[The Armory] Post your smithing creations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone,

I'm surprised that I haven't seen a thread for this yet, so I wanted to make one location for everybody to share the fruits of their labor with the smithing skill. Discussions about the implementation and balance of the mechanics are not the objective of this thread, only a spot to show off visuals, stats, and names.

November 2021 Relaunch
It would be nice if this got pinned!

My character Frederic started out as a humble smith in Vlandia, and had 1-2 other companions as apprentices to help him rise in his career. Fast forward 15 years after the game started, and he sits on the throne in Pravend, but still practices his craft in his free time. His smithing is currently level 272.

A few simple guidelines for posting in this thread:

- No cheat mode please! This includes boosting your skill via the console commands, and/or unlocking all recipes with it.
- (Optional) Every great weapon has a name. Share with us the name of your creation, and if you're proud of those too, its stats!
- (Optional) Your characters smithing skill, and perks that you recommend.
- Any creation is fine. Whether you are an apprentice at level 25 or a master at 300, if you are proud of your work don't be afraid to show it!

Happy smithing!

Below are some of my new creations on my current main save, and stories behind each of them. I look forward to seeing everybody elses creations!

swordoformanfard.jpg

Forged shortly after Frederic lead an army to retake the border/mountain pass stronghold of Ormanfard Castle from the Battanians. Was awarded the fief for services rendered, and was his primary weapon and symbol of title for years.

sultanspride.jpg

A fine Thamaskene steel scimitar forged several months after Frederic ascended to the Vlandian throne, as a symbol of good personal and international relations between Frederic/Vlandians & the Aserai. Presented as a gift to Sultan Unqid for many years of friendship.

tsg.jpg

Forged long before Frederic was nothing more than an accomplished smith and part-time mercenary working out of his shop in Rovalt. Originally unimpressed with the outcome of the design, he did not originally name it however came to rely on the beast of a Thamaskene two hander in many battles, surpassing the performance of his other greatsword, Titan. Titan current sits in the halls of Pravend, while this is brought with Frederic during his campaigns.

ymir.jpg

Ymir is a northern inspired broadsword presented as a gift to Frederic's Captain Bylorn who helped assemble and build the Varyag Guard, a Nordic personal guard of 75 Varyag Veterans that act as the bulwark to the kings infantry vanguard.

sov.jpg

Forged some time after Frederic was elected to rule the Vlandians. During his first year in power, he managed to restore old historical borders by retaking lost land from the Battanians and Western Empire, as well as launching massive efforts to counter bandit activity in the realm and make the roads safe for commerce again. While still sharp and balanced, this sword is more ceremonial object than weapon, and has been worn while holding court much more than on the battlefield.

Last edited:
I can't get my smiting level high enough to make a weapon worth a damn, I can only refine so much charcoal before it becomes annoying and the stamina is another downfall. Not to mention how hard it is to get the parts you want or need to make your weapon of choice.

I can't get my smiting level high enough to make a weapon worth a damn, I can only refine so much charcoal before it becomes annoying and the stamina is another downfall. Not to mention how hard it is to get the parts you want or need to make your weapon of choice.

What I did was use my companions to create the charcoal and raw materials, and my main character to assist but also smelt down weapons and craft. I have also found a Level 60 Smithing companion to help. Also the level 50 perk that vastly increases your chances of discovering new parts when you break down items is quite helpful. Again, not going to get into my gripes with the mechanics but it does currently take some time to hone the craft.

What I did was use my companions to create the charcoal and raw materials, and my main character to assist but also smelt down weapons and craft. I have also found a Level 60 Smithing companion to help. Also the level 50 perk that vastly increases your chances of discovering new parts when you break down items is quite helpful. Again, not going to get into my gripes with the mechanics but it does currently take some time to hone the craft.

"What I did was use my companions to create the charcoal and raw materials " ....WHAT?! HOW???!!! :-0

"What I did was use my companions to create the charcoal and raw materials " ....WHAT?! HOW???!!! :-0

In the smithing screen at the bottom left where your characters portrait is. If you click, you can cycle through all of your companions and utilize all of their stamina, and skills.

In the smithing screen at the bottom left where your characters portrait is. If you click, you can cycle through all of your companions and utilize all of their stamina, and skills.

You JUST SAVED MY DAY, MY LORD. :grin: ...As I wrote with topic in sieging(someone wrote that you can put catapult to reservs ...and build it in next sieging immediately) This game need some instructional video "game mechanics" from the developers! ....I missed some important game mechanics only because they are fraking hidden because BAD GAME DESIGN!!!!

I have some actuall TIPS about leveling of smithing.

USE your COMPANIONS IN SMITHING! = quicker leveling of you, because you need a lot of charcoal.

As John Frederick wrote, and who don´t know - you can use your companion for smithing - left picture of you in smithing menu - click on it - choose your companion.

I tried small resarch - how much XP from same resting(1day) in different activity (Smelt, Forge, Refine):

REFINE
I can do 15x/1 day - 3x Hardwood = 2 Charcoal = 71 XP x 15x/1 day = 1065 XP / 15x(-3 hardwood, +2 charcoal)

FORGE(best what I can now)
I can do 4x/1 day - blade 2tier, guard 5tier, handle grip 3tier, pommel 3tier = 422 XP x 4x/ day = 1688 XP / 4x(iron -6, fine steel -1, charcoal -1)
Higher lvl of steel, higher tier of parts + quantity of steel = more XP

SMELT(same what I forged) - If I count with smelting what I forge - Because unlimited same steel. You can smelt more time, than forge.
I can do MORE than 4x/1 day - blade 2tier, guard 5tier, handle grip 3tier, pommel 3tier = 85 XP x 4x/ day = 340 XP / 4x(iron +6, fine steel +1, charcoal -1)

......................................................................................................
So, for me the best tactic for me(in same time):
1) Do max. amount of charcoal by one companion.
2) Forge max. amount of the hightest swords(hightes amount of finest steel) by my avatar.
3) Smelt these forged swords by second companion.
4) REST

I have been smithing for so long and it never occured to me to click on the icon. Thank you! I can at least add some points to my companions and level them up a bit.

Dope thread idea! I had a level 68 smithing on 1.0.5 but have since deleted the save due to the new patches. :sad:

I’ll be contributing my creations soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom