Thank you Taleworlds. A unique perspective

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you taleworlds for warband and now bannerlord you have made two great games. I just wanted to say that first. I know you have faced a lot of criticism from the community. Some justified others completely whiney and unrealistic. I knew Bannerlord was not finished when I got it. I look forward to the finished product but I wanted to support you. I have newest version not 1.5.6

To the players

Ditch unrealistic expectations. You did not buy a finished game. Taleworlds was open and honest that they wanted community input while making the game. Expect glitches game is in production and not yet meant for long term play.

To the company suggestions

Dont sweat the modders...
Per previous comment. To make mods for a game that is in development and complain that they dont work after new update is definition of unrealistic. Taleworlds if u can get modders what they need because you've gotten it during what your already doing then fine. Dont go out of the way though. Focus on continuing your game development. Modders can work better on a finished product..

2 please bring back half wages..
For players who never played warband did you know that soldiers you had garrisoned only got half wages. I would like this to be simply part of game mechanics and not some part of a skills perk done piecemeal. Funding your army is made more enraging combined with tip 3

3 streamline workshops...
Give us a more defined way to discover what is most profitable workshop in a city. It's all detective and guesswork that doesnt guarentee anything. Given the expense it takes to get it going. The guesswork and easy destruction of workshops is very frustrating.

FINALLY Focus on the lag issue...
I know you are aware of the ongoing menu's lags and long loading times after patches in recent months. This is a common problem across multiple pc rigs, not because of potato rigs. I bought and researched my pc for optimized bannerlord play. It worked better before. This seems like a bigger issue than new content.

I love your games I played warband on console but let's face it its meant for pc. I love it so much that even though I already own it , I bought warband for pc anyways. An easy decision. I'm enjoying it until bannerlord is further along. Keep up the good and Taleworlds and thank you.

Last edited:
@rion4581 You seem to be a really nice person, but have you actually read the complaints?
Also, please don't try to represent the modders.

quadruple posting
@rion4581 You seem to be a really nice person, but have you actually read the complaints?

Yes I have read many complaints some are very valid and I dont blame folks for being upset. Some are from folks clearly expecting a finished game even though its clearly stated that it isnt. I hate that damned lag myself, and wish the game was further along and feel it should be but I know its a work in progress. As for the modders I dont represent anyone but myself. The words in my post are simply take on things.

Can you upload a savegame where you lose badly so we can laugh?
I suggest watching a comedy those are great for laugh

By thanks for the links these are good threads

In the first beta version it seems they are already implementing versions of my suggestions l. Garrisoned troops should still have lower wages without use of perks though

Forum Rules:
[...]
Double-posting/Duplicate Threads — If you wish to contribute further to a conversation, and yours was the last post in the thread, please edit your last post instead of creating a new one. Likewise, if a topic is already being discussed, please use the existing thread rather than creating duplicate threads.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
The second part where OP starts requesting fixes completely betrays that he doesn't fallow any devs posting about bannerlord and thier agenda. That in turns undermines everything he said in 1st part.

@rion4581 if you think you can just ask for reasonable a change to something "closer to warband" and it will ever happen, you have not been paying any attention and have no clue why dogged players are so frustrated with bannerlord progress.

The second part where OP starts requesting fixes completely betrays that he doesn't fallow any devs posting about bannerlord and thier agenda. That in turns undermines everything he said in 1st part.

@rion4581 if you think you can just ask for reasonable a change to something "closer to warband" and it will ever happen, you have not been paying any attention and have no clue why dogged players are so frustrated with bannerlord progress.

Profile created in December. Probably bought it on sale and started playing nearly a year after we did.

Almost all the white knights from EA release have either moved on or taken the blackpill, but apparently there are still some among legions of newbs who will lecture hardcore fans about patience.

This is an interesting transformation: in most game forums, the loudest voices defending against criticism are the megafans and the biggest critics are uninformed newbies. Here, it's the other way around.

>Post written like a letter to Santa
>"Some people are just crying and moaning and screaming, don't listen to them"
>Treating a company like a friend
>EARLY ACCESS

We get one of these a week even after all this time, lmao
Yeah I don't know what it is about some gamers who act like decent-sized international corporations give AF about their feelings or will totally crumble if people on the internet make fun of them.

Total "I love Big Brother" mindset.

This is an interesting transformation: in most game forums, the loudest voices defending against criticism are the megafans and the biggest critics are uninformed newbies. Here, it's the other way around.

If the megafans are defending it then it's probably a good game, or at least was what older fans expected. If they're criticising it, then someone messed up somewhere. The exception is the Paradox forums because somehow Johan cast a spell over the entire fanbase which makes them praise 1000 DLCs and constant bugged releases.

If the megafans are defending it then it's probably a good game, or at least was what older fans expected. If they're criticising it, then someone messed up somewhere. The exception is the Paradox forums because somehow Johan cast a spell over the entire fanbase which makes them praise 1000 DLCs and constant bugged releases.
Paradox is a special beast. Their forums got very political over the last few years and - at a certain point - I gave up on the company entirely.

OK... a specific point: I made a fairly tepid criticism of communism in the middle of a post about game mechanics and got a suspension for "trolling" as tons of armchair Stalinists called me a fascist. I had said that Shared Burden (the communist ethic in Stellaris) should give a bonus to stability instead of happiness, because that's mechanically the same and arguably realistic but mostly a lot less insulting to survivors of IRL communism.

But in general I think that certain grindy games attract a certain grindy gamer and they tend to defend the grind to the death, despite the occasional normie or normie-oriented-nerd occasionally stumbling into their den of insanity. EVE Online fandom was notorious for this. I've also seen it in the Starsector forums. And, while I'm a huge fan of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I cannot abide the "megafans" who insisted that the mandatory save potion system was 100% awesome and getting rid of it would invite the "wrong" kind of fans.

