The 1257 AD Index

Users who are viewing this thread

buglepong said:
how to shield bash?  I tried right click + left click with shield nothing happens

1. Where did you try? >> Try in the battlefield (not arena)

2. Did you change your mouse key configuration? >> If not, these are the keys: press and hold RIGHT mouse button for about a second, press the LEFT mouse button and hold ALMOST AT THE SAME TIME release the RIGHT button. They should be pressed together about 0.2 seconds or so.

Here (link) is the YouTube video my char doing it, he has a natural acting skill don't know if it's visible in such a short video [he normally needs 30 seconds+ to get into shape]

Diplomacy & 1257 AD
This keeps coming up every few days, so below is the information about Diplomacy & 1257 AD.
Any questions/comments post here rather than opening a new Diplomacy thread (yet again).

What it is
Diplomacy is an excellent OSP (open source project) that can be integrated into vanilla Warband and/or any mods.
It provides (as the name hints) additional 'diplomacy' options as well as additional 'information' (report) screens and so on.

See It In Action
There is a YouTube in-game video showing some of the features. link

More Information on Diplomacy
Here is the official page for Diplomacy mod which lists Features, Credits etc.

1257 AD & Diplomacy: Current Integration
As of this writing [16/10/2011], 1257 AD is in revision 57 and there is an UNKNOWN VERSION (but definitely an older) of Diplomacy already integrated into the game. [currently integrated version will be updated in this post when this information becomes known to me]

1257 AD & Diplomacy: Future Integration Plans (or there lack of)
Developer DrTomas said (link) that he will NOT be updating/upgrading the Diplomacy code integrated into this game.
Personally I wish Diplomacy in 1257 AD upgraded to the latest version (more features and stuff) but I do keep requesting an integrated-Diplomacy upgrade because I am aware that it is an EXTREMELY time consuming task.

I am talking about someone dedicating MONTHS of their (real) life just for the update which would make us 'happier'.

So, before requesting an update from 1257 AD developers (again)
which they clarified won't happen
please have a read this post (link)
from one of Floris developers and have an idea on the HUGE task you will be requesting (yet again).

Hope this clarifies a bit...

KNOWN ISSUE: Diplomacy add-on function "I wish to exchange a prisoner" does not work.

Details
Observed on rev57

PREREQUISITES
[list type=decimal]
[*]Your (Player's own) Faction is at war.
[*]At least one of your vassals is the prisoner of an enemy faction.
[*]In your dungeon you have at least one enemy vassal as your prisoner.
[/list]

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
[list type=decimal]
[*]Talk to your 'Chief Minister'
[*]Select "As you are my chief minister, I wish to speak to about affairs of state
[*]Select "I wish to exchange a prisoner"
[*]Choose the PoW you have (the one that will be exchanged for your vassal)
[*]Chief Minister will say "Which of our lords do you like to you want to set free?"
[*]PlayerChar will automatically say "Nobody."
[/list]

Hey I'm making a kind of a machinima game movie using mount and blade warband.

I just wanted to know right quick, who would I ask about getting permission to use the mod as the main module for the video footage and who do I give credit to in the end credits with the creation of the mod if I'm given permission. A speedy reply would be much appreciated. :smile:

SithDuelist45 said:
I just wanted to know right quick, who would I ask about getting permission to use the mod as the main module for the video footage and who do I give credit to in the end credits with the creation of the mod if I'm given permission.

I *believe* you can use without any restrictions. Should you mention this mod and provide forum link it is a good PR opportunity for the mod, not that it is commercial but more people use/contribute the better.

For 100% authoritative answer check with one of the mods: DrTomas or othr.

Hi Dr. Thomas,

I like the new economic model you are thinking about  -  I think it is quite necessary to have a more realistic model. Now I have one question: Is it possible to integrate the producton of weapons, armours and horses into that model? I have various ideas about that:

maybe having cheap iron in a city results in having many cheap weapons and armours.

there may be cities where horses are cheap, and others where they are auite expensive.

The price of weapons should differ from city to city - so if a city is at war, weapons, armour and horses should be more expensive.

Another interesting option would be to allow the player to have custom weapons forged bay a blacksmith. If I want a certain armour or weapon, I have to travel quite a lot to get it. It would be cool to be able to talk to the blacksmith and pay him money so he would produce the armour I want in the coulours I want.

Autohotkey Script for 1257 AD
I use this script every day and I think it saves me a lot of time; if anyone is interested here it is.

Q: What does this script do?
A: It helps with some repetitive tasks; the idea is doing the job with less effort.
[list type=decimal]
[*]NumPad 0 key is assigned as a hotkey, when pressed, Autohotkey moves the mouse over to 'Continue' text and left clicks once.
[*]'NumPad *' key is assigned as a hotkey, when pressed, Autohotkey moves the mouse to 'Visit Tavern' text and left clicks once.
[*]'x' key is assigned as a hotkey, when pressed, Autohotkey continously left-clicks on mouse pointer's current location, until hotkey is released.
[*]'b' key is assigned as a hotkey, when pressed, Autohotkey continously "CTRL+left-click"s on mouse pointer's current location, until hotkey is released.[/list] << I use this to move all/most items in the loot menu quickly from/to my party inventory.
[/list]

Q: How to install / run it?
A:
Option 1) Download and install Autohotkey (autohotkey.com) scripting engine and after installation keep this script running in the background during your 1257 AD play through.
Option 2) (first install autohotkey per above, then) Compile this Autohotkey script into a tiny executable program file and keep this newly created exe program running in the background during your 1257 AD play through. The advantage of this one is that you do not need to keep autohotkey installed; all you will need a single tiny exe file (after script to exe conversion is complete).

