Thanks Taleworlds

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular

Just thanks,best ****ing thing I've ever seen in my life.
Really made my day.
You could just remove Vlandia and Khuzait from the game until they're fixed.
Because surprise,surprise they're the 2 most bugged,broken factions that nobody enjoys to play as or against.

Just ruined my day.

Too much cavalry literally everywhere makes you to micro manage every time the archers,infantry.
Otherwise they all go their merry ways to catch goddamn a cavalrymen.
Yeah, this is the effect of easy noble recruitment. I'll make a thread about it, once I track down which patch added the change and run a few tests to make sure I'm not just crazy.

But more enemy cav = more warhorse loot (or does it?)!
There's no excuse for you not have 100 fians these days, just park em on a hill and you'll be fine. They should charge Cav in ahead of main force since they have power advantage.

yeah I also found the new version 1.6.1 Valandian have become so deadly dangerous now, 100 men party could have almost 40+ horseman, OMG ,

their charge from flanks are very dangerous, my tatic is to lure them, let them chase behind me, and then I lure them chasing me around my archers, so they can be shoot down by my archers
other wise, their attack is dangerous for your archers and infantry

Think is
@Apocal is not the noble troops,I enjoy finding them and fighting them.
It's just the combination of dying in 1 shot because of a stray crossbow bolt + my troops going tard mode without my undivided attention making Vlandia just simply cancerous.

I've been playing against Khuzait and yea they're actually ok.
Just me venting out because I thought they were still broken.
The only frustrating part is again getting 1 shot by a stray swing from a glaive from Khan's guards.
They tend to charge in instead of shooting arrows and they hit you in the head.

But also guys!
WHY didn't the army I got engaged in didn't fight in the ongoing battle?
We were so close,the perspective of the camera is because it's a bit zoomed in,but we were literally next to each other(both fighting fields in this case).

But also guys!
We were so close,the perspective of the camera is because it's a bit zoomed in,but we were literally next to each other(both fighting fields in this case).

They are already in combat, with that niny group of vlandians behind the main army (notice the two sword icons representing two different combats)

Think is
It's just the combination of dying in 1 shot because of a stray crossbow bolt + my troops going tard mode without my undivided attention making Vlandia just simply cancerous.

The only frustrating part is again getting 1 shot by a stray swing from a glaive from Khan's guards.

But also guys!
Fighting Vlandia as Empire is more fun. Cataphracts destroy their cav unless heavily outnumbered, so the rest of your army can focus on the crossbows . Also to prevent scattering in such scenarios order your troops to move to a given spot rather than charge.

As far as the reason goes, they were clearly fighting that one 63 man group, and the big army hadn't closed in to reinforce that group yet. You intercepted the big reinforcing army while your allies were busy crushing the one party. If you had waited for the Vlandian army to reinforce their allies you could have joined with your own allies. The reason for the counterintuitive outcome is that time is player-centric in Mount and Blade. When the player fights a battle it takes place in an instant in campaign time, but when the AI fights a battle it takes hours, sometimes a full day. If you somehow defeated that army, you would notice that the AI is still fighting that 63 party, even if it took you half an hour of game time to whittle them down. IMO the function for reinforcement in battles should group all forces of both sides together in situations like this, but currently it only takes the unoccupied forces in range for each side. If it was implemented you would get weird **** like looters joining the defending army on occasion though.

Last edited:
I don't understand what's wrong here?

Is the OP annoyed because a Vlandian force got between them and their reinforcements?

Aren't they supposed to join the battle since they're so close by?
If you look closer, he played himself. There are two crossed swords, meaning there are currently two battles going on.

The large Battanian force is already engaging a much smaller and weaker force, thus they are pre-occupied with their own battle while I presume LDominating thought they were one big battle because the Vlandians looked so close they already engaged, but his eyes probably deceived him and he rushed but got immediately turned on by the larger Vlandian force as a better target.

Or, they were both approaching at the same time and he thought it was going to be a big decisive battle, but the larger Vlandian force was slower moving and had the initiative of choosing not to engage and help the smaller force but immediately turn to face LDominating because he was vulnerable and close.

You are Battanian, you should be ambushing them in the forests lol. Plus the Battanian horses are the cheapest, your whole footmen party should be on horses. Your Falxmen are the best shock troops and Fians are the best archers in the game and one of the best troops overall. You can't have everything lol. And what's stopping you from capturing banner knight prisoners and recruiting them? Find some troops that can brace their spears and park your archers behind them like it was done in history unless you strictly want to use Battanian troops only.

Not if you want Fians to function at full power.
I don't understand. Trees are advantageous to foot troops as they slow down cavalry charges and horse archer encirclement. Battanian troops are basically designed for that role. And you get forest speed boost, so you can pick and choose your fights with more control. Plus fians have OP accuracy, are you afraid they will shoot trees instead?

I don't understand. Trees are advantageous to foot troops as they slow down cavalry charges and horse archer encirclement. Battanian troops are basically designed for that role. And you get forest speed boost, so you can pick and choose your fights with more control. Plus fians have OP accuracy, are you afraid they will shoot trees instead?
Battanian foot troops, in general, aren't very good. And I'm not afraid of Fians hitting trees (although they totally do, just hold ALT and look around, you'll see all the arrows stuck in them) but because the forest maps break up lines of sight. Most of them, anyway. That means Fians have less time to deliver damage.

Not if you want Fians to function at full power.
yeah I agree, Battanian foot army doesn't perform better than other culture,
actually I don't think any foot troop would perform good in forest map with trees every where

it's the battle tactic we use, foot archers loose formation, wait the other side to come to you, so archers can deliver more damage

this game become boring if there's only one battle tactic works
Kuzait supposed to be mongolian culture with strong HA, but in this game, HA is acting so average, it doesn't make much significant difference

Think is

But also guys!

Because its attacking that small minor party.

There are 2 battles going on. Small v Big and Big v Small.

And allow me to spoiler
maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom