The Anime/Manga Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Kenji Utsumi just died.

4vfn6e.jpg

Trying to pick a new anime for the summer and it's between One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist and Fairy tail. I gotta say though one piece at 600 episodes and counting looks kinda daunting. I'll probably end up picking Full Metal Alchemist.

If you're not the typical shonen fanboy who can keep a straight face when discussing a typical fairy tail power-up/Opps-that's-not-the-final-boss-so-we-have-to-go-another-100-episodes arc, go for FMA. Seriously, FMA.

Also note that FMA and FMA:B have diverged storylines towards the end. Basically a 2 in 1 package. :lol:

If I had to pick I'll say the original anime adaptation of FMA was the grimmer one if memory serves.

roboWarrior001 said:
Trying to pick a new anime for the summer and it's between One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist and Fairy tail. I gotta say though one piece at 600 episodes and counting looks kinda daunting. I'll probably end up picking Full Metal Alchemist.

FMA and Brotherhood are good. Relevant post above, Armstrong's VA died 2 days ago, so give it a watch to see one of his best works.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:

Aye, shame it's monthly.

Ore to Hero to Mahou Shoujo is a funny twist to the mahou shoujo genre.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
If you're not the typical shonen fanboy who can keep a straight face when discussing a typical fairy tail power-up/Opps-that's-not-the-final-boss-so-we-have-to-go-another-100-episodes arc, go for FMA. Seriously, FMA.

Also note that FMA and FMA:B have diverged storylines towards the end. Basically a 2 in 1 package. :lol:

If I had to pick I'll say the original anime adaptation of FMA was the grimmer one if memory serves.
Alright FMA it is.

Just... If you're thinking of reading the Attack on Titan manga, don't.
Even though you're dying to know what's in the basement, after 46 chapters, you still won't find out T_T
#cryingmyselftosleepatnight

So far the only introduction I've received to this "Attack on Titan" is Potato Girl

tumblr_mmu1bmeVzY1rpfx57o1_500.gif

And I get the feeling that is not entirely representative of the rest of the show.

Tarias said:
Just... If you're thinking of reading the Attack on Titan manga, don't.
Even though you're dying to know what's in the basement, after 46 chapters, you still won't find out T_T
#cryingmyselftosleepatnight

Haha, that is so true. That basement!!

http://www.oreimo-anime.com/stream/

For those of you that give a ****.

Too Weeaboo; Didn't Read:

Last 3 episodes (14-16) of OreImo2 will be simulcasted (that means aired at the same time) worldwide (that means all the countries including Japan) on Crunchyroll and some other providers (depending on your language of choice) on August 18 (that's the 18th day of the 8th month of the year) at 13:00 JPT (That's GMT +9).

Aye, should be available on Crunchy Roll.

Considering there are no other airing dates, I would guess that it'd be 1 hr 30 long, but I've never actually paid attention to any of these simulcast things before so it could also be Aug 18, Aug 25 and Sept 1 at 13:00 JPT. I'll try to confirm.

Also, you MAY need to be a member of CR to watch, but if that's the case I can probably dig up some 30-day trials beforehand for anyone interested.

That or get one for someone and have them stream it over twitch or something. :razz:

Started catching up on Naruto because my brother urged me to. I have to admit it's kinda getting better towards the end.

Still, I can't forget the 300 chapters of absolutely ****ing nothing in the middle. And worse, I can't forget the very start when it was actually good. :sad:

I know how you feel.
Also, one bit of advice if you want to keep watching the anime: don't read the manga.
Really, once you get to the point where the manga is, you'll kinda be like
''The ****? Where did the plot go?''

Anyone up for some gory over the top mafia comedy?

Black Joke

As far as I can tell the author wanted Japan as the 51st state of the US just so he could have more guns and have his MC be a Marine.

Also: http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/movie/neko_pv01.html

Back
Top Bottom