NOTES and KNOWN ISSUES
* NumPad hotkeys work via screen coordinates, these are the values work for me on 1920x1080 screen; if you have a different resolution you will need to modify coordinates.
* The purpose of having 'Visit Tavern' in a scripted hotkey is reducing the time it takes to reach Ransom Broker. Many times he spawns at top floor of the tavern which normally requires walking up the stairs and entering the room; now with this script all you have to do is Press TAB key then NumPad* key quickly and read the text at the bottom right corner of the screen. If you see "Ransom broker present at location 19" then he is right in front of you; alternatively quickly press TAB > NumPad* a few times till you have him at the right spot.

Code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#IfWinActive Mount&Blade ;This script works only if Mount&Blade window is active.

$x::  ; Make the 'x' key a hotkey (the $ symbol facilitates the "P" mode of GetKeyState below).
Loop  ; Since no number is specified with it, this is an infinite loop unless "break" or "return" is encountered inside.
{
    if not GetKeyState("x", "P")  ; If this statement is true, the user has physically released the x key.
        break  ; Break out of the loop.

; Otherwise (since the above didn't "break"), keep clicking the mouse.
    Click  ; Click the left mouse button at the cursor's current position.
}

$b::  ; Make the 'CTRL+b' keystroke a hotkey (the $ symbol facilitates the "P" mode of GetKeyState below).
Loop  ; Since no number is specified with it, this is an infinite loop unless "break" or "return" is encountered inside.
{
    if not GetKeyState("b", "P")  ; If this statement is true, the user has physically released the b key.
        break  ; Break out of the loop.

; Otherwise (since the above didn't "break"), keep sending CTRL+LeftMouseButton click.
    Send {LControl Down}
    Click  ; Click the left mouse button at the cursor's current position.
    Send {LControl Up}
}

return

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;	CLICK ON 'CONTINUE' BUTTON
Numpad0::
MouseMove, 646, 731, 100	; These coordinates are the location of M&B's "CONTINUE button" on my 23" screen
Click				; Left click once
				;SendEvent {Click 646, 731}	; SendEvent uses the older, traditional method of clicking.
return
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;	ENTER TAVERN
;
; Ransom Broker is located at the upper floor. Exit tavern by using tab and then
; press the hotkey "NumPadMult (*)" to re-enter, hopefully to see him on ground floor this time.
;
NumpadMult::
MouseMove, 624,669, 100	; These coordinates are the location of M&B's "VISIT TAVERN button" on my 23" screen
			; Note that the location of this button change if there's a Feast/Tournament at this location
Click				; Left click once
return

Can anyone tell me how and where can i get knights Templar and hospitelars etc
If it helps am crusader state?

I'm kind of new here so sorry if this is the wrong place to post  :mrgreen:
I downloaded this mod from Desura, there was only one download option and it was pre-release 10, is this the current recommended version?
Sorry if I'm being stupid, I've been a fan of the game for a long time and as soon as I saw this mod I ditched native installed it right away :cool: 
EDIT: Okay now I realize I was being stupid, I'm getting the SVN version now. But why isn't it updated on Desura?

Hello folks,

I don't know if this is the right place to post that, so accept my apologizes if I'm wrong.

Just to let you know that we have a dedicated thread for 1257 Anno Domini at MundusBellicus.fr :

http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/showthread.php?6389-M-amp-B-Warband-Solo-Anno-Domini-1257

I translated some informations and instructions in french. Keep up the good work !

Cheers,

Not sure how you make money from trade when merchants only have ~500 gold pieces. You cant sell anything to them...

The mod looks great but the economy is terrible. If you invest in a city venture you get around 150 gold a week, in contrast one mid tier soldier charges you 40 gold a week. Makes no sense...

Manor and castle/city fiefs give nice income, even after you allow them to auto-garrison with 300/500 troops.
Prisoners, ransom, loot...
Some goods runs are ok, just sell to many cities and/or horse sellers/armorers/weaponsmiths if goods peddler runs out of cash.

Most importantly, be a merc captain if you want to keep expensive party around.

klarum said:
Not sure how you make money from trade when merchants only have ~500 gold pieces. You cant sell anything to them...

The mod looks great but the economy is terrible. If you invest in a city venture you get around 150 gold a week, in contrast one mid tier soldier charges you 40 gold a week. Makes no sense...
klarum,
magitsu answered well below. I would like to add:

It is possible to make money (and good money) from trade. I remember I got up to 1 million before I started my own kingdom (this is starting with brand new, level 1 character with the donkey and stick it starts with), mostly from trade and some from tournaments. I spent tens of hours though. At the time I knew less, so if I wanted to become a millionaire again, I would do the following:

1. Try and join as many as tournaments possible and win each - this is easiest money in the game in terms of time investment vs returns.
The only problem is tournaments are a limited opportunitey, you cannot have continously so try and get as much as you can.
To win: get the fastest horse in the world [speed=52] & as many as possible lances as you can carry, then crouched lance 'em all.

2. If I were trying to become a millionaire, war would be my hobby (not occupation) however due to the 'friendly nature' of the 1257 AD world, you still need about 50 troops for your protection.
It is suboptimal to lose money on these troops therefore become & stay as a 'contractor' to one of the lords. You basically take the money from your liege and pay your troops and if I remember correctly also make a tiny amount of profit on top [i.e. if your troop wages are 800, he pays you 900 or something like that].

3. During war time raiding enemy villages is also very profitable, the catch is, not getting caught doing it as it would be a financial loss.
Wait  for enemy to group and engage/chase your faction's army, when they are busy, attack on the far corner village. In most cases I robbed 2-3 villages of its valuables without getting caught and this is good money as you can stack up the items in the party inventory, thus free up your personal inventory and then take everything village has to offer [your inventory skill needs to be a few points upgraded otherwise you cannot take all].

Back
Top Bottom