The 2 greatest teams from NA/EU square off; Unknown vs. Risen Manifest where mechanic use collides for the first 2020 cross-continent champion! Fun!

Unknown proved "Kick-throw" is obsolete; does it still need a nerf?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
North America; a land with a much smaller yet vocal player-base than the oft ignored continent of Europe. Throughout the history of Warband, many believed that the supremacy of European players and clans were absolute. After all, with a much larger talent pool to draw from, it is statistically more likely for a greater number of inherently skilled players to emerge in their region. However, against all odds and doubts, the valiant underdog in the form of clan "Unknown" was able to triumph over the impossible obstacle presented by "Risen Manifest"!

This is in contradiction to many thinking that "Risen Manifest" would be a shoe-in due to their impeccable Bannerlord record as touted on their clan page by their displayed clan match history
mJT0ANm.png
, and also by their motto:
Risen Manifest
We are united, We are undefeated. We are Risen Manifest .

This motto and show of supreme confidence also harkens to the motto of one of the most deadly and esteemed clans in North America:
The VK takes great pride in its #1 Skirmish team which is currently undefeated in the NA scene.

Although the "Knights of Vlandia" were absent as a clan for the NABB tournament, an unexpected heir to the title of "Best North American Clan" quickly emerged after the first few matchups during the early hectic weeks of the NABB tournament. Unknown proved that they were indeed the best after several victories against the other playoff-favorite teams in the past three consecutive weeks. On the horizon however, a thunderhead lurked.

Risen Manifest; a team which many thought would stand no chance due to their european connectivity issues, demonstrated that their marginally increased ping had no impact on their in-game performance. They proceeded to run through three very difficult NA-based teams with the scores of 6-1, 6-0, and 6-0, the only round they dropped throughout their games being conceded in an understandable manner when considering the immense talent base of the clan they played in that game: Golden Kingdom.

In ardent anticipation, the entire ancillary viewer-base of the NABB tournament affixed their eyes to witness the clash of the undefeated titans: Unknown vs. Risen Manifest in the fourth week of the tournament.

This bout held more significance than just a tournament match between two teams, it also served as the first showcasing of a super high meta-level style of play for Bannerlord. In addition to this, it was a clash to see which region can demonstrably produce the most high-level Bannerlord players; North America vs Europe.

Before this high level tournament match, individuals speculating on the forums believed that the highest form of technical ability for infantry in the current state of the game was to use the intentional mechanic dubbed: "kick-slashing" and "kick-throwing/pila-ing". Risen Manifest and other European teams have used this mechanic to great success in their prior tournament matches.

However, only the infantry on the team of "Unknown" have risen to the level where the "kick-slashing/throwing" mechanic has become obsolete on their level, as the obvious and unfathomably large weaknesses of this mechanical method become clear.

To demonstrate that the true "meta" of Bannerlord infantry is to be a slow-moving, non-kicking, tanky powerhouse, the bold and renowned leader "Chowski" made a strong declaration before their much anticipated match with RM.

"We at Unknown do not use the dishonorable mechanic formerly known as 'kick-slash or kick-pila'" -Chowski 2020

In their match Risen Manifest's kicks would seem to effortlessly bounce off the infantry of Unknown, to little effect.

Their match with Risen Manifest would have an accompanying story which is akin to the mythology of some long-dead group of valiant heroes.

In a completely even battlefield where the only factor for victory was skill level vs skill level; Unknown would go on to dominate Risen Manifest, with a quick 6-0 game showing.
(Match here embed may be messing up Skip to 21:00 if link not already in time position)

Good games and good spirits to both teams!

7kSUk1h.png

Edit: I have learned if you click the twitch text in the bottom right corner of the broken embed it takes you to the stream playback.

Last edited:
Only bad players get kicked!!!

Edit: seeing as how kicks are hard to hit on good players, I propose the effect of kicks looks more like this in the next update
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Who are you exactly?

Oh, me...? I'm just overlord of all bannerlord, reincarnate of sword and shield them self, i was forged in the fires by non other than mighty thor himself, to rule over bannerlord as the one true king.

I also teach lessons if you're interested. Here's the link.

Oh, me...? I'm just overlord of all bannerlord, reincarnate of sword and shield them self, i was forged in the fires by non other than mighty thor himself, to rule over bannerlord as the one true king.

I also teach lessons if you're interested. Here's the link.

120 ping that RM members had vs Unknown is "marginaly increased" ping? Hopefully the match was played once on both EU and NA, otherwise the ping discrepancy takes all legitimacy away, nice try tho, even in these dire times for Bannerlord

120 ping that RM members had vs Unknown is "marginaly increased" ping?
As the servers are based out of New York, many NA players have a ping which is higher than what they were used to with central-based servers in Chicago. Many players from the United Kingdom and the western coasts of Europe actually have better ping than most NA players who are west of Texas.

Hancock, the key archer player for Unknown, suffers from debilitating 5-10% packet loss in certain spurts, and also experiences ping jumps known as "jitter". A stable 120 ping is very easy to play to one's full ability yet an unstable ping which jumps from 70-170 is very difficult to perform on.

I myself, am in the midst of experiencing a region-wide bandwidth saturation due to increased internet traffic flow due to increasing work-at-home net traffic. This is a problem that affects many other individuals in NA and presents itself in the form of random packet loss, and random ping spikes. This type of problem is unavoidable because it is solely due to COVID-19 and the poor preparation of NA ISP's.

Considering this variety of unfortunate NA ping-related circumstances, along with the consistent performance of Risen Manifest in prior matches, I came to the conclusion that internet connectivity was not much a factor in determining the final results of this match, and thus I only briefly mention this in my recollection of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom