That castle is *MINE*

Users who are viewing this thread

F50

Sergeant
When I was preparing ladders to attack the castle, a swadian lord comes up from behind me and starts sieging the castle. When I stop building ladders out of shock, I go to the castle again and join teh siege, which results in the kingdom of Swadia taking the castle. It should have been MINE!

Besieging a castle is very buggy at the moment, the AI can leave a siege for a day before it stops being sieged, but if I even so much as try to upgrade my troops I have to start over again.

Well its not a bug or anything. The only *bug* is that when AI leaves a castle it waits a while to tell you the siege has ended, but if they ever leave it technically has ended. Even if they have chased someone away.. I don't like not being able to leave or do anything while sieging other than building siege equipment but its im happy with it because its realistic. I doubt you could run off in the middle of a siege chase a army away and the come back and your siege equipment is still being built. Also you could not do the same with training troops. So I understand the reasoning behind not being able to do anything but build your siege equipment.

The main bug is that the AI bypassed my siege to take the castle.

And no, the siege has not technically ended when the AI leaves, you can't re-siege until a day or so afterwards, like the PC could in .903.

If you are not *at* a castle, you shouldn't be able to build siege equipment, but it shouldn't be taken down until the castle defenders decide to risk meeting me on the open field. That should take a day, as historic castle sieges have tried to fake the defender into coming out by pretending to leave.

Back
Top Bottom