The 2016 Demo was better than the current game

Users who are viewing this thread

We don't know yet. In any case I have newer bothered to learn 90% of the personalities of the lords in the Warband anyway because they did basically nothing. All I ever needed to know was the thing about the "dog" in the capture dialogue. So this is certainly not a detail I am going to miss if it will be missing.

Of course if devs manage to make personalities actually do something meaningful and matter in the game mechanic, I would only welcome that.

Yes you could. But only if you have bothered to go to Wiki and learn what answer or reactions belongs to what character type. And because it did not really mater in the grander scheme of things, I really newer bothered. As I said, the only time I wanted to know it was when I had to decide if to release captured lord or not for the +relations. And once I have learned that dishonorable ones always use word dog, that was all I needed to know about whole personality thing.
It did matter from a roleplaying perspective. The way a lord treats you depends on how you will treat him and so on. Lords who were dishonorable would often leave while on campaign, or would leave your kingdom.

You could gain or lose relations with a lord depending his personality and certain things you did, like if you help his village and he is a dishonorable lord you would lose relation.

While not exactly amazing this system could be expanded upon especially with the current traits in bannerlord.

That's crazy. I 100% prefer the visuals of 2016 to 2021, even using reshade won't make it look that good. Most of the UI is better in 2016but some were definitely placeholders. It feels like they just put a grey layer with opacity at like 15% on top of everything in 2021. Not to mention inf just fall apart in 2021 after 3 hits and they don't react to being hit in the back and everyone is just in a cluster that doesn't break apart or do anything. Literally just banging action figures together at this point.

In my book, this is the very definition of overpolishing. They had a gem, now they've ground it to a pebble.

In my view, the only way to be sure of all the aspects criticized, would be to play the 2016 build and then the current build.
There are many things we could get wrong by a video gameplay, especially one that were meant to create hype.
I do not disagree with all those points though.
The game is not finished yet, so we'll see.

Also:
You guys are forgetting the gang mechanics which they've now said they aren't sure will even be implemented...
They've really said that? :cry:
@Rungsted93 do you remember the source?

Duh_TaleWorlds

Developer​

five bucks said:
* Crime and Gang system: Taking over gang hideouts and installing your own operation there, bribery (added for breakouts in 1.5.9), smuggling contraband, crime rating penalties by faction, undermining local nobility, etc.
"The crime system largely works as described (crime rating tracking and penalties per faction), there are quests that use criminal activities like smuggling and alleys continue to be discussed. I am not sure what you are referencing by undermining local nobility but if it concerns same-faction combat encounters, then I don't think that that will be coming."

In my view, the only way to be sure of all the aspects criticized, would be to play the 2016 build and then the current build.
There are many things we could get wrong by a video gameplay, especially one that were meant to create hype.
I do not disagree with all those points though.
The game is not finished yet, so we'll see.

Also:

They've really said that? :cry:
@Rungsted93 do you remember the source?
See the following:

Their employees don't even know what they lied about. He sees the current system as done? Its practically non existent. And that's ignoring the fact that you cant take over hideouts or undermine the nobility.

It's like he thinks the quest for" rival gang moving in" is what we were promised. lol

Let's not forget that relations itself barely matters. All you have to do is park a companion in a town and let the relation build for you!

It did matter from a roleplaying perspective. The way a lord treats you depends on how you will treat him and so on. Lords who were dishonorable would often leave while on campaign, or would leave your kingdom.

You could gain or lose relations with a lord depending his personality and certain things you did, like if you help his village and he is a dishonorable lord you would lose relation.

While not exactly amazing this system could be expanded upon especially with the current traits in bannerlord.

Lords were leaving on campaign based on their relation to you not their character. Character mattered only in AI led armies and decision of lords join or not join the marshal when he made a call. Player could simply ride to the lord and tell him to follow.

When you were helping village, you were helping them for relations with the village, not the lord. So at the end you helped no matter what was the personality of the lord because helping was the main way to gain relations with villages and just swallowed the relation hit with lord if he was dishonorable. Or you just avoided to talk with him since talking was the trigger. For relations with lords, there were other ways that did not depend on their personality.

In theory it should have mattered when recruiting lords. In practice switching between reasoning would eventually made you untrustworthy so you just picked one line of reasoning and stayed with it no matter what the personality of the lord was.

Personality was interesting mechanics ...that kind of did not really matter at the end. You could take the effort to learn personality of the lords for roleplaying reasons, yes, but you could also completely ignore it without actually missing much.

As for Bannerlord, my impression is again, that devs don't really know what to do with it and don't have a clear concept what it should do in the game. Which is probably the reason why it's basically turned off right now. But I might be mistaken. My opinion is that it either should do something meaningful, easy to understand and clear, or it shouldn't be in the game. If player needs to dig through Wikipedia and learn what response corresponds to what character and what that does so that he can do informed decision instead of hit and miss with buttons, that's a sign of badly designed feature.

Last edited:
See the following:

we were (at least i was) referring to the source saying "they arent sure will be implemented". since "there are quests that use criminal activities like smuggling and alleys continue to be discussed. "- seems to me quite positive on the possibility of implementation

we were (at least i was) referring to the source saying "they arent sure will be implemented". since "there are quests that use criminal activities like smuggling and alleys continue to be discussed. "- seems to me quite positive on the possibility of implementation
Yeah, i was referring to this as well

That's crazy. I 100% prefer the visuals of 2016 to 2021, even using reshade won't make it look that good. Most of the UI is better in 2016but some were definitely placeholders. It feels like they just put a grey layer with opacity at like 15% on top of everything in 2021. Not to mention inf just fall apart in 2021 after 3 hits and they don't react to being hit in the back and everyone is just in a cluster that doesn't break apart or do anything. Literally just banging action figures together at this point.

In my book, this is the very definition of overpolishing. They had a gem, now they've ground it to a pebble.
I agree with every single word you said.

Back
Top Bottom