Thanks, I hate crossbows now

Users who are viewing this thread

Aiming is a skill. A pretty difficult one depending on what you're targeting. Same with cav, which you seem to also have a beef against. I don't get what your problem is. The game provides us with lots of options to deal with various situations. People are spamming archers? Grab a shield. People spamming cav? Grab a spear.

People need to learn to adapt to different situations instead of just asking for nerfs. If you want to win that badly, just adapt. If you just want to have fun with swords, then have fun. You might get shot a few times but that's the risk. There's even duel servers for melee enthusiasts.
Is it arni's 2nd trolling acc or something?

Aiming is a skill. A pretty difficult one depending on what you're targeting. Same with cav, which you seem to also have a beef against. I don't get what your problem is. The game provides us with lots of options to deal with various situations. People are spamming archers? Grab a shield. People spamming cav? Grab a spear.

People need to learn to adapt to different situations instead of just asking for nerfs. If you want to win that badly, just adapt. If you just want to have fun with swords, then have fun. You might get shot a few times but that's the risk. There's even duel servers for melee enthusiasts.

A good archer will place shots above/below your shield if you're at a dead angle to them approaching, if you're at a slight 30 degree or greater to the archer they'll easily place shots into your exposed shoulders/knees/arms etc. This makes shields rather redundant the moment its not just one archer vs one infantry.

Haven't played in a few months, perhaps spears do work properly now, I doubt it though. Cavalry have 150 profeciency and greater acceleration/deceleration than infantry, this alone gives them advantage even in head-on, though a good cavalry will still just go for an easier target for efficiency's sake.

Duel and Groupfight are very different. What most people play melee games for is groupfights, if I want to play a shooter I'll play valorant, if I want to ride around on a broken horse I'll play holdfast, if I want good melee I'll play mount and blade, simple.

Side note: TDM and Skirmish are entirely different in terms of balance. Powerful, one shot weapons like 2h's will always dominate TDM as the average skill level is lower and the average number of people in a fight is higher. Archers will always be weaker as they can have people spawn behind/around them and have more than 6 potential enemies at any given moment. Skirmish/Captain should be seperated and then balanced around these modes, as trying to balance for a much more casual TDM as well would be chaos.

A good archer will place shots above/below your shield if you're at a dead angle to them approaching, if you're at a slight 30 degree or greater to the archer they'll easily place shots into your exposed shoulders/knees/arms etc. This makes shields rather redundant the moment its not just one archer vs one infantry.

Haven't played in a few months, perhaps spears do work properly now, I doubt it though. Cavalry have 150 profeciency and greater acceleration/deceleration than infantry, this alone gives them advantage even in head-on, though a good cavalry will still just go for an easier target for efficiency's sake.

Duel and Groupfight are very different. What most people play melee games for is groupfights, if I want to play a shooter I'll play valorant, if I want to ride around on a broken horse I'll play holdfast, if I want good melee I'll play mount and blade, simple.

Side note: TDM and Skirmish are entirely different in terms of balance. Powerful, one shot weapons like 2h's will always dominate TDM as the average skill level is lower and the average number of people in a fight is higher. Archers will always be weaker as they can have people spawn behind/around them and have more than 6 potential enemies at any given moment. Skirmish/Captain should be seperated and then balanced around these modes, as trying to balance for a much more casual TDM as well would be chaos.
To be honest if they balanced around TDM to begin with (and if it didn't have such a **** spawn system) and then adjusted the balance for skirmish via costs we wouldn't have all the issues we do today. The game mode should be the base-line for two teams going at each-other using everything they've got. Instead we have classes that are inexplicitly better than others for the sake of making 'meaningful' choices in Skirmish.

TDM is just executed horribly in Bannerlord so I can understand why the balance shouldn't be based around it in it's current state, but there's no other mode that pits two full teams against each other on an even battlefield at the moment. Balancing around 6v6 will just result in certain classes artificially being overpowered to perform with low numbers.

People are spamming archers? Grab a shield. People spamming cav? Grab a spear.
You're acting as if the game allows you to adapt
Haven't played the current new patch but before that, an xbow player who knows what he's doing would always be able to out manouvre/outplay heavy infantry 9 times out of 10 because the class is faster and the xbow itself would do stupid amounts of damage completely negating armour not to mention you can shoot around shields and there's not much you can do as inf when all the xbow does is shoot you and run away.
Then just play cav and couch everything because as a cavalryman with a couched lance you're more manouverable than literally anything else, add the fact that there's 0 cooldown on couching the lance. As soon as the inf takes out a spear he gets one tapped by an xbow :grin:
All of this makes melee based infantry useless and unfun to play as
"Aiming is a skill" Yeah point and click

I'm speaking from a skirmish perspective but its not as if TDM needs much in the way of balance other than spawns.

You're acting as if the game allows you to adapt
Haven't played the current new patch but before that, an xbow player who knows what he's doing would always be able to out manouvre/outplay heavy infantry 9 times out of 10 because the class is faster and the xbow itself would do stupid amounts of damage completely negating armour not to mention you can shoot around shields and there's not much you can do as inf when all the xbow does is shoot you and run away.
Then just play cav and couch everything because as a cavalryman with a couched lance you're more manouverable than literally anything else, add the fact that there's 0 cooldown on couching the lance. As soon as the inf takes out a spear he gets one tapped by an xbow :grin:
All of this makes melee based infantry useless and unfun to play as
"Aiming is a skill" Yeah point and click

I'm speaking from a skirmish perspective but its not as if TDM needs much in the way of balance other than spawns.
It's still horrible chasing down archers. They're slower than a lot of classes (though you will still waste a lot of time chasing) and I think certain heavy infantry classes are still slower than the archers. You can't really adapt because of the rock-paper-scissors balance, meaning you're always going to be hard countered by something no matter what you choose.

A shield helps, but most shields have pitiful coverage, slow you down, and don't help when the main problem is cavalry or archers attacking from behind, especially in TDM where they spawn all over the place leaving nowhere safe.

I haven't been able to play much since the patch eviscerated our collective FPS rates but I think the nerf to xbow is likely good. I played ranged a lot and whenever I was using the Xbow it felt like I had an aimbot. Way too accurate.

Sharpshooter's still kinda BS in my opinion. They still deal ridiculous amounts of damage from afar while having enough armor to forgive a lot of mistakes in melee combat. Would like to think that he'd be less ridiculous to fight against if his base weapon was a longbow with the standard crossbow being an upgrade option.

Agree with you on that. Firstly they brought, bow or xbow doesn't matter you have to wait for smaller crosshair and that makes harder to hit a cavalry who rush in to you. Also they increased drawing the bow time. They nerfed xbow's damage which is okey. Now this... You can't flick, you can't follow infantry or cavalry 20 meter which makes your crosshair bigger. Like you said it felt like more RNG than skill. Now archer is not even harder it is just random chance to shoot your enemy. They should;

Decrease drawing bow time
Decrease waiting for smaller crosshair time
Hugely decrease or remove flickshots and following aim penalty
Crouch while reload crossbow.

Those makes archer can playable again.

They are quite good bruh why you complaining? It is just as good if you just accept it and play. It doesn't have to be the same strenght, you can still pull up on people and shoot them in the face

Agree with you on that. Firstly they brought, bow or xbow doesn't matter you have to wait for smaller crosshair and that makes harder to hit a cavalry who rush in to you. Also they increased drawing the bow time. They nerfed xbow's damage which is okey. Now this... You can't flick, you can't follow infantry or cavalry 20 meter which makes your crosshair bigger. Like you said it felt like more RNG than skill. Now archer is not even harder it is just random chance to shoot your enemy. They should;

Decrease drawing bow time
Decrease waiting for smaller crosshair time
Hugely decrease or remove flickshots and following aim penalty
Crouch while reload crossbow.

Those makes archer can playable again.
I have strong believe that everything in this game should be balanced around infantry, as infantry fights is a core thing in the whole mnb series. Archers performed way better than infantry last half year, and thus should be nerfed, as well as cav. Shooting is not an rng fest, you should just change your playstyle a bit and start making pointed quick shots and stop doing risky flicks, as well as trying to follow someone in close range. Ofc it cuts your possibilities, but that's how nerfs work. I had the same feeling after 1.5.5, when archers were nerfed, I thought they became unplayable, but I quickly got used to it, so it will be now.

If they could fix whatever it is that causes me to die from someone releasing their shot while they aren’t even looking at me yet it still headshots me. It’s like the client hasn’t synced and still thinks they aren’t looking my way on my screen. Happens most often with flick shots.

Well tbh this isn't my biggest gripe about ranged, not even close. ****ty netcode causes way more frustrations.

The amount of times I shoot through people is insane, but it's too complicated to fix as it the core of MP.

Back
Top Bottom