SP - General The armours are way too weak

Users who are viewing this thread

I think they should be at least two times more sturdier than now. Currently, even with sturdy armours, just a cut and slashes from the swords could easily deal with them. It makes the armours are feels like made of a butter.

No they are not!!! Im not gonna stand being a walking tank in Hardcore mode. Its gonna become way to easy! As for now i can take quite a lot with top tier armor in a battle or at least more then enough Heck i can even take 3 arrows with my berserker with light gear savage armor on him semi leveled. If you gonna play this like COD style go pick easy or easiest mode instead

Last edited:
No they are not!!! Im not gonna stand being a walking tank in Hardcore mode. Its gonna become way to easy! As for now i can take quite a lot with top tier armor in a battle or at least more then enough Heck i can even take 3 arrows with my berserker with light gear savage armor on him semi leveled. If you gonna play this like COD style go pick easy or easiest mode instead
I agree with you. People want to make this game easier and are afraid of using skill.

I agree with you. People want to make this game easier and are afraid of using skill.
Hi. I've been roleplaying a poor mercenary Warband on 100% dmg wearing a gambeson and an arming sword. I don't claim to be good at Warband OR Bannerlord, but you can't exactly accuse me of wanting the game to be easy, can you?

Armor in BL is too weak, and not for the players' sake. So far there's little reason to upgrade troops since their weapon skill doesn't increase enough, and their armor provides them no additional protection versus enemies. The term "enemies" includes soldiers from your own party, too.

In essense, not just you, but NPC lords, including those hostile to the player, have to pay ten times the salary to the exact same dude with a slightly intimidating tin foil layer over him. Armor should be about protection, both for the player AND for enemy soldiers alike. With that kind of balance, one has to wonder why armor exists in the game world at all, context wise - why has Calradia invented armor if it does nothing?

So to adress your "making the game easier" point, I'd actually like to be unable to kill a fully kitted knight by cutting him with a dull knife.

High tier troops does a difference as well and can be pretty tanky when youre engaging em so see no difference there. but sure if they get over numbered or thrusted with a spear in high speed, thats another factor to consider. Know when to fall back your men and pick your fights is all i can say. And men including yourself are gonna die one way or another sooner or later. Its not gonna be like 100 against 300 even if it has happened on rare occasions in realistic mode and i was all sweaty after it for sure

Last edited:

Yes tactics and out witting your enemy is part of this game to along with being a good warrior that know how to fight and to command your troops. But even how good you are, you can become outnumbered quickly if you dont have your head with you to fall back when necessary, watching out for cavs or to use cover against pesky archers. Gamers today in general have become lazy i guess and dont want challenges or to develop because they got everything served on a silver platter..I blame it on cheesing youtubers and wallstreet gaming industry xD

Last edited:
You're arguing as though increasing armor across the board would make the game easier.
Personally, I'm tired of my heavily armored legionaries getting absolutely destroyed by peasants with pitchforks in a 1v3.
They just need to fix the game so that lords will stop using 50% recruit armies as well.

Agree top tier enemy units, even their nobles, normally take only one more hit compared to low tier. They need to lower the HP of low tier units, and increase HP and armor for high tier. A looter can survive a tier 3 arrow to the head, and a lord can be killed with a few swings with a sword. Has nothing to do with "tactics" and being a "good warrior". It is about wanting to feel a difference when fighting a knight who has triad is hole life and fighting peasant, who had just grabbed what ever was near them, so quit your elitist arguments.

Agree top tier enemy units, even their nobles, normally take only one more hit compared to low tier. They need to lower the HP of low tier units, and increase HP and armor for high tier. A looter can survive a tier 3 arrow to the head, and a lord can be killed with a few swings with a sword. Has nothing to do with "tactics" and being a "good warrior". It is about wanting to feel a difference when fighting a knight who has triad is hole life and fighting peasant, who had just grabbed what ever was near them, so quit your elitist arguments.

Are you playing on Realistic mode ? (well it does´nt matter) because to me the damn higher tier enemies and lords can for sure buff hits like bosses and make you in pain in one hit compared to an peasant or low level inf no matter what level you are on. But sure if youre stacked with an good sword or an axe with skills to back it up and perhaps some force in your riding, then i can feel ya. Send me a video with 5 T6 infantry soldiers against 10 peasants in full assault and show me how bad they are. Mine is def kicking ass head to head. But if lets say 3 surrounds one of mine he most prob gonna go down taking hits from all sides like they should.... here is where tactics comes in not letting your troops getting overrun from the flanks with formations and backups. Do the same with your low levels against their T6 because i dont see this on the battlefield. They are just soldiers with better armor and skills not some terminators (dont mix this up being total war) and are also pretty easy to get now with new skill adjustments (which i disliked) along with first perk from Leadership. So yeah to sum things up, if you and your T6 along with theirs is gonna get more hit points its gonna be easier for you in the long run hense realistic mode for me is gonna be more like medium, since now i think its more like semi hard, But on the other hand sure theres things that needs to be done with the AI but everything doesnt have to be perfect either

Last edited:
Do you know the enemies are also wear an armour? Not only players are allow to wearing armour.

