The Athenaeum

Users who are viewing this thread

Very good job, what a nostalgia. But totally ignoring the Nations Cup which was probably the biggest tourney back then is kind of weird, i hope that there is a plan for making it into another thread.

RN_Pendragon said:
Very good job, what a nostalgia. But totally ignoring the Nations Cup which was probably the biggest tourney back then is kind of weird, i hope that there is a plan for making it into another thread.
I hope I'll find the time to cover the Nations Cup in another thread at some point.

Done!

Man been reading through it, quite emotional - almost like a warband leaving post, Native is on its last legs and this almost is a goodbye before bannerlord. Doubt I'll play anymore tournaments after the 6v6 (maybe a WNL?), the same as many other people, teams are disbanding quickly, 2019 does seem to be the death of Warband - or atleast the EU scene. So yeah, quite the emotional read, almost like a wrap up of competitive as a whole.

Fietta said:
Man been reading through it, quite emotional - almost like a warband leaving post, Native is on its last legs and this almost is a goodbye before bannerlord. Doubt I'll play anymore tournaments after the 6v6 (maybe a WNL?), the same as many other people, teams are disbanding quickly, 2019 does seem to be the death of Warband - or atleast the EU scene. So yeah, quite the emotional read, almost like a wrap up of competitive as a whole.

I bet you wont stop tormenting us with post like these on the forums though.

Fietta said:

Warband's had way worse times where there was no matchmaking and IG was empty 24/7, no tournament for months etc. The 'core' or best players are inactive due summer or taking a break as they did other times too. If any big tournament comes a normal major will happen once again with activeness and increased competitiveness, and really doubt anything will change scenewise until the official release of bannerlord, this 'dying' cycle has been there for a few years now. However hope you keep your word, and flee after the 6v6, it's about time :fruity:

Noone denied the declive, just stated that its one that since then turned into a cycle that will not stop until the release of bannerlord or a massive drop(way higher than the current one) of activity tournamentwise.

I felt very emotional reading this and I am just a NA player who has tried to keep up with the EU scene. There is obviously a great level of passion and effort that went into this and I am sure everyone that still browses these forums is thankful!

Viktor said:
? Rey said:
Gibby Jr said:
clicking on this thread is like

p3hy47cf7w87v5kxmxvs.gif

Exactly my face
Awesome work! Thank you guys for lots of memories and see you in Bannerlord

So because I am not currently in a Warband team or a Nations cup team i found myself with some spare time on my hand and thought it would be fun/interesting to take the Arhenaeum stats and turn them into a Warband league style table (I was wrong.. it wasn't fun..)

It did yield some interesting stats though :grin:
Table is currently saved into points first system as if it was an actual league

I am sure some of you can find some sexier graphics or stats but not me ^^

A few things i found interesting:

255 Teams have competed in a warband tournament since the ENPL! many of these teams have only played a handful of games or are just the same group of players changing team names around but it is a fair old number  :shock:

Only 9 of these teams have played 50 or more matches

So far 28 different teams have taken home a medal in a tournament.

AE has won a staggering 79.33% of all rounds they have ever played

FT has won 5 medals after playing 33 games, that is a medal every 6.6 games showing they are both alright as a team and shows the switch in formats in competitive Warband towards quicker tournaments with less games.

Some winrates so you can carry on your best team arguments (listed by most games to least played)

AE: 86.96% 
Kurwa: 72.22%
FT:  93.94%
Freelancers: 78.95%

Table1.jpg

*House Tully merged with AE because AE are listed as the winning team on the front page.
*Some of the round counts may be off due to some tournaments not using a Round Won/Round Lost system and i had to get results from streams etc.
*Default wins were given as 12:0 or 9:0 depending on tournament scoring rules at the time.

I used the stats from Scar and Deacons work, I'm assuming they don't count BoB as a major because it didn't allow most of the players to enter and was a 5v5 format

Back
Top Bottom