SP - General the AI should clear hideouts

Users who are viewing this thread

snuggans

Veteran
hideouts are great in the early game because there's few of them and the player has nothing more important to do. towards the late game hideouts are everywhere but the player is preoccupied with armies and sieges.

hideouts apply a -2 penalty to security of a fief, if the security gets too low then other factors start to suffer, such as food and loyalty. then you have a real problem, yet the player cannot possibly play the role of hideout janitor late into the game, especially if youre the faction leader. the AI does not seem to care, and i think they should, especially the clan who owns the fief.

please help the AI keep their fiefs and maintain them, its bad enough that they're voting for policies like Debasement of the Currency which accelerates rebellions, but then they're also ignoring hideouts?

Last edited:
Isn't there already a chance if they fix the bandit hideout quest types?
Or is that just the quest and not the hideout also. If so that is incredibly smoothbrain.

Isn't there already a chance if they fix the bandit hideout quest types?
Or is that just the quest and not the hideout also. If so that is incredibly smoothbrain.
I thought this too, NPCs do clear the quests out. I didn't ever stop to think if that actually clears the hideout or not, though. It should be a simple fix to make, if they don't.

I thought this too, NPCs do clear the quests out. I didn't ever stop to think if that actually clears the hideout or not, though. It should be a simple fix to make, if they don't.
Having thought about it i don't think clearing the quest does get rid of it. As i recall delegating a bandit hideout quest to a companion and not seeing the local hideout location disappear.

Back
Top Bottom