The Anime/Manga Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Tuckles said:
If anyone here reads Jigokuren, the recent chapter just got so heavy all a sudden. Growing up in a third world setting, that hit faaaaaar too close to home.

Was just about to post that. One of the darker things I've read in a while and I follow Yuureitou.
Turns out being an ignorant ****wit is indeed a sin, just a sin people refuse to acknowledge in terms of damage they are doing by closing their eyes. :razz:

Except that you know...it was something that happened when he was a kid. He gets chocked and acts the way a kid would act. For that he gets sent to hell? In that regard the story falters rather greatly.

Skyrage said:
Tuckles said:
If anyone here reads Jigokuren, the recent chapter just got so heavy all a sudden. Growing up in a third world setting, that hit faaaaaar too close to home.

Was just about to post that. One of the darker things I've read in a while and I follow Yuureitou.
Turns out being an ignorant ****wit is indeed a sin, just a sin people refuse to acknowledge in terms of damage they are doing by closing their eyes. :razz:

Except that you know...it was something that happened when he was a kid. He gets chocked and acts the way a kid would act. For that he gets sent to hell? In that regard the story falters rather greatly.
I blame it on how first worlders like to play 'pretend the world is a decent place' with their kids. At the age of 8-9, if I or any kid around my environment couldn't accurately describe and report on a sexual predator (note that I'll have to learn and know what sexual abuse even is loooong before that), they had no one to blame but themselves when it's literally their ass on the line.

As for me, even at preschool ages, I've never felt fear of an adult only because he's larger and better equipped physically. I've been beaten up by psycho adults before similar to the manner in that manga and my only immediate reaction was anger pilling up upon anger. The only thing I learned that I needed to be smart about is my reaction to said adult. As a child, always, always get another adult. And if the marks on your body are not serious enough, just self inflict some more. Use your noodles until you're old enough to actually mount a counter offensive. My environment taught me that if it breaths, I can probably kill it, and that vicious statement also extends to me.

6ggLuP3.jpg

I forget if this has been posted before.

Back
Top Bottom