In Progress Texture Error in Blacksmith Weapons e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0.
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
In the e1.8.0 Beta update, there is a gap between the "hilt" and the "barrel" of the weapons we created in the blacksmith ;
-
It is clearly visible in the game. (SS1 and SS2 ).
This gap is not visible when building the sword and I would like to point out that I have maximized the size of the 'barrel' part. ( SS3 ).
After creating the weapon, a gap appears. ( SS4 and SS5 ).
In the "Crafting history - Üretim Geçmişi" tab, when we select any of the swords with a gap in the body, the size level of the muzzle becomes original. ( SS6 and SS7 ).
-
I hope this thread will help the developers in diagnosing the issue...
(SS1)˅˅
FxdRlh.ss1.png

(SS2)˅˅
Fxs1kp.ss2.png

(SS3)˅˅
Fxsdj1.ss4.png

(SS4)˅˅
FxsSFP.SS3.png

(SS5)˅˅
FxsqRf.SS5.png

(SS6)˅˅
FxsaTm.SS6.png

(SS7)˅˅
Fxs7Ur.SS7.png

Hey, can you please create a save file before crafting the weapon and create another save file after crafting it and send them both to me via Ticket? I will forward the issue to the QA team and your save files will help us further inspect the issue. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey, lütfen silahı üretmeden önce bir kayıt dosyası oluşturup, ürettikten sonra başka bir kayıt dosyası oluşturup ikisini de Bilet yoluyla bana gönderir misin? Sorunu QA ekibine ileteceğim ve kaydetme dosyalarınız sorunu daha fazla incelememize yardımcı olacak. Bize bir bilet göndermek için lütfen www.taleworlds.com sitesini ziyaret edin ve sağ üstten forum hesabınıza giriş yapın. "Hesabım"a ve ardından "Açık Biletlerim"e tıklayın. Orada bir bilet oluşturabilir ve kaydetme dosyasını ve bu konunun forum bağlantısını ekleyebilirsiniz. Yeni biletleme sistemiyle bize nasıl dosya yükleyeceğiniz hakkında daha fazla bilgiyi burada bulabilirsiniz . Bildirdiğiniz için teşekkür ederiz ve herhangi bir rahatsızlık için özür dileriz!
Of course, i will create the files and forward them to you via ticket as soon as possible.

Hey, there are no save files in the ticket you have created, only screenshots. Can you please check again and add the save files as well? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey, i have received and forwarded the files to the dev team for further inspection. Thank you for your time.
I have the exact same issue.
Hey, you can send the before and after save files via Ticket as well. We will have more samples to work on.
Hey, can you please create a save file before crafting the weapon and create another save file after crafting it and send them both to me via Ticket? I will forward the issue to the QA team and your save files will help us further inspect the issue. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Out of curiosity I did some testing, and got immediate result.
The bug happens when we increased the blade size to maximum.

I tried with a standard (middle point) blade size and then the blade is attached to the guard.
I also tried with a minimum size blade. This also looked normal.

So somehow it just drags the blade away from the guard if we go further towards maximum blade size, instead of actually lengthen the blade(?).

It also happens when you make it too short, blade clips through the guard and the grip (not just the swords but aslo polearms and probably others as well). This is also really easy to replicate. Start a game, add resources through console commands, create a too long/too short 2H sword and it looks normal, until you check it in your inventory.

Ah, my bad, didn't check properly then.

So it just moves the blade away from the guard or drags it down into the handle when adjusting blade size.

I'm still seeing this bug with one handed and two handed swords in the latest 1.8.1 patch/update. Can confirm it only happens when you adjust the size of the blade, and doesn't happen when you just use the default sizes (don't adjust scale at all when selecting parts). I haven't encountered the issue with any other weapon type, only one handed and two handed swords.

How tf is this STILL an issue. This bug has been in the game for how long now? No fix, no mention of it anywhere officially, not even a "we are working on it, please bear with us" thing. Just nothing. This makes smithing your own weapons pointless since you can't mess with the size of the blade.
This needs fixed and it SHOULD have been fixed ages ago.

Much like many other things I suppose. But yet we are getting ready to leave early access. What a joke.

Just a quick follow up to my comment from last week:
Currently, the bug still persists exactly the same in 1.9.0 BETA. Not surprising, though, as it isn't something listed in the patch notes. But, I felt it was worth mentioning considering how close the launch date is.
Should also note that I discovered that the bug only happens when extending the length of the blade, and not when shrinking it.
Tested on a fresh install of the game with no mods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom