The Awoken Immortals

Users who are viewing this thread

woah, I haven't even encountered these guys
someone earlier said there's a prereq for them spawning, can someone spoiler me what that is so I can check these guys out?

Here is how I beat and captured all of them to use in my army.

Got 100 zombies (any fodder will do) as well as my companions, though the companions were fairly useless.

Sent the zombies in.

When they were swarmed, I charmed the pounder immortal. While the zombies were being killed 1 at a time, the pounder knocked out his friends easily as they have decent reach.

Then facing the pounder in the second battle I sent everyone in, they all failed miserably except I had some cavalry spare, THANKFULLY I had artimenner with a balanced jousting lance. I had kept my cav back just in case. All my companions were going down, only a few had blunt weapons worth much anyway, the cav all did have a spare blunt weapon though as I use them to capture fleeing enemies sometimes.

I started retreating everyone but the cav back, while they went in and charged down a hill from behind, artimenner nailed it in one hit with the balance jousting lance :smile:. I did a bit of fire damage to it before hand, maybe 70 pts worth and had people shooting at it for a short while with the dwarven rifles. I don't think they have loads of health, just decent armor, so don't overdo it.

I love these kinds of advanced challenges, and I don't mind in this case that it makes me overpowered, as they are very late game things to do, I hope to see more of them! What comes AFTER the immortals :grin:, something with AoE damage perhaps so I can't bum rush it with zombies, that'd be a nice challenge.

-edit

therex55213 I don't know the conditions under which they spawn as they just did while i was playing, but if you want to be spoiled as to what the troop looks like as well I can do that, click for full sized version.

Like the balrog, if you get this troop is should cost you at least 1k to keep, maybe even 2k for these guys but that might be overkill I suppose :smile: but darn he seems to be 'good' for the purposes of demons/undead doh!

Is it possible for these things to spawn more than once, or is it a one-time deal, take it or leave it?
Looking at their stats they seem like something my personal team could manage, as I make sure to invest early and go straight for healing rings and titan mauls for my companions, do they have any abnormal qualities about them that aren't obvious from their stats? And, most importantly, are they aligned like demons? I probably won't go after them if they cause moral troubles in my army.

therex55213 said:
Is it possible for these things to spawn more than once, or is it a one-time deal, take it or leave it?
Looking at their stats they seem like something my personal team could manage, as I make sure to invest early and go straight for healing rings and titan mauls for my companions, do they have any abnormal qualities about them that aren't obvious from their stats? And, most importantly, are they aligned like demons? I probably won't go after them if they cause moral troubles in my army.

Their armour is around 200 armour points instead of the normal plate 56/60. And they have twohanded weapons that are as fast as daggers.

therex55213 said:

They are neutral to all (I think, i've never seen them fight anyone) so even if they only spawn once, you won't need to fight it till you randomly come across the group eventually.

As someone posted, they have a lot of armor, so couching damage boosts and magic are the ways I brought them down, I am not sure if any bow would pierce it for example, whats the max you can get 120 with the multi pulley bow + 10 power draw + the best arrows? Or does that work out at 110, I am not sure if the arrows double up with the power draw bonus.

The titan maul would probably knock them out, as that's 80 damage, up to maxed to 160 with power strike with the speed of your horse or a hasted foot charge (which i've not tried with two handers, might be funny) . Might be enough to breach 200 armor? I don't know the math of the game that well so I am probably making it too simple.

Don't forget that armour combines together, so legs are protected by the torso and leg armour, the torso is protected by both arm and torso armour, etc.

Torrential said:
The titan maul would probably knock them out, as that's 80 damage, up to maxed to 160 with power strike with the speed of your horse

No, you did it perfectly. The maul won't help much since they shrug off the blows and then counter. Eventually you'll slip up blocking them and go down.

In the next version, charm is apparently going to last only 30 seconds so you'll have to be quicker, but it should still be enough time.

I'm very proud of you for beating them.

Morrowind Mod Man said:
Torrential said:
The titan maul would probably knock them out, as that's 80 damage, up to maxed to 160 with power strike with the speed of your horse

No, you did it perfectly. The maul won't help much since they shrug off the blows and then counter. Eventually you'll slip up blocking them and go down.

In the next version, charm is apparently going to last only 30 seconds so you'll have to be quicker, but it should still be enough time.

I'm very proud of you for beating them.

Thanks :smile:, loved the fact this challenge was available at the end game, like a late game boss, I do think any mod would benefit from having that as like a last goodbye to the character. That's why I hope they introduce another couple of bosses, slowly increasing in challenge.

Regarding them hitting me, haste should still be able to get me past their swings even if I miss, unless they hit my horse of course. Next time I'll try the old fashioned lance way and try to lance all three (after softening them up with spells of course).

For my next playthrough I am doing a solo build, to see if I can pull it off. Not fighting the enemy lords in the field, just everything else, and maybe doing a siege or two to level up. Solo until I get these 4 then we shall be the 4 immortals :smile:, i'll be the healer.

Demons will probably still be able to kill them, and high level mages, other than that, should be fun! I haven't yet decided if golems will be allowed to apply to serve as our fodder, we will be conducting interviews presently. (That's a thought will golem blunt swings knock them out?)

If you want easy early game EXP and loot, then after you get The Leech, go try to force villages to give you supplies. They'll always attack if you have less than 8 or 9 people, I forget which. No need for sieges then.

You kill them super easy and loot the place, sell it all and go on to the next. You're not going to recruit any peasants so you don't care about relations, and as a bonus, this doesn't give you any negative relations with factions. The lords will never attack you. This should get you the mage gear and it's less monotonous than tournaments.

I've had the immortals spawn at day 2, or at least really early by starting as an Orc barbarian and pumping my strength up really high. There might be some kind of stat/attribute check that controls when they spawn.

So you might bump into them really quick if you level fast.

therex55213 said:
They can spawn multiple times i think, a least when i defeated 3 of them but captured only 2, after i think 10 days there was a message that 3 immortals awoken once again, but i don't met them yet. However next time i'll fight them i hope i can take 3 of them prisoners with some tournament lance or something. They do only have 85 health or so and only can be taken out by magic, especially by demons which uses a lot of fireball spells.

they are particularly vulnerable even with 215 in each defense to acid arrow, I find, 3-4 do the job, similarly, fire arrows are very powerful while other spells like missile storm or fireball do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom