"Thanks" for the fief...

Users who are viewing this thread

I was wondering if it was just me or if this is just the norm with the rulers of the kingdoms but I only ever got my first fief when my faction took over a castle, then they preceded to give me control over it, which is awsome and nice and all buuuuuut.....

1.I dont have the income to support the garrison stationed there
&
2.By the time I get there, its already been sieged by the enemy

I know its early access and thats why im hoping by mentioning this here we could maybe change it back to how it was in warband, where you recieve one of the numerous towns that your king possess and isnt entirely in danger of being sieged or raided right away

I had this issue too, and my answer to it is this. If the king won't defend it, oh well. I'll get granted another one later. Don't lose your army trying to defend it. More passive income, more clan tier, bigger army, more parties, and eventually you'll get there.

Also, go there and take the more trained troops from the fief, and dispose of the rest, so you don't pay the upkeep.

how it was in warband, where you recieve one of the numerous towns that your king possess
I'm sure you must mean villages.... your king never ever gave you a ****ing town he already owned! I don't think it's even coded in to be possible for him to give up a fief he's given to himself.

Anyways I second the advice of not worrying too much about a castle if you can't defend it. Build up lots of influence and wait for a nice town to be taken, then put yourself up for it.
Or you know, be your own boss and ditch the factions and take what you want yourself.

I was wondering if it was just me or if this is just the norm with the rulers of the kingdoms but I only ever got my first fief when my faction took over a castle, then they preceded to give me control over it, which is awsome and nice and all buuuuuut.....

1.I dont have the income to support the garrison stationed there
&
2.By the time I get there, its already been sieged by the enemy

I know its early access and thats why im hoping by mentioning this here we could maybe change it back to how it was in warband, where you recieve one of the numerous towns that your king possess and isnt entirely in danger of being sieged or raided right away

I can see where this is annoying in many cases. I would say my counter to that is to remain a mercenary until you feel more comfortable in being able to manage the war scene and political landscape. I don't make absolute bank as a merc, but early on, its less of a required dedication, and I am free to switch allegiances without any penalty. This has saved me some headache when kingdoms I allied with were being sorely beaten and I did not have the power yet to sway that outcome.

Like said by others, take your time to get into your seat properly and focus on the sustainment and survivability of your own army. AI troops get generated far faster than we can rightfully obtain and upgrade troops, so unless you're strong enough to face enemy lords and take prisoners to convert the troops you want, its usually starting with T1 fodder and hoping most live long enough to grow into something competent.

I'd not further inhibit that by jumping into vassal state only to be given a task you're not quite equipped to handle yet. Just my thoughts.

In my first playthrough I was given a castle in enemy territory that was lost within two in-game hours. Other than turning on cheat mode there would have been no way for me to have travaled to the castle in time. NPC lords do seem to get teleported to new fiefs so the same thing is less likely to happen to them.

Back
Top Bottom