The army menu needs to be slightly improved

Users who are viewing this thread

iRkshz

Regular
When you go to the army menu, you see a complete list of all the armies in the kingdom. And you will be automatically focused on the first army on the list.
But if you created the army last, you will be at the end of the list (bottom).
When you have created an army (especially a large, 2k-3k), you will very often go to the army menu to increase the cohesion , add or remove nobles. And I noticed that sometimes I accidentally reflexively click on the management button, but if my army is not the first on the list, then I can disband another army. In a common case, you need to make unnecessary movements with the mouse.

I think that making a small improvement will not be a problem - just make it so that the player's army is always the first in the list (top) and when the player enters the army menu, the focus was on his army.

How about a replenish cohesion at 10% auto option too? If you really have tunz of influence or it's clan only party and you want to set it to auto and not bother with it, why not?
this post is not about that - this post is about convenience and usability
but your idea is good

When you go to the army menu, you see a complete list of all the armies in the kingdom. And you will be automatically focused on the first army on the list.
But if you created the army last, you will be at the end of the list (bottom).
When you have created an army (especially a large, 2k-3k), you will very often go to the army menu to increase the cohesion , add or remove nobles. And I noticed that sometimes I accidentally reflexively click on the management button, but if my army is not the first on the list, then I can disband another army. In a common case, you need to make unnecessary movements with the mouse.

I think that making a small improvement will not be a problem - just make it so that the player's army is always the first in the list (top) and when the player enters the army menu, the focus was on his army.

No.

You can manage your army without going into that menu @iRkshz . There is a flag button on the right bottom side when you're in the campaign map, which pops up an army management menu for your own army.

You can manage your army without going into that menu @iRkshz . There is a flag button on the right bottom side when you're in the campaign map, which pops up an army management menu for your own army.
hahahahaha, thx mate, but it is so not obvious (I always thought it was part of the design) that in 1500 hours I did not notice it hahaaha :mrgreen:

but this is another reason why devs need to improve the army menu, and I'm sure that many players like me, did not understand that this is a button for army management

I thought this was obvious :mrgreen: and I don't quite agree with you on this. However, I've seen your other suggestions in the last few days and I agree with a lot of your feedback. There are nuances that exploits that affect the game a lot. Devs should pay attention to that stuff.

I thought this was obvious :mrgreen: and I don't quite agree with you on this. However, I've seen your other suggestions in the last few days and I agree with a lot of your feedback. There are nuances that exploits that affect the game a lot. Devs should pay attention to that stuff.
different things are obvious to different people - we are all different... usability in order to make it obvious to EVERYONE
but thx mate (y)

When you join a kingdom the first time and if tutorials enabled, there should be really a pop up message window that explains you can now use these tabs to do this and that. Kingdom tab noticable thing because it is next to clan and quest tab but that army tab is really hiding itself from the player.

hahahahaha, thx mate, but it is so not obvious (I always thought it was part of the design) that in 1500 hours I did not notice it hahaaha :mrgreen:

but this is another reason why devs need to improve the army menu, and I'm sure that many players like me, did not understand that this is a button for army management

I think this speaks to the need to have additional tutorials for different parts of the game - army management, city management, kingdom management, etc. There are some under used characters - the doctor in the beginning, Radagos - who could be brought back to play these teaching roles in optional, campaign-specific quests.

Otherwise it’s a bit like starting a job with a company where everyone else has been working for a decade or more and never bothered to write any “new employee” materials aside from pointing out where the bathrooms are at and where your desk is.

I think this speaks to the need to have additional tutorials for different parts of the game - army management, city management, kingdom management, etc. There are some under used characters - the doctor in the beginning, Radagos - who could be brought back to play these teaching roles in optional, campaign-specific quests.

Otherwise it’s a bit like starting a job with a company where everyone else has been working for a decade or more and never bothered to write any “new employee” materials aside from pointing out where the bathrooms are at and where your desk is.
+1

Back
Top Bottom