The 20th Maine Volunteer Infantry [UA][EU/NA][Recruiting!]

Users who are viewing this thread

The 20th Maine Volunteer Infantry!

maineinfantry20th.gif

Want to fight with the heroes of Little Round Top and Gettysburg? Want to be under the command of a man with a pipe? Want to have your own exclusive skin in North and South?

Well look no further than the 20th Maine!

Hello and welcome to our forum thread! We, the 20th Maine were formed in early April 2014 and have been going strong ever since. We have been a part of the Union Army since we formed. We are a friendly, not too serious regiment but do require maturity and the ability to follow orders. We don't judge our members on there age but on there maturity and actions. In the 20th Maine you can find a fun and exciting experience!

little-round-top-900L.jpg

History:

The 20th Maine Volunteer Infantry Regiment was a regiment of the United States Army during the American Civil War, most famous for its defense of Little Round Top at the Battle of Gettysburg, July 1863.

The 20th Maine was organized in the state of Maine and mustered into Federal service on August 29, 1862, with Col. Adelbert Ames as its commander. It was assigned to the Army of the Potomac in the 3rd Brigade, 1st Division, V Corps, where it would remain until mustered out on July 16, 1865. At the time the Twentieth joined the brigade it consisted of the 16th Michigan, the 12th, 17th, and 44th New York, 83rd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry regiments, and a Michigan company of sharpshooters.

Prior to their notable actions at Gettysburg, the regiment was held in reserve at Antietam, was among those forced to remain overnight within sight of the Confederate lines at Fredericksburg, forcing the regiment's Lt. Col. Joshua Chamberlain to shield himself with a dead man. The unit was unable to participate in the battle of Chancellorsville due to a quarantine prompted by a tainted smallpox vaccine that had been issued to the unit's soldiers. On May 20, 1863, Colonel Ames was promoted and was succeeded as colonel of the regiment by Joshua Chamberlain, who had been offered and declined leadership of the unit at the time it was formed.

The most notable battle was the regiment's decisive role on July 2, 1863, in the Battle of Gettysburg, where it was stationed on Little Round Top at the extreme left of the Union line. When the regiment came under heavy attack from the Confederate 15th and 47th Alabama regiments (part of the division led by Maj. Gen. John Bell Hood), the 20th Maine ran low on ammunition after one and a half hours of continuous fighting; it responded to the sight of rebel infantry forming again for yet another push at them by charging downhill with fixed bayonets, surprising and scattering the Confederates, thus ending the attack on the hill. The 20th Maine and the adjacent 83rd Pennsylvania together captured many men from the both Alabama regiments (including Lt. Col. Michael Bulger, commander of the 47th), as well as several other men of the 4th Alabama and 4th and 5th Texas regiments of the same division. Had the 20th Maine retreated from the hill, the entire Union line would have been flanked, and would have most likely lost the battle of Gettysburg, although there is much debate on the subject. Union morale and support for the war was wavering, due to many defeats. If the Union had lost the battle of Gettysburg the Confederate army could have possibly marched on to Washington D.C. and ended the war. The 20th Maine’s action in holding the hill has been credited with helping to turn the tide of the war.

It has been suggested that Lt. Holman S. Melcher initiated the charge, although Col. Chamberlain has been credited by most historians for ordering the desperate attack. This action is depicted in the novels The Killer Angels and Courage on Little Round Top, and was subsequently an important scene in the movie Gettysburg.

Events:

Friday - 9pm GMT - Union Army Event
Saturday - 9pm GMT - Union Army Event

(A short training is carried out 30 minutes before the event)​

Media:

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2xjbNRmdo

Screenshots:
IdToLzK.jpg

wdymc8w.jpg

Ranks:

Colonel
100px-Union_army_col_rank_insignia.jpg

Lieutenant Colonel
100px-Union_army_lt_col_rank_insignia.jpg

Major
100px-Union_army_maj_rank_insignia.jpg

Captain
100px-Union_army_cpt_rank_insignia.jpg

1st Lieutenant
100px-Union_army_1st_lt_rank_insignia.jpg

2nd Lieutenant
100px-Union_2nd_lt_rank_insignia.svg.png

Sergeant Major
koBge.png

Quarter Master Sergeant
s93GB3O.png

1st Sergeant
8o7ou.png

Sergeant
REYih.png

Corporal
Ow4Rk.png

Private First Class
agGxS.png

Private
suJEI.png

Volunteer
0f1EY.png

Roster:

Regimental Strength: 48

Officers: 4
NCOs: 8
Enlisted: 36

Officers:
Colonel E Spears
Lieutenant Colonel Dagon
Major BAM
Adjutant Chamberlain

NCOs / Other:
Fife Major Diddles
Quarter-Master Sergeant mattlad

1st Sergeant Pol Pot
Sergeant Austin

Corporal/Sapper Hjc
Corporal Tokkiio
Corporal RangerRex
Corporal Thor

Enlisted:
Private First Class Thomas Chamberlain
Private First Class Haytham
Private First Class Eyeofthetiger

Private Alester
Private Lavaz
Private Lew2004
Private Gromster
Private BennyZ
Private Nikos
Private Clueless
Private Mech
Private O'Shea
Private Savage
Private Jay
Private Arion
Private TBaggus
Private Tea
Private WIthcher
Private Hawkins
Private Darkdragonboy
Private Pizzaman

Recruit Ressult
Recruit Krister
Recruit Lorax Man

Volunteer Gunslinger
Volunteer dukeofcanada
Volunteer Brave Sir Charge
Volunteer FastMoverCZ
Volunteer Fumbo
Volunteer Chacob
Volunteer dave
Volunteer Mofonik
Volunteer Cobra
Volunteer MrToast
Volunteer Mojo
Volunteer Grim
Volunteer MagicOzzy

Rules:

Follow all orders given to you by the CO
Don't insult other players/regiments
Don't Team-kill in any event, live or not
Respect the Officers/NCOs
Have fun!  :smile:

Roll of Honour:

Army Marksman 2nd Class: Corporal Tokkiio​

Contacts:

Colonel Ellis Spears: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrotherPadre/
Lieutenant Colonel Dagon: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062928666/​

Thank you for reading through all the above, if you would like to join please fill in and post the application form below.

Steam name:
Previous regiment experience:
Do you agree too the rules?:
Why would you like to join?:​

See you on the battlefield!

riding2.JPG

Steam name:Gunslinger1127
Previous regiment experience:None q.q but I know how to chamber and stuff taught myself have over 700 hours of gameplay
Do you agree too the rules?:Yes
Why would you like to join?:I want to join cause I think my skills can be useful to your reg, I find shooting boring and always prefer melee or cav. I dont have a mic as of yet but I will get  one if its a must. Thanks for looking at my request.

Gunslinger1127 said:
Steam name:Gunslinger1127
Previous regiment experience:None q.q but I know how to chamber and stuff taught myself have over 700 hours of gameplay
Do you agree too the rules?:Yes
Why would you like to join?:I want to join cause I think my skills can be useful to your reg, I find shooting boring and always prefer melee or cav. I dont have a mic as of yet but I will get  one if its a must. Thanks for looking at my request.

Accepted!

Joeh said:
Steam name:WORLDSTAR...HOT 97!!!
Previous regiment experience: I have been in multiple NW clans I wanted to switch it up a bit.
Do you agree too the rules?: Yes
Why would you like to join?:I heard there was free beer and cool events.

Accepted with a pint of Lager!

Steam name: jnepo (if i dont pop up then jnepo03, for some reason steam says jnepo03 sometimes)
Previous regiment experience:None, watched a lot of videos.
Do you agree too the rules?: Yes!
Why would you like to join?: Yes!

Steam Name: quicksilver053
Previous experience: None
Do you agree with the rules?: Yes
Why would you like to join?: I watched videos of this mod and it looks cool.

Steam name: Two and a Half Roses
Previous regiment experience: Yes, I have had some previous regiment experience.
Do you agree too the rules?:Yes, I agree to the rules
Why would you like to join?: I would like to join because I prefer a much more rigid structure to this game, instead from people running around everywhere without any leadership. And of course  some fun  :shifty:

Steam name: AloeSnackbar
Previous regiment experience: none
Do you agree too the rules?: Absolutely
Why would you like to join?: Looking for a place to start out with Line Battles, across all mods. Why not start somewhere with good structure?

Steam Name: ItalianSalami
Previous regiment experience: 32nd NW Regiment, we did a couple of north and south events also
Do you agree to the rules?: Yes
Why would you like to join?: I very much enjoyed the line battle events that I participated in, been wanting to join another regiment for quite sometime

Back
Top Bottom