Need More Info "The application faced a problem." Error when trying to save or load game. Makes M&B Unplayable

Users who are viewing this thread

IREFAIL

Recruit
A lot of people are getting this error when trying to load or save. "The application faced a problem. We need to collect the necessary files to fix this problem. Would you like to upload these files now?". After clicking yes it closes the game and pulls up a list of crash files and gives you the prompt to send them. I have found that sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. This issue started for me after 5pm 3/30/30 and still persists.

I am facing this problem upon launch. Launcher crashed every time. Reinstalled multiple times checked firewall and everything. I’ve been waiting close to eight years for this :sad: still haven’t made it to the main menu

Im having the same problem ive tried launching all the exes ive updated to the lastest version of windows 10 I dont know what else to do

The problem appeared after latest patch. Cant start the game :/ No mods installed whatsoever.

edit: Check your compatibility files in steam for the game. It downloaded 1GB of files for me (6 were missing apparently) and it worked.

Last edited:
Please Help Me . The application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem.
I am not able to fix this problem.
1 month ago, I haven't had a chance to play this game yet. ???

same here , my game is crashed after 15hours of play without issues. Tried with and without mods , tried all kind of internet found solutions. Nothing works.

Hi all, sorry for the late reply. Can you please verify the integrity of the game files and try to load the game again? If you are playing with mods please make sure to delete the mod files before verifying the integrity of the game files and starting a new campaign without mods to see if you can reproduce the problem with the native game.

With no mods, I can't even start a new campaign. The few times that the error didn't appear in start up, I was able to load a saved campaign and after 2 minutes of playing, it crashed. So, either it crashes on launch or 2 minutes after loading a saved game, can do nothing.
Also, I verified the integrity of the files alongside with trying some other stuff, nothing seems to have worked. This problem appeared with the latest update, 1.4.1

Oh wow i have found a fix for this:
This is from a user Perverse Papaja on steam :smile:
this is what he said and it worked :
follow this in singleplayer:

here is a fix that works in 95% of all cases and keeps all safe games.

Without mods:
1.) Open Steam -> Library -> Mount and Blade Bannerlord
2.) right click on Bannerlord -> "properties"
3.) Select the "Updates" tab and uncheck "Steam Cloud Synchro ..."
4.) Open your documents (the Documents folder)
5.) Copy "Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" from Documents to your desktop
6.) Delete "Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" from your documents folder
7.) Start Mount and Blade 2 and exit it when you are in the main menu. (This must be done so that a new "Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" folder is created in your documents)
8.) Go to the folder that you have moved to the desktop and there you will find 4 folders.
Copy the folder "Game Saves" and paste it under "Documents" -> "Mount and Blade II Bannerlord". (ONLY the Game Saves folder!)
9.) Start the game again and you should now be able to play without any problems. Settings and so on must be set again

With mods (Vortex launcher)
1.) Open Steam -> Library -> Mount and Blade Bannerlord
2.) right click on Bannerlord -> "properties"
3.) Select the "Updates" tab and uncheck "Steam Cloud Synchro ..."
4.) Open your documents (the Documents folder)
5.) Copy "Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" from your documents folder to your desktop
6.) Delete "Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" from your documents
7.) Click on "Start" (or Windows key + r) and enter: "%appdata%"
8.) Go to the folder "Vortex" and then "plugins" and make sure that "plugins" is empty. If not, delete all files in the "Plugins" folder
9.) Start Mount and Blade 2 and exit it when you are in the main menu. (This must be done so that a new "Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" folder is created in your documents)
10.) Go to the folder that you have moved to the desktop and there you will find 4 folders. Copy the folder "Game Saves" and paste it under "Documents" -> "Mount and Blade II Bannerlord". (ONLY the Game Saves folder!)
11.) Start the launcher and select all mods.
(If you dont see your mods, You may have to install all mods again, just open Vortex, "load order" -> "Deploy mods" (left on top) - if you still don't see any mods in the launcher, go to "Vortex" on "mods" and choose for every Mod uninstall "and then reinstall it.)
Also check, if you have the latest versions of your mods
11.) Start the game again and you should now be able to play without any problems. Settings and so on must be set again

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS. I have 169.3 hours in this game. I move from one house to another. I simply MOVE my computer. And now this game doesn’t work at all. Ran all updates. Did all the walkabouts and reach arounds and I’m still getting this error. Like, refund me if you can’t fix it?!?!?!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS. I have 169.3 hours in this game. I move from one house to another. I simply MOVE my computer. And now this game doesn’t work at all. Ran all updates. Did all the walkabouts and reach arounds and I’m still getting this error. Like, refund me if you can’t fix it?!?!?!
Hello, can you please share your Crash ID? Meanwhile, you can take a look at our crash checklist to see if any of the steps there will help you with the issue.

I'm having same issues, after modding or not modding. I have try updating driver, try visual performance tweaking, have try to verify integrity, unistalling.. I have almost 300hr of play time and never seeing such tragedy..get Yall Dung Together...

Hello would it be possible to get help concerning a crash? Taleworld support it literally not reachable via Email...

I have bought the game on Sunday and am experiencing crashes since Monday and tried to fix it by looking at different fixes in the community, none of which helped so far.

I don't want to refund this game but it can't be that I spend more time deleting files and reinstalling the game than actually playing it.

The fixes above have not done anything so far.

I'd appreciate a soon response.

Back
Top Bottom