Sigh, are we really playing a same game?

Do you know the enemies are also wear an armour? Not only players are allow to wearing armour.

Sigh, are we really playing a same game?

Ok do it like this. Start a new game on realistic mode. Make a decent character lets say 1-2 on swords. Hit the tournament straight away and start hitting on a geared armored T6 guy and tell me if hes armored enough for you. So in simulation youre representing an low tier soldier but with better brains.... However my logic here is that you gonna get more hit points and so does your troops and if youre recruiting and getting faster T6 soldiers including yourself being buffed it doesnt matter if the enemies are getting buffed to if they cant keep up getting elites out the same rate as you and youre def gonna cut down looters and other beings way easier to hense "xp farming" as some people calls it is gonna be easier. So yeah for me its gonna make the game easier since im not gonna be that vulnerable anymore and can just rush in there without a problem, lesser having to think about my decisions. Also because my dmg output is gonna be above theirs in later game so keep that in mind to

Last edited:
Ok do it like this. Start a new game on realistic mode. Make a decent character lets say 1-2 on swords. Hit the tournament straight away and start hitting on a geared armored T6 guy and tell me if hes armored enough for you.
Just did that with an Imperial Engineer setup. Killed a darkhan in my first tournament. No, he isn't armored enough.

Not the best of examples probably, but that's the high-tier trooper I've stumbled upon first. Haven't fought much on the eastern front, so whether he would generally count as a relatively armored dude - I've got no idea. Looks tough enough for the sake of that argument

Are you playing on Realistic mode ? (well it does´nt matter) because to me the damn higher tier enemies and lords can for sure buff hits like bosses and make you in pain in one hit compared to an peasant or low level inf no matter what level you are on. But sure if youre stacked with an good sword or an axe with skills to back it up and perhaps some force in your riding, then i can feel ya. Send me a video with 5 T6 infantry soldiers against 10 peasants in full assault and show me how bad they are. Mine is def kicking ass head to head. But if lets say 3 surrounds one of mine he most prob gonna go down taking hits from all sides like they should.... here is where tactics comes in not letting your troops getting overrun from the flanks with formations and backups. Do the same with your low levels against their T6 because i dont see this on the battlefield. They are just soldiers with better armor and skills not some terminators (dont mix this up being total war) and are also pretty easy to get now with new skill adjustments (which i disliked) along with first perk from Leadership. So yeah to sum things up, if you and your T6 along with theirs is gonna get more hit points its gonna be easier for you in the long run hense realistic mode for me is gonna be more like medium, since now i think its more like semi hard, But on the other hand sure theres things that needs to be done with the AI but everything doesnt have to be perfect either

With 32 armor and 1/3 damage option they can one hit you with couched lance but they require at least 4 to kill you with one handed, that means they can two hit you in realistic mode.

Just did that with an Imperial Engineer setup. Killed a darkhan in my first tournament. No, he isn't armored enough.

Not the best of examples probably, but that's the high-tier trooper I've stumbled upon first. Haven't fought much on the eastern front, so whether he would generally count as a relatively armored dude - I've got no idea. Looks tough enough for the sake of that argument

yeah but my point is how many hits did it take ?

With 32 armor and 1/3 damage option they can one hit you with couched lance but they require at least 4 to kill you with one handed, that means they can two hit you in realistic mode.

Not really with heavy setup on the armor. My berserker with very small armor setup...around 14-20 could be lesser can take couple of hits or 3 arrows with his medium skills. But i know you wanna be those guys running in to 10 in the middle and kill everyone without a sweat. Not gonna happen in Mount and Blade or at lest i hope not they are switching it to casual mode

Last edited:
Hm. I did that prior to reading the post even, so I wasn't counting. Just wanted a new character.

I'd say in the range of 5 to 8 hits, I'd remember if it was different from these numbers and therefore exceptional.

Well there you have it...Takes 5 to 8 hits for a regular low tier trooper to kill an T5 Armored guy...isnt that enough for you or you want a tank or something ?

Last edited:
I think if they're calling the difficulty "realistic," realism should be key.

If armour feels weak against anything, it's cutting. I don't think anyone could easily cut through lamellar plates or a coat of mail. Arrow damage would still be effective though. The mechanical power from a bow puts A TON of force behind that arrow tip to pierce armour. 2-handed spear thrusts taking advantage of the mechanical torque of the body would also be good VS armour. Heck, even tapered blades like the Vlandian arming sword could do a lot of thrust damage with 1 hand.

For a "realistic" difficulty setting, a damage system that takes into account weapon type, style of blade on the weapon and direction of the attack VS the style of armour would be cool. But it's way far down on what I think TW needs to be focusing on. I'm actually quite happy with the weapon damage VS armour and just pretending the characters are always trying to go after the weak points in the armour. It's an abstraction, but having REALLY strong armour would draw fights out too long, I think. It's also not too hard to be good at avoiding hits as the player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom