The All-Knowing FAQ(Companion and Kingdom Management section added.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Berserker Pride

Grandmaster Knight
I'll add to this a lot over time but for starters I have to put an organized description of the proper way to download this beast.

1)Extract the mod directly to the module folders now.  Run from ironlauncher.exe, select Revenge of the Berserk.  If you have further problems see #4 below.

2)Form Ranks how does it work.
I could try to explain it badly but foxyman does a pretty good job.  The only thing I say is that you can change the key bindings in the camp menu.  And also you can't order your own troops into formations without assigning at least one of your commanders to a battle array.  For the moment be careful when editting you commanders arrays when your own party is full. Foxyman will fix it but if your sub-commander's array is full then it won't let you out of the screen.  Try to edit your sub-commander arrays when your own party isn't full.  That way if you get a message saying that a certain array is too full you can bring the extra into your own party.
Here is the form ranks page if you have more questions
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62492.0.html
ADDITION:From now on you must use Mercenary Officers found in taverns to command your formation arrays.  The original members of the band of the hawk(except Casca and Rickert) can also command arrays properly.  Any other heroes will show up as allies and be uncontrollable if you assign them an array.

3)I'm getting the RGL Error Unable to lock vertex buffer a lot!
This error is a carry-over from native and is a huge pain in the ass.  It can be corrected however.  I find that turning corpses and ragdolls all the way down helps immensely.  If that doesn't completely solve the problem lower all the effects and even run the game in a different resolution.  Run the game in dx7 mode as a last resort(config panel on startup).  As a side note if you want to set the battlesizer way up(you need to look for that program on the forums) then you should run the program in dx7 in order to free up the framerate for that.  The game runs way faster in dx7 in general but you lose all shadow effects.

4)Ironlauncher stopped working! 
Ironlauncher is version 1.3 now and much improved from 1.2.  But there is a tiny bug that happens sometimes if the game ever crashes.  Ironlauncher will try to repair itself after a crash and will usually succeed.  But in case it doesn't go into the main M&B folder and delete the folders DATA_IRON_LAUNCHER and Data_with_Error.  Ironlauncher should run fine after that.

6)I need more commanders!
If you are playing as a male or female and not Gutts you will get two commanders right of the bat with a low lvl and excellent skills.  Once lvled up these guys will be insane support npc's.  You also have the option to upgrade one of five elite troops to a commander npc. You must have one or more of these troop types in your party for two straight months to gain a hero commander.  The list is:
Bakiraka Assassin - (Pamir Vidisia)(tracker)
Black Rhino Knight - (trainer and leader)(Korven Gavin)
Bakiraka Hurler - (hulk smash)(Bakiraka Giant)
Holy Iron Chain Knight - (medic/priest)(Inquisitor Garrov de Balc)
Musketeer - (engineer and gunner)(Lysette)
Royal Lancer - (Super Lancer/swordsman)(Percus)
Forest Chief - (Sharpshooter)(Deatheye)
Hired Blade - (Damage Tank)(Grigorii)
Sea Captain - (Badass)(Berserker of Waltoria)
Black Struggler - (Dark Badass)(Karl Tronsbergen)-*note Gutts only hero
Iron Assassin - (Naked Badass)(Jango the Slayer)*Jango may also join you after you start a kingdom
You must have the right troop type for the right hero of course.  As long as you don't lose all of the troops of one troop type the counter will not be reset to getting your hero.  All of the heroes are pretty good at murderin'.

Dareth - (All-Around)*Shows up in Doldrey tavern after you start a kingdom
Kera - (All-Around\agility)*Shows up in Wyndham tavern after you start a kindom
Kera,Valonne Corborlwitz,Ma Zhou,Dankell Baerd,Dasharon de Villes, *seek you out after you start a kingdom.
Magnifico,Azan,Roderick,Morgan the old fart*join you shortly after you heal Casca
Rickert and Erica join after you heal Casca and talk to Rickert
Silat join Gutts after you start a kingdom.

