The 2 greatest duelists in NA square off; Narmin vs. Forsaken where styles collide for the winner of the first 2020 tournament! Incredible matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread

In addition to making the hitboxes as perfect as they can be, I was hoping they'd make aesthetic changes to combat animation, so that it would look sleeker and more presentable, while retaining the combat's intensity and unimpeded freedom of interaction. Instead, duels in Bannerlord look no less "derpy" and puppet-like, and the mechanical changes to combat (i.e. not just aesthetic) make the speed of it look much less intense. There's also something about the attacking and blocking that doesn't look or sound as impactful, like they're fighting with matchsticks.

I see. Nice “derpy” is actually the best way to describe the fighting I see.

I’m actually really impressed with the system they have but a few of the parameters they have set just makes all of it awkward. Everyone is a world-class contortionist and the physics has lots of holes.

Chambering should be one of easiest things to do actually. A swinging blade should stop another, regardless of rmb or lmb.

In real life, if someone is twisting their body up and wrapping their arms around their head to try and fool me with the direction their blade is coming from, I’d have run them through before their second step landed. This is probably the most annoying thing about melee on foot in warband. /wahwah

Melee on cav is so well done (except the gravity defying super-equine jumps our apparently jacked steeds can pull off at low speeds). They need to really tweak their physics, some parts are extremely poorly done.

Last edited:
random ft7s have no value other than clout, meatmasher8372 can beat tobi, peter, gibby and etc in a rando ft7 but if he cant do it in a tournament then what merit does it have lol
A first to seven determines skill, if anything the pressure of the tournament would affect the results which is why I was defeated due to the overwhelming anxiety I had. In my duel with Narmin we were both relaxed and I defeated him because there were no distractions or stakes. I do not think it is fair that I have been over sighted because I wasn't in the finals even though I defeated the champion of the tournament which is why I posted in the first place.

A first to seven determines skill, if anything the pressure of the tournament would affect the results which is why I was defeated due to the overwhelming anxiety I had. In my duel with Narmin we were both relaxed and I defeated him because there were no distractions or stakes. I do not think it is fair that I have been over sighted because I wasn't in the finals even though I defeated the champion of the tournament which is why I posted in the first place.

I commend you. I don’t think any less of your skill that you lost in a tournament.

This is awesome stuff thanks for recording and sharing. Is it possible to switch povs between players? I like the spectator view but I’d also like to see the player’s pov sometimes. I didn’t really get everything until I watched narmin’s pov a few times. Was there a way in warband to record a session so that you could load up a recording afterwards?

Top hit for warband duel returns this:

The animations look jerky to me and I couldn’t tell something was blocked without a sound. Bannerlord’s animations are smoother so it’s easier to follow what happened. What is it exactly that looks broken? It’s hard for me to see but I saw a few hits where it didn’t look like the blade came anywhere near a hitbox but a hit still registered. Did I see wrong or is this what it is?

Yes. I have 70 ping and I can’t tell you how many times I get the correct block loaded in and wait but then I see a hit register on my screen. I think I’m slow for sure but going into eu or oc server it’s literally impossible to play. Players with 20 ping or so are beyond challenging.

Just a small thing, I'm pretty sure those duels were played on LAN with 0 ping which really bugs ur camera in Warband.

duels in Bannerlord look no less "derpy" and puppet-like, and the mechanical changes to combat (i.e. not just aesthetic) make the speed of it look much less intense. There's also something about the attacking and blocking that doesn't look or sound as impactful, like they're fighting with matchsticks.

I relate to this on another level. The combat is exactly "Derpy" if that is a proper term.
Your upper body is technically locked and unlike Warband, the small movements you do with your mouse don't register in the game. I learned that the hard way when I saw what my character looks like in the tournament.
TaleWorlds really need to get their s**t together and listen to the community.

duckie I told you I don’t really take friendly pub ft7 seriously, I’d probably lose to a lot of other solid players Unless there’s some sort of stake, I DOUBT you can beat me in tournaments.

Also no one has over looked you, you’ve came a long way from being a doc on pw to an actually solid player on cRPG.
I commend you for that as well +1

Last edited:
Nice work on both ends, could have seen that going either way. I'd be curious to hear what the two duelers think of combat speed, not that we have any info ( I think) on it yet from TW. I think I heard somewhere that it is on slowest but thats probably wrong.

I relate to this on another level. The combat is exactly "Derpy" if that is a proper term.
Your upper body is technically locked and unlike Warband, the small movements you do with your mouse don't register in the game. I learned that the hard way when I saw what my character looks like in the tournament.

duckie I told you I don’t really take friendly pub ft7 seriously, I’d probably lose to a lot of other solid players Unless there’s some sort of stake, I DOUBT you can beat me in tournaments.

Also no one has over looked you, you’ve came a long way from being a doc on pw to an actually solid player on cRPG.
Thats probably the reason that a few players do no friendly ft7 because you will get snitched on with the results later. Hilarious that ducky is seriously pissed :grin: "over sighted " xD give this man some attention!

Thats probably the reason that a few players do no friendly ft7 because you will get snitched on with the results later. Hilarious that ducky is seriously pissed :grin: "over sighted " xD give this man some attention!

<3 @Duckie Tinadel

+1 Congratulations on your win. Very cool style those chained spinning attacks are deadly.

yeah this is one thing i hate about pub dueling lol. people like to assume you are always trying hard on duel and when they kill you they genuinely think they're better

yeah this is one thing i hate about pub dueling lol. people like to assume you are always trying hard on duel and when they kill you they genuinely think they're better

As you can see from the video posted by WOLFIGEST he was indeed trying. Although I am not sure why you are even commenting about it because I am genuinely better than you.

As you can see from the video posted by WOLFIGEST he was indeed trying. Although I am not sure why you are even commenting about it because I am genuinely better than you.

Kind of sad for you to say that after you told me our ft7 (7-0 for me) on warband didn't matter because it wasn't official :smile:.
You sound like shin so I suggest you stop before becoming the new forum clown ^^. Casual ft7 do not matter. Only ft7 with stakes matter.

lol not everything is about you, i was talking in general. you are better than me in dueling in bannerlord but i also dont play that game at all so that is not exactly a big achievement... its kind of embarassing for you to have an ego when after thousands of hours in warband u were **** but now you are okay in a game no one plays congrats

What's with people flaying their sausage around who is better on a **** combat system.
Warband has a unique community which calls back to the simpler time it was based on; individuals are filled with a pride as if they were the king in their own personal kingdom. The ego(s) in this game eclipse almost all competitive games because there are clear skill differentials. For example, a high level CoD player can easily be killed by a single sniper bullet from a complete beginner, whereas in melee duels in warband, a noob player has barely any chance against a reasonably veteran player... This being said, everyone knows that the greatest sleeper duelist is myself, as I am completely modest and non-exaggeratory about my immense dueling ability, and I was a shoe-in for the tournament if not for sabotage by the eternal squirrel. Upon my inevitable ascension as King of Bannerlord, and ruler of all the bladers, I shall be instituting prima nocta.

Thanks for all the kind words, but yeah.. **** game... Block delay is garbage, really difficult to deal with..

Nice work on both ends, could have seen that going either way. I'd be curious to hear what the two duelers think of combat speed, not that we have any info ( I think) on it yet from TW. I think I heard somewhere that it is on slowest but thats probably wrong.

It feels like medium to fastest some times, with how random swings can go mach 5 out of no where.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narmin played good, I personally feel like if he fought with his 2h style i would of won, the 1h threw me off quite a bit, but a really good dueler IMO.

Back
Top Bottom