Thank you Taleworlds. A unique perspective

Users who are viewing this thread

Who are you, to speak on behalf of other people...
He was stating his own opinion. I actually been reading over the forums this week and notice a lot of the folks that are *****ing are just *****ing for *****ing sake or actually seem to think finished games happen over night. Specially right after most of the globe was shut down last year. A lot of the modern day gamers seem to complain if you gave them 1000 dollars they would ***** that it wasn't 1001 dollars. They just aren't happy unless they are *****ing.

I have over 1K hours in this game so far and have a lot of fun testing things out, but you k now what I don't do, expect things that aren't there yet to happen over night. I log on every patch play a game with no mods, than I go and play it completely molded up with my fav mods and some new ones and than I go play other games. I have several games in my library that are in EA state of development. Most of us never been in a game development so we don't know what it takes to do so and some times things take longer than is expected. I would prefer them to take there time instead of rushing things out like most of the big AAA studios been doing the last 5-10 years to make time scheduals and holidays sales to only have the game full of bugs and most of the content removed.

As some one that mods his game a lot I have over the time since it went EA actually stop using some mods cause they where implomented into the game. There is a lot of content we haven't seen yet cause they have to get other things to work first to get them to work or it would be even a bigger crashing mess.

Now this part might piss some folks off, a lot of the problems i see in games from players aren't the game it self. Not pointing any fingers but lets be honest, your 5-10 year old system is out dated and your going to have problems playing any modern games. If you still play games on a HDD drive instead of a SDD drive stop complaining about lag and load screen times (yes I have trouble shoot players that had HDD drives only). If you have 8g of RAM you need to update that to 16G to help with applications running, the actual normal for most modern game is 32 not 16. If your graphic card is older than a 980 your prob due to update it. Not saying games wont run on these older system but they are a lot of the issues folks are having trying to run newer games that isn't the games fault.

Also learn to install the right mods and how to remove bad mods, that is pretty much the number one causes of crashes I found with this game and others......

Yes there is a lot of stuff I would like to see added or fixed in the game, but I"m not going to sit here trolling and *****ing about it. Learned a long time ago that most Devs don't care what most players think or say. What they care is the bug reports and data you give back to them to fest fix things.

He was stating his own opinion. I actually been reading over the forums this week and notice a lot of the folks that are *****ing are just *****ing for *****ing sake or actually seem to think finished games happen over night. Specially right after most of the globe was shut down last year. A lot of the modern day gamers seem to complain if you gave them 1000 dollars they would ***** that it wasn't 1001 dollars. They just aren't happy unless they are *****ing.

I have over 1K hours in this game so far and have a lot of fun testing things out, but you k now what I don't do, expect things that aren't there yet to happen over night. I log on every patch play a game with no mods, than I go and play it completely molded up with my fav mods and some new ones and than I go play other games. I have several games in my library that are in EA state of development. Most of us never been in a game development so we don't know what it takes to do so and some times things take longer than is expected. I would prefer them to take there time instead of rushing things out like most of the big AAA studios been doing the last 5-10 years to make time scheduals and holidays sales to only have the game full of bugs and most of the content removed.

As some one that mods his game a lot I have over the time since it went EA actually stop using some mods cause they where implomented into the game. There is a lot of content we haven't seen yet cause they have to get other things to work first to get them to work or it would be even a bigger crashing mess.

Now this part might piss some folks off, a lot of the problems i see in games from players aren't the game it self. Not pointing any fingers but lets be honest, your 5-10 year old system is out dated and your going to have problems playing any modern games. If you still play games on a HDD drive instead of a SDD drive stop complaining about lag and load screen times (yes I have trouble shoot players that had HDD drives only). If you have 8g of RAM you need to update that to 16G to help with applications running, the actual normal for most modern game is 32 not 16. If your graphic card is older than a 980 your prob due to update it. Not saying games wont run on these older system but they are a lot of the issues folks are having trying to run newer games that isn't the games fault.

Also learn to install the right mods and how to remove bad mods, that is pretty much the number one causes of crashes I found with this game and others......

Yes there is a lot of stuff I would like to see added or fixed in the game, but I"m not going to sit here trolling and *****ing about it. Learned a long time ago that most Devs don't care what most players think or say. What they care is the bug reports and data you give back to them to fest fix things.
  1. The devs have stated they aren't planning on any new major features
  2. I am a gamer and community member of many EA projects (my favorites are Starsector and Ostranauts) - I'm happy with them because the devs actually communicate with and listen to their players, unlike TW. I happily spend hours testing and giving detailed bug reports to Daniel Fedor because he is a real human who responds thoughtfully every time I @ him on the bug channel in Discord. TW barely gives us the time of day and - with mexxico leaving - even that's going away.
  3. You're wrong about the system requirements. Devs have been clear that CTD bugs are not because of old hardware - it's because of CTD bugs. I don't know if they fixed it, but for the longest time BL wouldn't even use all the system resources available (I think it capped at one CPU core and 2G ram and no VRAM).

He was stating his own opinion.
Yes and no. He was also speaking as if he was a representative for both the players *and* Taleworlds. He's of course entitled to have and share an opinion, the forums exist for that very reason. You also didn't quote the part of the post I wrote about right to free speech (of course you didn't.)
a lot of the folks that are *****ing are just *****ing for *****ing sake or actually seem to think finished games happen over night.
I actually post criticism. I see nothing praiseworthy at the moment - I would be thoroughly praising the game if it warranted praise. Also, this game has been in active development for 8 years. More than that, actually. That is, sadly, a fact - it's not overnight. More like overDECADE.
I would prefer them to take there time instead of rushing things out like most of the big AAA studios been doing the last 5-10 years to make time scheduals and holidays sales to only have the game full of bugs and most of the content removed.
While I would generally agree that a polished, complete game is preferable to a half-baked one and that the AAA market is being rather awful at the moment, they have clearly stated the game is basically feature-complete and that nothing big will be added aside from the new battle scenes and map system. So... what we have now, what we had a year ago... that, right there, is basically what we're going to get. I, as well as many others, think it's too little, too late.
If you still play games on a HDD drive instead of a SDD drive stop complaining about lag and load screen time
Apologies if I come on strong on this, but that is blatant misinformation and extremely silly.
Hardware demanding titles I've installed on my HDD without having a single FPS/performance issue:
-RDR2
-GTA5
-Doom (2016)
-Doom Eternal
-Days Gone
-Battlefront 2
-Elite Dangerous
-Kingdom Come: Deliverance
-Hitman 2
-Cyberpunk 2077
-Stellaris
All of those are horribly superior, both in engine and graphics, not to mention calculations per second (see Stellaris...) to Bannerlord. Taleworlds has no excuse, and your attempt to defend what shouldn't and couldn't be defended baffles me.
What they care is the bug reports and data you give back to them to fest fix things.
I reported ****tons of bugs. I actually have a list of them - all 24.
The most severe is the current UI lag, which made me stop playing altogether. Reported by a lot of people, not just me, and still not fixed after more than a month. Apparently fixed in the TURKISH VERSION only.
Defend that, if you'd like.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ok so here we are 6 months later. Version 1.7.0 is out and I love it varied terrain. Sieges work so much better that founding your kingdom independently is achievable.

I would still like it lower wages for garrison troops would be part if game mechanics and not locked behind perk. It's taken time but the game runs better overall. Less lag prison breakouts. Thanks taleworlds.

I may not get everything I want in this game but I love it anyway. If that makes me a mega fan or bootlicker then so be it. I have given much criticism to lazy game developers and thier cash grabbers but I like what taleworlds has done. Forgive me if I dont only post negative crap and take the time to post when I like them.

All right looking forward to the insults I ll get from gamers who ll never be happy. Lol over 300hrs of play time and loving it

3zurz1.png

I love pizza tacos and beer. Thanks god for making the earth and thanks again for the Sun. Pretty sure life would be shady as F without the Sun so again, just wanna give a shoutout for it. And grass...its so nice to just lay on even if its Rainy out. OMG the Rain!!!!!! Its soooo good I just love it. I now have 52,981 HRs in on the Earth so screw the haters -its amazing !!!!!!