6)Kingdom Management.
Can't start a kingdom with Gutts till Casca is healed.
All npc's but Mercenary Officers have the ability to become promoted to Lords of the player's kingdom now.  Two things must happen before you can do this.
1) You must be lord of a castle or town and not be associated with any other faction.
2)That Npc must have at least 15 charisma to be capable of holding an army together.
The army size of the npc will vary greatly depending what the heroes natural leadership skill is.  It can not be increased(native problem sorry)
You can talk to an active vassal at any time and order them back into your party and disband their troops.
3)If a faction on the map is completely wiped out there is a chance that one or more of the lords may join your player kingdom.  Because they are already a titled lord they have wealth and influence enough to raise an army on their own without being given a castle.
4)If at any point your kingdom loses a vassal's castle that vassal will be forced to disband their troops and rejoin your party within a week.

Lol i installed berserk and played it and everything semeed fine but when i tried to play other mods i get an error skell.bodies or somthing like that please help  :cry:

Sorry dude the new version won't have that problem.  I messed up on the install.  I'm going to upload a virgin form of the skeleton file for people who downloaded the previous one.  In the end you will need to have two data files and switch between them.  One for Berserk and one for everything else.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I0FJV0C1
This is the native data info.  I tested it on my system and it runs fine.  You to rename the overriting data back to BerserkData and rename this folder to Data.  That will enable you to play other mods by letting name the skeleton data file you want Data.

looking for the blue whales is really tedious, it would be a wee bit easier if i knew what colour their group is? are they green  or gray?

Green.  And they spawn near you.  So once you know you are near 750 just watch for a big green party spawning near you.

Might even be dead.  Although with their size they will take a couple parties down with them.  Ah well if you miss it you don't miss anything important storywise and you can always just play the battle as a quickbattle from the main menu.

Nope.  It doesn't really do anything important for the story the Doldrey quest will happen at 1000 renown regardless.  You will miss out on 150 renown for not doing the battle unfortunately.  Honestly it must have been bad luck that they didn't come after you.  What I will do is add a message so you know when they spawn in future versions.  Most people want to kick Adon's ass.

yeah  :grin:
also. you might wanna tweak the agressiveness the other kingdoms show. tudor is run over by purples, midland and the papal state... for some reason. thought the pope was neutral...

I have making factions hate each other down now(although it took me forever to figure out how).  But I don't have a script to trigger peace with certain factions right now.  Otherwise at the very least the Holy See and Alliance of Paneria wouldn't fight each other.  And once the Kushan become powerful I would trigger peace between Tudor and the Holy See as well.  I do have everyone declare war on the Kushan all at once when Griffith shows up though.

I seem to be having trouble saving. I did everything the mod needed for installation, but when I decide to save, it says, in this color:

Error: Can't save!!!
Game Saved

Shoot may have to do another upload.  Copy all files but the skeleton one from Native Data to the Data folder(which should be the one with the Berserk skeleton file).  I forgot all the other stuff in the Berserk folder as I was going to use it only for replacing the native skeleton file.  When it turned out I needed a full skeleton file just for berserk I forgot the extra files.  But they are unchanged from native so copying the native files in data(except the skeleton one should fix the problem)
Here are the berserkdata files.  Extract to mount&blade main folder.

Berserker Pride said:
Green.  And they spawn near you.  So once you know you are near 750 just watch for a big green party spawning near you.

Just thought I would mention this.  These guys got me while I was trying to siege a castle..... all 197 of them and me with only 50 in my party.  I actually thought they were a Tudor group from the green color, boy did I get surprised  :shock:

Gerhart said:
Berserker Pride said:

Just thought I would mention this.  These guys got me while I was trying to siege a castle..... all 197 of them and me with only 50 in my party.  I actually thought they were a Tudor group from the green color, boy did I get surprised  :shock:

Ouch that doesn't look pretty. I usually try to drag them into combat with a couple of Midland lords then jump in to help.  The funny thing is that picture would go really well with the text from your sig.
Lord of Emptil said:
i played it but when i went to the street brawl i couldn't delver and damage and i took no damage, have no idea wahts wrong
Lord of Emptil.  Download the last file on the downloads page that has Berserk Data.  Extract it to your main folder of mount&blade.  Thenn rename the existing Data folder NativeData.  Rename the new folder BerserkData to simply Data.  Remember that both these folders are in the main mount&blade folder with the mount&blade exe.  Ok once BerserkData is named Data run the game from the regular mount&blade.exe.  In order to play mods other than RotB you will have to rename the folder with the BerserkData back to BerserkData and the NativeData folder back to Data.  The game will run the information from the folder Data.

You do get a very brief window to save your game as a female character.  But you will quickly end up doing the 15 quickbattle campaign during which you can't save.

Back
Top Bottom