Resolved Textures / Models loading Slow or not at All

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Summary:
Character models as well as weapons, armor and building textures not loading. You can also see many HUD elements are missing in some screenshots such as weapon selection, or player portraits. It seems like the longer I play the more textures load in, but some never do. This issue is still present in the update that came out today.
How to Reproduce:
Play in single or multiplayer. (seems worse in MP)

Media (Screenshots & Video):
y0MPnOY.jpeg

Character model completely missing, note you can't see the current weapon selected in the lower right.
nBLNHPy.jpeg

Character model missing.You can see on the upper right 2 portraits are missing
WJ2xMpQ.jpeg

You can see many low res textures, such as the building on the left, the savages on the right, and the dead druizinihk in the center. Also, you can see that I am trying to place a "to position" marker, but you can see the green flags are absent... BUT the shadows from the missing flags are present in the center of the screen.
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 2070
CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.5ghz
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: MSI P67A-C43
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): I have run it on HDD and SSD and the issue still persists.

Last edited:
Summary:
Character models as well as weapons, armor and building textures not loading. You can also see many HUD elements are missing in some screenshots such as weapon selection, or player portraits. It seems like the longer I play the more textures load in, but some never do. This issue is still present in the update that came out today.
How to Reproduce:
Play in single or multiplayer. (seems worse in MP)

Media (Screenshots & Video):
y0MPnOY.jpeg

Character model completely missing, note you can't see the current weapon selected in the lower right.
nBLNHPy.jpeg

Character model missing.You can see on the upper right 2 portraits are missing
WJ2xMpQ.jpeg

You can see many low res textures, such as the building on the left, the savages on the right, and the dead druizinihk in the center. Also, you can see that I am trying to place a "to position" marker, but you can see the green flags are absent... BUT the shadows from the missing flags are present in the center of the screen.
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 2070
CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.5ghz
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: MSI P67A-C43
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): I have run it on HDD and SSD and the issue still persists.
Thanks for the report. What is your "Texture Streaming Budget" value at the Video Options tab? Also, in the 1.5.2 branch, we have an improvement which should increase the streaming speed for the textures. Can you try that with SP? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the report. What is your "Texture Streaming Budget" value at the Video Options tab? Also, in the 1.5.2 branch, we have an improvement which should increase the streaming speed for the textures. Can you try that with SP? Thanks in advance.
My streaming budget is set to 'very high.'

I played a few custom battles on 1.5.2 as you suggested. I noticed almost no textures failing to load in, I only saw one minor texture on my units clothing, and the shield I carried, both cleared up pretty quickly. I would say this is a significant improvement from before.

Thanks! I can't wait for this to be pushed to main branch so I can try in MP.

My streaming budget is set to 'very high.'

I played a few custom battles on 1.5.2 as you suggested. I noticed almost no textures failing to load in, I only saw one minor texture on my units clothing, and the shield I carried, both cleared up pretty quickly. I would say this is a significant improvement from before.

Thanks! I can't wait for this to be pushed to main branch so I can try in MP.
Thanks for the verification. Have a nice day!

Back
Top Bottom