A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE, I'M DIFFERENT FROM OTHER GAMERS, GIVE ME ATTENTION TALEWORLDS. THANKS FOR CHARGING ME MONEY TO SELL ME AN OVERPROMISED GAME. I'M DIFFERENT FROM OTHER GAMERS FOR REAL IM NOT LIKE THEM. WATCH ME OTHER PLAYERS, DONT HAVE EXPECTATIONS, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT
OH MY GOD I HAVE SUCH AN UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE, IM NOT LIKE THIS OTHER PEOPLE
wojak-npc-thinks-he-isnt-npc-thumbnail.jpg

Speaking seriously now, OP's opinion is not bad and I don't think he's a bad person, he appreciates TW's work, that's fair, but please don't say this is an unique and new perspective, and don't belittle people's opinion by calling them "raging and moaning" lmao, literally all I see lately is mostly people giving fair advice and criticism, literally pages of suggestions being made, what do you call that

Last edited:
His argument is really that "games aren't done overnight"? You may just have an abysmal sense of time, mate.

And if you'd actually read the criticism you claim to find valid you would know the complaints hardly end with early access development / release.

And yes, you are right that it isn't exactly a realistic hope that modders regularly update their mods for no tangible gain on their end but hear this you ****wit: people still want to enjoy the game. And for a good number of players only mods provide the means (playability, if you will) to keep them engaged to bannerlord.

My original post is only unique because its posted in an atmosphere of negativity. Not because I think it is. Most folks go online to talk about what they hate and never what they love. I just figured someone should give credit where it's due.

No I'm not just some guy looking for attention. Nah just a big geek really enjoying bannerlord. I have read many a complaint and lots of them are bug reports and suggestions. There are however lots of folks who ll never be happy.

I love mods. Prophesy of pendor is one of my favorites. I look forward to the day when game is complete and I cant stop laughing when people complain that their mods no longer work because of the latest update in an early access title. Like that's somehow the devs fault

In the end I just wanted to put a drop of positive appreciation in sea of negativity. There are a lot f cash grabbing poor devs out there, taleworlds i dont think is one of them. While bannerlord may not give me everything I want, i still love it

Thank you taleworlds for warband and now bannerlord you have made two great games. I just wanted to say that first. I know you have faced a lot of criticism from the community. Some justified others completely whiney and unrealistic. I knew Bannerlord was not finished when I got it. I look forward to the finished product but I wanted to support you. I have newest version not 1.5.6

I think the recurring problem is that the developers release half baked features that just frustrate everyone, instead of adding it whole. Crossbows without the light variants so you couldn't advance the skill (they could have just added the same skin from another one and reduced the skill requirement), a main quest that abruptly stops half way (do sandbox first and the quest version later when it was ready), siege mechanics (add a stable simple version first then add the more complex version later), birth, death and marriage (don't add it at all until its ready and fleshed out) etc etc on and on. it looks more like a beta than early access.
People that played Warband are rightfully angry because we thought bannerlord would be Warband 2.0 - they even gave people that owned Warband on Steam a discount for Bannerlord, suggesting that we would be getting just that - Warband 2.0. not a completely different game in the same genre.
To the players

Ditch unrealistic expectations. You did not buy a finished game. Taleworlds was open and honest that they wanted community input while making the game. Expect glitches game is in production and not yet meant for long term play.

But thats just it, after enticing the "old guard" in to play their new game and promises of "wanting their feedback", they really didn't. They actively ignored any feedback that was given and did the opposite. The new class system in Bannerlord was badly received, did the developers care - f**k no. Any suggestions on improving the game or polls that were brought up in the forums are ignored and the "community managers" ghost/ go AWOL.
To the company suggestions

Dont sweat the modders...
Per previous comment. To make mods for a game that is in development and complain that they dont work after new update is definition of unrealistic. Taleworlds if u can get modders what they need because you've gotten it during what your already doing then fine. Dont go out of the way though. Focus on continuing your game development. Modders can work better on a finished product..

...But...

2 please bring back half wages..
For players who never played warband did you know that soldiers you had garrisoned only got half wages. I would like this to be simply part of game mechanics and not some part of a skills perk done piecemeal. Funding your army is made more enraging combined with tip 3

3 streamline workshops...
Give us a more defined way to discover what is most profitable workshop in a city. It's all detective and guesswork that doesnt guarentee anything. Given the expense it takes to get it going. The guesswork and easy destruction of workshops is very frustrating.

FINALLY Focus on the lag issue...
I know you are aware of the ongoing menu's lags and long loading times after patches in recent months. This is a common problem across multiple pc rigs, not because of potato rigs. I bought and researched my pc for optimized bannerlord play. It worked better before. This seems like a bigger issue than new content.

...I didn't mean to hurt your feelings...

I love your games I played warband on console but let's face it its meant for pc. I love it so much that even though I already own it , I bought warband for pc anyways. An easy decision. I'm enjoying it until bannerlord is further along. Keep up the good and Taleworlds and thank you.
Don't sweat the modders, have you tried any of the numerous mods for this game, they are seriously underappreciated. I would have uninstalled this game a long time ago if it wasn't for mods.

2...3...Finally...wha?!
You strike me as young and naive. Companies do not deserve your (or anyones for that matter) apologetic tones, and shouldn't be praised because they did something/ or doing something that they should have done from the beginning. I paid for a product and I'm still waiting for it to be completed. This process of the devs ignoring the community and going off dillydallying along unorganised and sporadically putting out silly updates is completely unwarranted.
This whole process is a complete mess, every single update is half-baked and trying to do a Single Player playthrough is a royal pain in the arse with the constant bugs and half arsed features currently in the game.

Multi-Player is just left with what seems like a skeleton crew developing it so it has seen practically no development at all. The servers have been crashing from day one and they struggle with balancing the class system which would be fixed if they stuck with the old system that worked. The faction system is useless unless you play Skirmish mode, there is no battle mode or private servers and they insist on putting development time into the damn skins and grinding them (when they should be f*****g free - they are the same skins in SP and you could customise your character in Warband).
I have said it before and I'll say again, it looks more like a beta not early access.

Last edited:
My original post is only unique because its posted in an atmosphere of negativity. Not because I think it is. Most folks go online to talk about what they hate and never what they love. I just figured someone should give credit where it's due.

No I'm not just some guy looking for attention. Nah just a big geek really enjoying bannerlord. I have read many a complaint and lots of them are bug reports and suggestions. There are however lots of folks who ll never be happy.

I love mods. Prophesy of pendor is one of my favorites. I look forward to the day when game is complete and I cant stop laughing when people complain that their mods no longer work because of the latest update in an early access title. Like that's somehow the devs fault

In the end I just wanted to put a drop of positive appreciation in sea of negativity. There are a lot f cash grabbing poor devs out there, taleworlds i dont think is one of them. While bannerlord may not give me everything I want, i still love it
There are like 2 or 3 ""positive"" posts behind you, like for real they're there. And """positive""" because I believe that criticizing and making ton of suggestions and pages of feedback is way more feedback than sucking someone's toes every two seconds. In fact there's another positive reaction in this forums which is the ministrel cornel you can see in the citadel too, where people post their positive reactions lol. Not to mention reddit is always posting good stories and fun times people have without having to say "thabkkk you for selliNgMe AGaaem"

I just want go point out how much I have been attacked because I have dared to compliment talewords and say I love this game. The internet community is very hostile. But that's why I posted my original post. Also keep in mind that my op was back in May.

Of course that doesnt mean I wouldn't like some things changed.

Why shouldnt we thank someone for doing thier job.

I always say " if I simply expect it, then I'm not grateful for it"

Young lol please I'm in my mid 30s. Naive could be I dunno but whatever I'am, I'm happy with it.

Despite all the attacks against me I am enjoying geeking out with yall. Keep the post coming.

I just want go point out how much I have been attacked because I have dared to compliment talewords and say I love this game. The internet community is very hostile. But that's why I posted my original post. Also keep in mind that my op was back in May.

Of course that doesnt mean I wouldn't like some things changed.

Why shouldnt we thank someone for doing thier job.

I always say " if I simply expect it, then I'm not grateful for it"

Young lol please I'm in my mid 30s. Naive could be I dunno but whatever I'am, I'm happy with it.

Despite all the attacks against me I am enjoying geeking out with yall. Keep the post coming.
Huh no, mostly people are just mocking because you call it an unique perspective, at least that's what I see, the rest is okey

Huh no, mostly people are just mocking because you call it an unique perspective, at least that's what I see, the rest is okey
Well you d be correct. Its not really a unique perspective. I just never see enough folks expressing gratitude when they like something. But plenty Express anger when they hate something.

As for the rest. Yeah some some folks got nothing better to due then mock people on the internet.

People certainly get hostile though. I am enjoying the vulgar displays of pettiness

Back
Top Bottom