Textures won't load

Users who are viewing this thread

YoureDeadToMe

EDIT: I figured it out. I went on windowed and the error message says that it failed to load a texture, and this happened with a bunch of objects so everything looks really ugly. I could still play the game, but the error messages are kinda annoying.

Sounds like you have a corrupted download. Either that or you have the same issue that I do where for some reason the textures and models just use too much RAM. What are your computer stats?

PPQ_Purple said:
Sounds like you have a corrupted download. Either that or you have the same issue that I do where for some reason the textures and models just use too much RAM. What are your computer stats?

I did get a diagnostic message in winrar so I assume the download was corrupted. How can I get a file that isn't corrupted?

ScreamingCommie said:
What is the link you are dling it from?
I downloaded it from the forumpost that has the links and I've tried to download it from ModDB.

ScreamingCommie said:
When you get it from moddb try to use an alternate mirror.
I've tried a few of them and so far none of them seem to work.

This is probably the result of the same texture problems that is causing me to run this game on 0% quality and DX7. The new textures and models just overload things so your PC might well simply be unable to load them up properly. I wish all mods were like Gekokujo. That thing runs better for me than unmodded M&B.

PPQ_Purple said:
This is probably the result of the same texture problems that is causing me to run this game on 0% quality and DX7. The new textures and models just overload things so your PC might well simply be unable to load them up properly. I wish all mods were like Gekokujo. That thing runs better for me than unmodded M&B.
Is there a way to fix that or am I stuck with it?

YoureDeadToMe said:
PPQ_Purple said:
Try dropping the texture quality progressively until you hit a point that works for you. Alternatively try screaming at the monitor for a few hours and than dropping the texture quality to 0 and setting the thing to run on DirectX7.

PPQ_Purple said:
YoureDeadToMe said:
PPQ_Purple said:
Try dropping the texture quality progressively until you hit a point that works for you. Alternatively try screaming at the monitor for a few hours and than dropping the texture quality to 0 and setting the thing to run on DirectX7.
K

PPQ_Purple said:
YoureDeadToMe said:
PPQ_Purple said:
I tried it, but it didn't seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom