That's okay too, but a topic illustrating a problem or set of problems and opinions on how it could be fixed is more productive.

I do think it's important to be expressive and honest too. The Squeaky wheel gets the grease and although I don't want to hurt someone's feelings or insult them, I often have very harsh feelings about problems in the game and I think it's okay to express it.

We've had a lot of good topics like this about problems and we've got some results. We need to keep at it and not lose sight of where the best improvements can be made.

It's temping to just rage and go "there's no content" "there's no balance" "warband did it better" But what is it? What is the biggest problem in that category and what should fix it? Yes we've made lots of suggestion and said it all before, well I'm going to keep saying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom