In Progress The application faced a problem. I can't launch game

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.2.316284
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
the application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. Would you like to upload these files now ?
Click "yes" and nothing happened, the game just shutting down
Anyone help pls? My first time playing this game
Summary: The application faced a problem.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which: No. First time i buy and play this game
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
Win 10 pro x64
CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 19044.1766
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0
Installed RAM 16,0 GB (15,8 GB usable)

Could you try these workarounds?

‘Launcher not Launching’ / Game is not launching Workarounds​

If you experiencing any issues with the launcher, you can try the workarounds below to fix it:
  • The first thing to do when experiencing any issue with the game is verifying the game files. After an update, there is always a chance of some of the game files being corrupted or missing. Doing this will verify that the game files are installed correctly. You can also check our guide regarding this here.
  • Deleting the configs folder of the game located in the Documents folder. Please keep in mind that this will also delete your saved options of the game. Don’t forget to back up the files if you don’t want to lose them. (C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs)
  • You can try to delete the contents of the folder below and verify the game files afterward. "steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin"
  • If you have installed a mod called Fixed Launcher in the past, you need to make sure that you have deleted its files. These files can block the launcher from launching. The files of the aforementioned mod.
  • Check your Windows Defender settings for Ransomware Protection. You should add Bannerlord to the list under the Controlled Folder Access. To do that:
  • - Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    - Click on Virus & threat protection.
    - Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
    - Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through the Controlled folder access link.
    - Click the Add an allowed app button to add Bannerlord.
  • Deleting the “spriteData.xml” file located in the "steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI” folder can fix the issue. This is an obsolete xml file that the game is not using. However, if a mod is installed before changing this file, the game tries to use it and crashes.
  • Deleting the logs folder located under the "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" folder. Please note that the ProgramData folder is a hidden folder by default.
  • If none of the workarounds above helped you, you can try to launch the game via the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe files located in the folder below:
    ...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
  • Check your OneDrive folder contents. Even if it is disabled we have seen users post that their files have been changed with the previous OneDrive synced files. You should try deleting your OneDrive files. More info about that can be found here.

Same problem here. Fresh 1.8 install. No mods. Deleted all the old Bannerlord files in My Documents. I was able to launch the game directly by using the launcher exe, but when I tried again to launch from Steam I got the same crash. It asks me to upload the crash data but the crash reporter doesn't come up

Getting the same crash at launch since months here . Since last update I can get a crash report window , some slight progression :p
Game used to work 1 or 2 years ago (about 50 hours played) .

Back
Top Bottom