The Anime/Manga Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm pretty sure, Der Film was a fair while back, Das Finale only aired a couple of months back.

But I'd meant more in general, as in "I haven't really been watching anything since garupan aired years back, can anyone recommend any shows I've missed in the past few years that are worth watching?" As opposed to "only more panzers.". 'Pologies for the lack of clarity.

Well, if you watched Steins;Gate, the sequel is airing right now, based on the VN. That's definitely worth a watch if you saw the original, mostly if you haven't played the VN though.

Elisianthus said:
But I'd meant more in general, as in "I haven't really been watching anything since garupan aired years back, can anyone recommend any shows I've missed in the past few years that are worth watching?" As opposed to "only more panzers.". 'Pologies for the lack of clarity.

There are three shows airing this current season that have been quite a blast. Golden Kamuy, Hinamatsuri and Megalo Box. I wasn't very up-to-date on shows last year, but I'm getting back into seasonal watching again.

GGO was great, I hope we get more soon.

ay3e7.png

GGO was Alright, but very far away from great. I would say that the battles were amusing enough, but the story hopped between bad and average. Especially the finale episode had a very bad story to it. The grand reveal certainly was no surprise for anyone that watched the first few episodes of the show and the result of said reveal is very unrealistic. M's background story is completely ridiculous, considering his body transformation and the age involved with the other party.

duppelpost because the finale happened

that was... disappointing. I also don't know how else they could've satisfactorily have resolved all that. oh well.

Watched the first season of Castlevania. What a basket of turd that was. The gory bits, voice acting and most of the action was nice, but holy **** the writing was Vikings levels of terrible.

I'm not overly into anime, as I rarely watch it. Perhaps once or twice every year, perhaps longer. But the best thing I ever watched was Claymore. It's the standard on which I measure everything else. Sadly, very short compared to the rather large amount of books (my housemate bought all of them), with only one solitary series, but damn it hooked me straight away.

Dark, gritty, pretty gruesome and gory, mature. Great plot, interesting characters and development. Never really felt like it went backwards at any point, and not once did I become bored or lose interest. First time I watched it, I chained every episode until it was over and just wanted more.

The English dub is actually good (I'm not fan of Japanese VO anyhow, grates on my ears majority of the time). The commentaries on the DVDs are pretty cool too. FUNimation are an awesome bunch. You can tell they love what they do, and have a passion for anime and voice-over work.

Basically every site I ever cared about except taleworlds is blocked here, even last-resort ultimate boredom sites like reddit and quora, so in the evenings I've been scouring for manga reading sites and I eventually found this absolute gem:

ashi-girl-8020579.jpg

Look at the genres. Look.

Airhead
Athletic Protagonist
Dumb Female Lead
First Love
Handsome Male Lead
Mistaken Gender
Mistaken Identity
Quirky Characters
Sengoku Era
Time Travel