The answer to all the folks who are tired of the vanilla campaign content: CRUSADER BLADE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlord's current situation is that the battles work quite well. I really enjoy the fighting. Even sieges are working okay right now.

However, much of the campaign mechanics are a bit threadbare and lackluster. Diplomacy is pretty simple, the economy is kind of broken. The quests are meh.
In its current state, I feel like the campaign is so bare bones that it eventually becomes somewhat repetitive and boring. For me, what makes the battles interesting is their context within the campaign. I also enjoy a bit of role playing to go with the constant battles.

As a fan of Crusader Kings, I've often found myself wishing that the campaign for Bannerlord had more elements from Crusader Kings in it. Particularly the diplomacy in CK3 is so deep and so well implemented, it adds a lot to the feeling of meaning and immersion.

Crusader Blade is a mod that combines Bannerlord and Crusader Kings 3. You play the Crusader Kings 3 campaign, but have the option of fighting the battles in Bannerlord. I've been watching this mod for a while. Initially, it was a bit crude, but at this point, it has morphed into a literal game changer that has elevated the fun factor for both CK3 and Bannerlord to the next level. There are even sub mods available (the Custom Troops Mod and the Early Troop Tree Mod) that allow you to tailor the conversion of CK3 troop types into their Bannerlord equivalents.

The pace of this mod's development has been nuts, particulalry considering that it's pretty much done by one guy.

If you're getting bored or frustrated with Bannerlord's campaign, I highly recommend checking out Crusader Blade. The combination of these two games just may result in the greatest medieval grand strategy game of all time.

Links here:

Indeed, it's just awesome they managed to do something like this so early in the development; however, this is like Bannerlord in CK3.
What I really am hoping for is CK3 in Bannerlord, if you know what I mean?
Been playing CK series for more than a decade, I just love it(can't wait for the Royal Court DLC in less than a week!)...but if modders would manage to slowly add the mechanisms to Bannerlord, I think that would be the ultimate medieval gaming experience.

Indeed, it's just awesome they managed to do something like this so early in the development; however, this is like Bannerlord in CK3.
What I really am hoping for is CK3 in Bannerlord, if you know what I mean?
Been playing CK series for more than a decade, I just love it(can't wait for the Royal Court DLC in less than a week!)...but if modders would manage to slowly add the mechanisms to Bannerlord, I think that would be the ultimate medieval gaming experience.
I know what you mean about CK3 in Bannerlord. That would be the ultimate.

I just don't see the Taleworlds folks getting there, and I haven't seen any mods, even in Warband, that had the sort of depth of a Crusader Kings game.

For the forseeable future, I think that Crusdader Blade is going to be my go-to fix for both Bannerlord and CK3. I just hope the new Royal Court DLC is compatible with the Crusdader Blade mod.

Never played any Ck's bit i think i get their jib. I think the allure to merge these is simply to Make Battles Matter Again! If there are real stakes and a real sense of territory control with every battle having a real effect on the World stage -they'd come flocking back to this game.

if modders would manage to slowly add the mechanisms to Bannerlord, I think that would be the ultimate medieval gaming experience.

I think the allure to merge these is simply to Make Battles Matter Again! If there are real stakes and a real sense of territory control with every battle having a real effect on the World stage -they'd come flocking back to this game.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom