Thanks for all the fun times warband!

Users who are viewing this thread

I will always have fond memories of warband. I'm still playing it now, but I think if Bannerlord lives up to my expectations it will be hard to go back except maybe for mods, so long as they are absent from bannerlord. But of course in enough time, I'm sure bannerlord will be just as good in that regard if not better... I mean the module system isn't exactly easy and warband still has an insane modding community. With proper mod tools and with seemingly more of an add-on type system (idk what you call it), more in line with how other games handle mods, it can surely only be better and easier.

If combat isn't fun the other 95% of the game can be good but won't make me play it.

What exactly is so horrible about the combat? or is it just a matter of them changing something you were so used to, and you not being able to adapt?

haven't tried the beta, but for what I see in videos the combat looks oh so much better, the animations, the sense of impact, everything looks better to me.

What exactly is so horrible about the combat? or is it just a matter of them changing something you were so used to, and you not being able to adapt?

haven't tried the beta, but for what I see in videos the combat looks oh so much better, the animations, the sense of impact, everything looks better to me.

youre Correct. For the most part it’s only the people who dedicated hours to learning the quirks of Warbands combat that insist Bannerlord’s system is trash.
I played single player Warband and the combat system in Bannerlord feels better in every way.

youre Correct. For the most part it’s only the people who dedicated hours to learning the quirks of Warbands combat that insist Bannerlord’s system is trash.
I played single player Warband and the combat system in Bannerlord feels better in every way.
You being unable to see flaws in the combat system does not mean the combat is good.

Again another rant about muh warband veterans but just don't know anything about the combat

You being unable to see flaws in the combat system does not mean the combat is good.

Again another rant about muh warband veterans but just don't know anything about the combat
When did I say Bannerlord has a flawless combat system? Warband’s combat system has far more flaws- the Multiplayer vets just learned how to expose them.

Also, all of the things that Aberlardo mentioned- animations, sense of impact- are most definitely better in Bannerlord.

When did I say Bannerlord has a flawless combat system? Warband’s combat system has far more flaws- the Multiplayer vets just learned how to expose them.

Also, all of the things that Aberlardo mentioned- animations, sense of impact- are most definitely better in Bannerlord.
You say it feels better in every way, when it does not.

You say it feels better in every way, when it does not.
Well, I understand our opinions differ and neither of us are necessarily “correct” but while I didn’t spend time in multiplayer, I still spent a decade playing Warband and spent hours on hours on hours in combat. From my experience, Bannerlord’s combat feels better in every aspect that I’ve been able to test through the beta.

I'm not gonna post a huge wall of text what's bad and what's good. It's not that I'm used to something else, I don't mind new stuff aslong as its good. Of course the combat looks better, the graphics are new so thats only logical. I don't care that much about looks though, if it mattered to me I'd not play warband in the first place.
warband is by no means perfect but the combat is currently better than bannerlords. then again BL has potential if they shift it into the right direction and refrain from making everything so noobfriendly.

Classics never really die even when their counterpart comes out. people still love starcraft even though starcraft 2 came out. Multiplayer can take a hit though, not sure how active warband's multiplayer scene is right now, or was before bannerlord hype really kicked in.

As flawed as the multiplayer combat may be, (I have no idea, I'm a noob), the single player, even with the absence of certain features in EA, is clearly significantly better. I highly doubt I will return to Warband for anything other than a nostalgia trip. Now that I think about it, it is a bit bittersweet.

There will be always a persistent community that is going to play Warband until forever. Soundtracks, unique mechanics, catchwords of bandits... Those kinds of things make the Warband a legend.

Well MP is like 5% of the game (Warband
why does everyone say this crap, I don't even have the breath to argue against people who say this anymore. I have argued with people over the moon about this, I think it is pretty obvious that the fact that warband and it's dlc's multiplayer have survived for 10 years is more than enough evidence that more than 5% of the ****ing game is multiplayer, but I digress.

why does everyone say this crap, I don't even have the breath to argue against people who say this anymore. I have argued with people over the moon about this, I think it is pretty obvious that the fact that warband and it's dlc's multiplayer have survived for 10 years is more than enough evidence that more than 5% of the ****ing game is multiplayer, but I digress.
Game has not survied 10 years only because of its multiplayer. Its survived that long because of its mods. YES people play the MP and some people are really loyal to it, that great, good for them, but all the game numbers i have seen, the numbers playing MP compared to people playing the game, shows that mainly the people who play it, play it for single player.

Game has not survied 10 years only because of its multiplayer. Its survived that long because of its mods. YES people play the MP and some people are really loyal to it, that great, good for them, but all the game numbers i have seen, the numbers playing MP compared to people playing the game, shows that mainly the people who play it, play it for single player.
im not saying that it ONLY survived for 10 years because of the multiplayer, im saying that the reason MULTIPLAYER survived was because more than 5% of the M&B community played it. Im not one of the ignorant idiots, I know why this game survived and I know most people play singleplayer whether that be native or mods and DLC's, but to say the Multiplayer community was only 5% of the overall chunk is extremely egotistical to say

im not saying that it ONLY survived for 10 years because of the multiplayer, im saying that the reason MULTIPLAYER survived was because more than 5% of the M&B community played it. Im not one of the ignorant idiots, I know why this game survived and I know most people play singleplayer whether that be native or mods and DLC's, but to say the Multiplayer community was only 5% of the overall chunk is extremely egotistical to say
I cant see how its egotistical, MP was an important part of Warband, it did help keep the game alive, but mostly people played the game because of the SP and not even native, but mods. My comment about the 5% was not to make them illigitamate, but because that guy said the entire gamed sucked, because he did not like how combat was in MP atm. to which i responded, MP combat was not the only part of the game. I hope we get a well rounded game. Unlike Warband i think Bannerlords MP will get much more focus and be used as much more of a draw, which is a good thing, I will mainly be in the SP, but i will try the MP far more than i did in Warband.

I mean it still outlived newer medieval fighting games like wotr, chilvalry or for honour. I had a bit of hope for mordhau but every non survival game that has some kind of stamia mechanic is poo.
Overall i understand that for casual people or people that never got into warband the combat seems fine. But if ure used to warband it's (currently) a downgrade. Bannerlord gives the players barely any room to punish someones mistakes. No spamming, no outmoving, not self or normal stunning. You don't really have any (enough) agressive moves you can pull in order to force a kill on a worse player and I think that's a very important thing to have.

To all the people saying im glad spamming is gone; if you got spammed in warband it is was to 95% your own fault for messing up stuff like movement or other stuff.

The only real issue I've had with the combat system when comparing it to warband is the movement, but I find 0 issues offsetting that with extremely aggressive play when backed up against a wall.

Back
Top Bottom