The 2 greatest duelists in NA square off; Narmin vs. Forsaken where styles collide for the winner of the first 2020 tournament! Incredible matchup.

CANTON

Veteran
Best answers
0
Thanks for the great recording, man. Glad you captured the Bannerlord hooligans getting rowdy after the fight.
 

Younes123

Master Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
Just shows how two handers are so terrible, that even now duels consistent of one handed swords.
 

Alyss

Master Knight
Best answers
0
Where are the people who were trying to convince me that Bannerlord had less glitched animations than Warband ? xD

On a more serious note, I didn’t get a particular hype in the fighting itself because it’s ugly to watch and doesn’t make sense compared to Warband duelling but it was fun to watch nonetheless because it was close.
 

RCC_God

Squire
Best answers
0
Honestly kinda gross to watch. I’m glad it was good tho! Both players where super skilled
 

Maroon

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
0
Not at all saying that Bannerlord's combat is fine, but... when is the last time you guys took a good look at top level duel video's from Warband? Because that stuff looks broken as all hell from an outsider's point of view as well.
 

Younes123

Master Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
Not at all saying that Bannerlord's combat is fine, but... when is the last time you guys took a good look at top level duel video's from Warband? Because that stuff looks broken as all hell from an outsider's point of view as well.
Look at the top 1% of any videogames and it will be insane. The gap between the best 1% and the rest is huge in warband but it didn't prevent people from getting into the game since the game is dominated by the rest of the 99%
 

Alyss

Master Knight
Best answers
0
Not at all saying that Bannerlord's combat is fine, but... when is the last time you guys took a good look at top level duel video's from Warband? Because that stuff looks broken as all hell from an outsider's point of view as well.
The difference here is that it looks broken as hell from an insider point of view.
 

RCC_God

Squire
Best answers
0
Honestly to me warband was less spinny and the animations felt more easily telegraphed. I also think that people played a lot more conservatively in high level tournaments than you may think which meant it was easy to tell what was going on
 

Aprikosenmann

Regular
Best answers
0
You can block EVERY feints on warband with up to 140 ping. Tell me it's true for bannerlord. It's already impossible to block all feints with 90 ping
Reason for that is block delay. Not the animations that "insiders" cannot understand.

in warband feints did not win duels at a high level. Hell I would say they had a purpose, but it wasn’t as a killing tool 90% of the tike
Funny thing is, in EU we do not feint like this because it is considered to be worse than late feints. Our duels look like a joke compared to what they are doing. It feels like they made a gentlemans agreement to always facehug but never kick.
 
Last edited:

RCC_God

Squire
Best answers
0
Yeah just personal preference, I hate bannerlord animations. Really euro was a small subset of player and definitely not as bad as it looked