The Awoken Immortals

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok so I just met this awesomely cool party with 3 immortals (no spoilers) their name probably wasn't a joke as they slaughtered my party of 90 holy warriors without breaking a sweat, all in a day's work in their realm I suppose.

But I just wanted to give a heads up that when I rebooted my game and did autocalc on these fierce warrior immortals I won with ease, and could even take them as prisoners if I wanted. Maybe its suppose to be like that? I can only imagine if I had a point into prisoner management I could have recruited them and wreck havoc on Calradia.

For you who haven't seen them yet.. Beware  :grin:

Crille said:
Ok so I just met this awesomely cool party with 3 immortals (no spoilers) their name probably wasn't a joke as they slaughtered my party of 90 holy warriors without breaking a sweat, all in a day's work in their realm I suppose.

But I just wanted to give a heads up that when I rebooted my game and did autocalc on these fierce warrior immortals I won with ease, and could even take them as prisoners if I wanted. Maybe its suppose to be like that? I can only imagine if I had a point into prisoner management I could have recruited them and wreck havoc on Calradia.

For you who haven't seen them yet.. Beware  :grin:

Hmm... That's odd, what did you have in your party? When I tried auto-calcing my results were significantly worse than fighting (even fighting them caused major problems).

So basically all clerics? I normally run something close to that. 85% of my party is melee, a mix of reg inf (they don't cost as much) and clerics, with a couple mages/archers to help thin stuff out.

For the moment I only recruit dwarves and blazing melee troops for that insane turn undead thing which devastate delthersam empire both in sieges and field battles, love it. Might mix it up sooner or later for more diversity.

My party is an almost split between dwarf/nord units (these 2 are almost equally split), some blazing hand (20-25, mainly joined for story purposes in the screenshots section :razz:), and then like a miscellanous setup of ranged units from dwarf/nord trees with some mages. When I get some more time I'm considering adding some Swadians to the mix.

It's kinda odd though. I was able to take Rivacheg basically free of charge because the blazing hand had some border incidents really early in my game with Vaegirs. The Vaegirs were getting taken on by Nords and Blazing Hand; I used the time to head into Rivacheg and take it with little resistance. The Vaegirs even offered me peace soon afterwards, and now I'm working to get my diplomatic stuff going (RtR and ETC) before being noticed by other factions. It's even crazier because I need to find a way to fit that into the story I have going. :S

So what's the prereqs for the immortals coming anyway? I've seen them in one or two of my saves, but never really noticed them until wandering across them. Am I simply missing a red text line?

Yeah I think you're missing the red text I was like wow what is that and tried to find them and eventually did close to icewilde, they were relatively close the area they spawned.

They will have a preq to spawn (won't spoil it for ya) but I am now close to finishing my finals which will finally give me enough time to finish everything I had planned to do for the previous patch (yeah I know i'm late..)

Crille said:

I tried to recruit them after taking those three guys prisoners.

It worked. I think I immediately won the campaign. :mrgreen:

English_Knight said:
...so they must be defeatable, right?

I've noticed it's easier to auto-calc win against them than it is to actually fight them. That being said, the hardest thing is you need to find a way to block their attacks for a consistent period of time (1v1 specifically)

yea, I also did the auto calc thingy, but then I re-loaded, as it felt kind of cheating... I guess you gotta restrain yourself from exploiting that  :mrgreen:
on a side note, do they drop any special l00t?

Duck Hunter said:
yea, I also did the auto calc thingy, but then I re-loaded, as it felt kind of cheating... I guess you gotta restrain yourself from exploiting that  :mrgreen:
on a side note, do they drop any special l00t?
You don't need auto calc to beat them.  All you need is a bunch of top tier archers and a distraction  :razz:
I doubt you would get loot from them because your loot is inversely proportional to your army size and I highly doubt you will want to take them on by yourself :smile:

You can beat them solo if you cast charm person on Immortal Pounder.  :shock:

If you figure out a way to knock him out too, you'll be able to recruit all 3 immortals, and loot them! Gonna have to see if they actually drop those overpowered weapons though. Boy would that be something.

What kind of attack do they have?

Ranged? Melee? Magic?

Can I whittle them down with a bow or magic and then hit them with Jousting Lance?  Or are they ranged and will one shot my mage?

The immortals are three uber powerful soldiers, all with special weapons and armor. Basically super golems.

If you want to capture and use these guys in your army, you can cast a charm spell on Immortal Pounder to make him knock out his buddies. He uses a blunt hammer so they won't die. The other guys use sharp weapons and will make Pounder and your troops very much dead, so help him drop them quickly.

The charm runs out after the battle and you'll have to fight Pounder next. Take him out with a jousting lance.

Back
Top Bottom