The Anime/Manga Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Yep, it's made by Madhouse so it's quite good at being a proper adaptation. Can't say the same thing about the live action film though.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22535/Kiseijuu:_Sei_no_Kakuritsu

It just ended like two weeks ago. **** was good.

Sartek said:
Love the character evolution the most, how the main char is a pussyfag in the beginning, but later on in the story, after certain....events, he has become so cold and...well, logical and dangerous.
I thought
more than actually turning colder himself, it was the parasite who was turning him colder, or more logical.

1371214004-ore11-o.jpg

o7

Just finished reading Kekkaishi. Quite an impressive manga, keeping up such great quality and interesting characters consistently for 345 chapters, and not at all feeling like it was dragging on. If anything, I wish there was more of it, and I don't think I've felt that with a single other manga of comparable length.

Edit: Watched the two first episodes of Owari no Seraph. Great music (because Sawano Hiroyuki), decent art, a mixture of popular anime tropes and themes, uninspired characters, cliche filled story... It's like Guilty Crown all over again. Except that comparison is unfair to GC - this thing doesn't have the slightest shred of originality or style.

Tuckles said:
Been enjoying Arslan Senki so far. One of the few prime-time slot anime I've enjoyed in recent memory tbh.
That's because that's a remake. Arslan Senki is an old successful anime that someone got that girl who drew FMA to reboot.

Comrade Temuzu said:
It just ended like two weeks ago. **** was good.

Sartek said:
Love the character evolution the most, how the main char is a pussyfag in the beginning, but later on in the story, after certain....events, he has become so cold and...well, logical and dangerous.
I thought
more than actually turning colder himself, it was the parasite who was turning him colder, or more logical.

I thought that much was obvious. He was trying to fight it though....and at times succeeded.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Tuckles said:
Been enjoying Arslan Senki so far. One of the few prime-time slot anime I've enjoyed in recent memory tbh.
That's because that's a remake. Arslan Senki is an old successful anime that someone got that girl who drew FMA to reboot.

Oh? I thought it was a small OVA series. I know the manga's been around for a while (1980's?). Thanks for telling me about FMA though, now I realize why I found the art so familiar.

I started Tokyo Ghoul. I have a friend who likes Juuzu Suzuya (he's very cute I'll admit) and my gf also got hooked on it so I'm giving it a go and really liking it so far.

Something I'd really suggest for us Warband fans would be the new anime called Is it wrong to try pick up girls in a dungeon?

It's quite in the Warband-styled theme :smile:

Anyone searching for it should type in "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka" to find it. Up to now there are 3 episodes and all are English-titled on Youtube already, so hurry before they're removed :smile:

Cheers

Yeah, an accurate impression. Dungeon also has it's share of fanservice, harem and laughable romance you can only find in Japanese TV shows. But on the other hand, it has got some fluid animations, an impressive budget behind and the enjoyable feeling of living in an RPG world SAO also has. Since it's currently 3 episodes so far I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this show can achieve nothing better than a score of 7/10 and is aimed at the lonely antisocial audience of Japan (or of the whole world).

To whoever brought up Parasyte a few pages back, thanks a lot. What a great anime, I even showed it to my sister and she loved it. It really reminded me of Death Note for some reason. Anybody has a similar anime to recommend? Also, I recently picked up Steins Gate and I have to say it's really intriguing. The potential is huge, and I also enjoy how almost every character in it seems to be crazy in a way.

I can't think of anything particularly similar to Parasyte, but I guess there's plenty of anime that you could compare it to for having psychological themes if it reminded you of Death Note. Ergo Proxy, GitS, Psycho-Pass - though those are mostly just shows I think are good in general. Similarity would be pretty much limited to having interesting characters and posing questions regarding morality, which was what I mostly liked about Parasyte.

The start of Steins; Gate way overplays the 'weirdness' of the characters, to the point of being seriously detrimental to the entire series in my opinion. However, past the first six or so episodes the series starts getting a lot better. The characters are very interesting once more than just their quirks are showed, and it all ramps up to a fantastic ending. So yeah, if you actually find it interesting from the start, I would definitely recommend watching the whole thing. The whole time travel thing isn't really very well done and doesn't benefit the plot much, but the themes that start developing around the characters and their relationships are very interesting. It's a series that had countless chances to be hugely pretentious with it's grand setting, but instead managed to delve into some very basic parts of human nature by focusing on a very limited set of characters.

Back
Top Bottom