[The Armory] Post your smithing creations!

John Frederick

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Hello everyone,

I'm surprised that I haven't seen a thread for this yet, so I wanted to make one location for everybody to share the fruits of their labor with the smithing skill. Discussions about the implementation and balance of the mechanics are not the objective of this thread, only a spot to show off visuals, stats, and names.

As one of my Sturgian characters accrued a lot of extra denars that I did not have a use for, I decided to have him and his companions invest some of it in raw materials to boost the smithing skill. That is where I fully took notice on how elaborate and creative the player can get; for there are some pretty cool combinations that can be made! My character is by no means a professional craftsman yet, and yet I want to share some of my creations with the community, and see what everybody else has been making.

A few simple guidelines for posting in this thread:

- No cheat mode please! This includes boosting your skill via the console commands, and/or unlocking all recipes with it.
- (Optional) Every great weapon has a name. Share with us the name of your creation, and if you're proud of those too, its stats!
- (Optional) Your characters smithing skill, and perks that you recommend.
- Any creation is fine. Whether you are an apprentice at level 25 or a master at 200, if you are proud of your work don't be afraid to show it!

Happy smithing!

Again, I'm not the best smith yet but some stuff that I made so far:

Last edited:

Reiksmarshal

Sergeant Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
I can't get my smiting level high enough to make a weapon worth a damn, I can only refine so much charcoal before it becomes annoying and the stamina is another downfall. Not to mention how hard it is to get the parts you want or need to make your weapon of choice.

John Frederick

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
I can't get my smiting level high enough to make a weapon worth a damn, I can only refine so much charcoal before it becomes annoying and the stamina is another downfall. Not to mention how hard it is to get the parts you want or need to make your weapon of choice.
What I did was use my companions to create the charcoal and raw materials, and my main character to assist but also smelt down weapons and craft. I have also found a Level 60 Smithing companion to help. Also the level 50 perk that vastly increases your chances of discovering new parts when you break down items is quite helpful. Again, not going to get into my gripes with the mechanics but it does currently take some time to hone the craft.

buca

Recruit
Best answers
What I did was use my companions to create the charcoal and raw materials, and my main character to assist but also smelt down weapons and craft. I have also found a Level 60 Smithing companion to help. Also the level 50 perk that vastly increases your chances of discovering new parts when you break down items is quite helpful. Again, not going to get into my gripes with the mechanics but it does currently take some time to hone the craft.
"What I did was use my companions to create the charcoal and raw materials " ....WHAT?! HOW???!!! :-0

John Frederick

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
"What I did was use my companions to create the charcoal and raw materials " ....WHAT?! HOW???!!! :-0
In the smithing screen at the bottom left where your characters portrait is. If you click, you can cycle through all of your companions and utilize all of their stamina, and skills.

buca

Recruit
Best answers
In the smithing screen at the bottom left where your characters portrait is. If you click, you can cycle through all of your companions and utilize all of their stamina, and skills.
You JUST SAVED MY DAY, MY LORD. :grin: ...As I wrote with topic in sieging(someone wrote that you can put catapult to reservs ...and build it in next sieging immediately) This game need some instructional video "game mechanics" from the developers! ....I missed some important game mechanics only because they are fraking hidden because BAD GAME DESIGN!!!!

buca

Recruit
Best answers
I have some actuall TIPS about leveling of smithing.

USE your COMPANIONS IN SMITHING! = quicker leveling of you, because you need a lot of charcoal.

As John Frederick wrote, and who don´t know - you can use your companion for smithing - left picture of you in smithing menu - click on it - choose your companion.

I tried small resarch - how much XP from same resting(1day) in different activity (Smelt, Forge, Refine):

REFINE
I can do 15x/1 day - 3x Hardwood = 2 Charcoal = 71 XP x 15x/1 day = 1065 XP / 15x(-3 hardwood, +2 charcoal)

FORGE(best what I can now)
I can do 4x/1 day - blade 2tier, guard 5tier, handle grip 3tier, pommel 3tier = 422 XP x 4x/ day = 1688 XP / 4x(iron -6, fine steel -1, charcoal -1)
Higher lvl of steel, higher tier of parts + quantity of steel = more XP

SMELT(same what I forged) - If I count with smelting what I forge - Because unlimited same steel. You can smelt more time, than forge.
I can do MORE than 4x/1 day - blade 2tier, guard 5tier, handle grip 3tier, pommel 3tier = 85 XP x 4x/ day = 340 XP / 4x(iron +6, fine steel +1, charcoal -1)

......................................................................................................
So, for me the best tactic for me(in same time):
1) Do max. amount of charcoal by one companion.
2) Forge max. amount of the hightest swords(hightes amount of finest steel) by my avatar.
3) Smelt these forged swords by second companion.
4) REST

The_Hussar

Knight
WBNWWF&S
Best answers
I have been smithing for so long and it never occured to me to click on the icon. Thank you! I can at least add some points to my companions and level them up a bit.

MKLVN

Veteran
Best answers
Dope thread idea! I had a level 68 smithing on 1.0.5 but have since deleted the save due to the new patches. :sad:

I’ll be contributing my creations soon enough!

DreadedEntity

Recruit
Best answers
Higher level materials give you more xp too. Save the weapons that give steel to be smelted by your main character

aimlessgun

Recruit
Best answers
Not a smith but I am interested in seeing what is possible so I know if all the effort is worth it!