In Progress The 2 most game breaking features in the game (new player)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

gosu

Recruit
Hi all,

new player here. Having a lot of fun! I'm on my 3th campaign right now, first 2 were just to get the hang of things.

I don't know if this was already mentioned or not, most probably yes, because the features I'm going to mention are game breaking as hell.

1) Selling Old Horses from villagers

Discovered this on my 2nd campaign:

Every single villager that comes out of a town sells his Old Horses for extremely cheap and then you can butcher > sell on town their meat and hides for a LOT of money. I believe I was on my 30th(?) day in-game and had more than 75k.

You can literally start a campaign, don't recruit anyone to not pay any wages and not spend any food and you can go from town to town just:

i) doing the town tournament
ii) buying old horses from all villagers and selling the meat and hides

This made me quit and start over the campaign again for being too easy.

This strategy will make any player rich in no time. I believe this is not intended by devs and I hope it gets fixed.

Suggestion: I really like the Old Horses feature, it's realistic but I would suggest limiting the amount of villagers that sell their horses. This should be a thing that happens not frequently but rarely because it's just easy money with no effort. Like every 10 villagers, 2 sell horses?

2) Crafting and Selling Javelins

My 3th campaign: I'm just gathering some troops still roaming around the map and learning the game, making some money before joining a faction (75k after ~250 days - not exploiting the old horses, just tournaments + selling loot from fights + smithing two handed swords for 1k-3k denars). Everything feels like I'm actually progressing in game (not slowly or faster, just the right amount) when I tried to craft a javelin with 1 hardwood and 2 steel pieces total. Got like 20 unlocks on smithing, maybe 20 levels of smithing and it's worth 125k on the market. I can literally craft 30 more of these right now and have infinite money. I just threw away my javelin because I really don't feel the game will become fun after this.

I hope these will get addressed soon. Keep up the good work :smile:

Hi all,

new player here. Having a lot of fun! I'm on my 3th campaign right now, first 2 were just to get the hang of things.

I don't know if this was already mentioned or not, most probably yes, because the features I'm going to mention are game breaking as hell.

1) Selling Old Horses from villagers

Discovered this on my 2nd campaign:

Every single villager that comes out of a town sells his Old Horses for extremely cheap and then you can butcher > sell on town their meat and hides for a LOT of money. I believe I was on my 30th(?) day in-game and had more than 75k.

You can literally start a campaign, don't recruit anyone to not pay any wages and not spend any food and you can go from town to town just:

i) doing the town tournament
ii) buying old horses from all villagers and selling the meat and hides

This made me quit and start over the campaign again for being too easy.

This strategy will make any player rich in no time. I believe this is not intended by devs and I hope it gets fixed.

Suggestion: I really like the Old Horses feature, it's realistic but I would suggest limiting the amount of villagers that sell their horses. This should be a thing that happens not frequently but rarely because it's just easy money with no effort. Like every 10 villagers, 2 sell horses?

2) Crafting and Selling Javelins

My 3th campaign: I'm just gathering some troops still roaming around the map and learning the game, making some money before joining a faction (75k after ~250 days - not exploiting the old horses, just tournaments + selling loot from fights + smithing two handed swords for 1k-3k denars). Everything feels like I'm actually progressing in game (not slowly or faster, just the right amount) when I tried to craft a javelin with 1 hardwood and 2 steel pieces total. Got like 20 unlocks on smithing, maybe 20 levels of smithing and it's worth 125k on the market. I can literally craft 30 more of these right now and have infinite money. I just threw away my javelin because I really don't feel the game will become fun after this.

I hope these will get addressed soon. Keep up the good work :smile:
horses has been patched already and should not give hides, just meat. They are working on getting those prices down for crafted items in the future

Back
Top Bottom