The 2 greatest duelists in NA square off; Narmin vs. Forsaken where styles collide for the winner of the first 2020 tournament! Incredible matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread

As you can see from the video posted by WOLFIGEST he was indeed trying. Although I am not sure why you are even commenting about it because I am genuinely better than you.

QmjlrtB.png

It feels like medium to fastest some times, with how random swings can go mach 5 out of no where.

To piggyback off of what Fred asked, I dont think Bannerlord actually has combat speeds. The only thing we know about combat speed is that every class has a 1handed and a 2handed skill of 50 (this was posted ?????somewhere????? but I cant find it right now.) Considering that 50 is quite low on singleplayers 0-200 scale, this is probably why many people feel that the combat is on slowest. Compared to any single player character that is decently leveled, you will absolutely be swinging slower in multiplayer.

This is probably a good thing until they fix block delay because faster swings would most likely magnify the issue. WITH THAT SAID, I am very curious if swing speed also affects block speed. What if the solution to block delay is just bumping the one handed skill from 50 to 125 and nobody at Taleworlds has bothered to try that?

To piggyback off of what Fred asked, I dont think Bannerlord actually has combat speeds. The only thing we know about combat speed is that every class has a 1handed and a 2handed skill of 50 (this was posted ?????somewhere????? but I cant find it right now.) Considering that 50 is quite low on singleplayers 0-200 scale, this is probably why many people feel that the combat is on slowest. Compared to any single player character that is decently leveled, you will absolutely be swinging slower in multiplayer.

This is probably a good thing until they fix block delay because faster swings would most likely magnify the issue. WITH THAT SAID, I am very curious if swing speed also affects block speed. What if the solution to block delay is just bumping the one handed skill from 50 to 125 and nobody at Taleworlds has bothered to try that?

I think you’re on to something. I’ve been wondering the same thing. The main issues I’ve been having with blocking is accidentally dropping guard or inputting the wrong direction so it’s been hard for me to isolate the effect of say blocking right vs left after interrupting a right stance left swing for instance. Like if I’m thinking that much about it already is the difference in block speeds really that big or is it negligible?

I saw something on YouTube explaining that the higher skill, the higher the ratio between “balanced” and “unbalanced” animations and how skill level and weapon handling contribute directly to this. The more balanced an attack, the more damage is dealt, not necessarily a faster swing speed. I’ve noticed that ai can switch attack directions faster the higher their skill level so I think bumping up the skill level might indeed make changing block direction quicker.

There are actually a lot of variables at play in order to balance attack and block speeds. Makes sense why they would need classes with preset weapons to keep them somewhat constant.

Interesting that forsaken would say the combat speed felt medium to fast. The change in attack direction is hard to keep up with as it is, I can’t imagine it being faster.

Last edited:
Kind of sad for you to say that after you told me our ft7 (7-0 for me) on warband didn't matter because it wasn't official :smile:.
You sound like shin so I suggest you stop before becoming the new forum clown ^^. Casual ft7 do not matter. Only ft7 with stakes matter.
I have no concern for your opinion, my existence does not depend on how people view me on some forum. Every first to seven has stakes, there is not any greater pleasure than knowing that you are superior to someone. I can demonstrate that to you if you would like on NA Duel.

I have no concern for your opinion, my existence does not depend on how people view me on some forum. Every first to seven has stakes, there is not any greater pleasure than knowing that you are superior to someone. I can demonstrate that to you if you would like on NA Duel.
I will ft7 you when bannerlord combat is fixed. I have no interest in playing this game atm

As an expert in the art of the feint I can categorically state that what they were doing was not feinting.

Those are feints, what the Americans were doing wasn't really a feint as it was literally just switching attack direction without making a feint(also it's only on youtube to avoid issues with file size), the point being made is that I don't think their version of feints is very effective.

Last edited:
Those are feints, what the Americans were doing wasn't really a feint as it was literally just switching attack direction without making a feint(also it's only on youtube to avoid issues with file size), the point being made is that I don't think their version of feints is very effective.

What you're doing is a swing feint, it looks alot more like an actual attack but leaves you vulnerable during the brief recovery period and the actual swing feint. What they're doing is called a switch feint, it relies on the speed of the switches to confuse the opponent rather than convincing them an attack has already occured so that they release their block.

Switch feinting is as fast as manual blocking in Bannerlord, that's why they're switch feinting not swing feinting. Swing feints are alot more convincing of an attack but also take 3-4 times longer to execute, thus give your opponent plenty of time to think of an counter or spot an opportunity. It's hardly unsurprising at top-levels swing feints are less effective as their predictability is rather high based on player movement and positioning.

I see, thanks. I was confused because only my swing feints seem to work against highly skilled players.

Last edited:
I see, thanks. I was confused because only my swing feints seem to work against highly skilled players.

Don't get me wrong, swing feints are a valueable tool, they're fantastic when unexpected. The best players will still fall for them.

It's just when there's pressure of a tournament victory, the knowledge of a highly skilled opponent and the current mechanical state of Bannerlord. The safer option is generally to switch feint, allowing yourself a greater reaction time if needed, and potentially more options if not.

Swing feints will serve you will, even at the highest levels. But a safe switch feint combo isn't going to hurt and can throw off your opponents rhythm.

Back
Top Bottom