I remember a buddy of mine who was a big FF fan who I once witnessed game for 12 hours in one day while switching back and forth between a literal Excel spreadsheet.

Some people just like grind for grind's sake. Some people DGAF about realism or roleplaying or social simulation or a game having a "soul". They just want a program with numbers that increase the more effort and time you put into it, regardless of the context.

Thank you taleworlds for warband and now bannerlord.:::Snip:::..
Good and honest praise is something tight these days and those good motives shouldn't be criticized... This isn't the case here. As many before suggested your bread is half baked, with sad layer that won't feed to many mouths in here...

You call unrealistic some piece of the code that has already been made - just not as a part of vanilla. I am sure you explored all in game mechanics and features this game has got... cause 'wages and workshops'. Not only reading scientific papers might be hard these days... Everybody wants to write, few read, even fever conclude...

I am sure the response from TW will reach you

The exception is the Paradox forums because somehow Johan cast a spell over the entire fanbase which makes them praise 1000 DLCs and constant bugged releases.
Which is extremaly odd especially when you read all those DLC mixed or negative reviews on steam... Stellaris may (or may not - i haven't played for a while) be the only one not following this rule entirely...

Ditch unrealistic expectations. You did not buy a finished game. Taleworlds was open and honest that they wanted community input while making the game. Expect glitches game is in production and not yet meant for long term play.
Expecting a game that is polished and ready for play is not unreasonable after ten years of development. Just sayin'. To put this in perspective, Ninja Theory had about half the team, and made a better game, with less time than TaleWorlds.

Per previous comment. To make mods for a game that is in development and complain that they dont work after new update is definition of unrealistic. Taleworlds if u can get modders what they need because you've gotten it during what your already doing then fine. Dont go out of the way though. Focus on continuing your game development. Modders can work better on a finished product..
What people are complaining about with modding is just an extension of complaints about TaleWorlds as a whole: They don't communicate and when they do, they are vague. When they released the modding tools, many were (rightfully) under the impression that the game was stable enough they could build up the mod community... the same mod community that made the original game what is.

Why should they mind the modders? Because at the end of the day, modding is what it's all about. The fact you can literally build your own game. People like me who don't mod, still only buy this game because of the mods. Because I know I will get t customize my own game. And when you give the modders a middle finger, you're ruining it for everyone.

To the players

Who are you, to speak on behalf of other people... to people you know nothing about? That said...
I bought an Early Access title... a year ago. Full price. Not purely on faith and goodwill, but because what they showed was promising.

With a game that is released in EA and, after a whole year, is performing worse than it used to, has little to none new content and with developers who openly ignore the community and steer the wheel in the opposite direction to that the community almost overwhelmingly suggested them to with HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of well-written posts... I have no idea how you could even start to write the amount of silliness I just had the misfortune of reading.

Mind you: I bear no ill-will. Not towards you, not towards Taleworl- well, perhaps a little towards them because they kinda deserve it. Still, I respect your right to have an opinion - but boy, if everyone disagrees with you there MUST be a reason. And it's not because this is an echo-chamber, far from it.

Also, sorry but Taleworlds should be thanking *us* not the other way around.
I don't thank my grocer for a tasty ham I bought from him. Know why?
Because I paid for it, and he told me it was going to be a good ham.

Paradox is a special beast. Their forums got very political over the last few years and - at a certain point - I gave up on the company entirely.

OK... a specific point: I made a fairly tepid criticism of communism in the middle of a post about game mechanics and got a suspension for "trolling" as tons of armchair Stalinists called me a fascist. I had said that Shared Burden (the communist ethic in Stellaris) should give a bonus to stability instead of happiness, because that's mechanically the same and arguably realistic but mostly a lot less insulting to survivors of IRL communism.
That's a perfectly valid criticism and they had no right to suspend your account.
But... I suppose that's why I *buy legitimately and without using any kind of torrent software* every single one of their games I think I could like.
Because if they dislike capitalism so much, I see no reason of giving them my money.

That's a perfectly valid criticism and they had no right to suspend your account.
But... I suppose that's why I *buy legitimately and without using any kind of torrent software* every single one of their games I think I could like.
Because if they dislike capitalism so much, I see no reason of giving them my money.
Thanks for the kind words! Also thanks for the profile pic reminding me of BG1 (a game that worked).

I bought every DLC for CK2, EUIV and Stellaris. Got Surviving Mars too - which was a horrifying totalitarian-dictator-simulator... did you know that in the future we're going to abolish families and the government will raise children in communes and your Martian colony administrator will get to decide at a moment's notice whether breeding is allowed in your habitation dome?

I think they legit hired a bunch of communist devs for SM and that pushed the entire development process for all they do into the weird zone.

I never use TOTALLY LEGITIMATE MEANS OF DISTRIBUTION to acquire games since I never trust torrented executables, but I don't think at this point that any Paradox content is worth any hassle at this point. They're pure cancer.

I never use TOTALLY LEGITIMATE MEANS OF DISTRIBUTION to acquire games since I never trust torrented executables, but I don't think at this point that any Paradox content is worth any hassle at this point. They're pure cancer.
They're actually the only company which games I *legitimately obtain.*
They used to be quite cool back in the HoI2 and Vicky era, but then they went... well, let's say south. It's also "strange" how they keep saying they're very progressive yet act like literal stalinists. A pity that there isn't a strong alternative for grand strategy, slitherine is doing something good lately but it's not quite polished.

Also, yey for Baldur's Gate!

Which forums would these be? I've never seen a game forum where the people there longest weren't the most critical of the company.

edit: Paradox doesn't count, they'll just yeet you out of there in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom