Version number
e1.6.2.284092
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

RoboSenshi

Grandmaster Knight
Summary: After reinstalling the game and updating to the latest verison, 1.6.2, when I open the Character menu or clan menu, the text is bugged out.
How to Reproduce: Open the character upgrade screen or the clan scree
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
20210925162238-1.jpg
20210925162246-1.jpg
20210925162250-1.jpg
20210925162341-1.jpg
20210925162428-1.jpg
20210925163956-1-LI.jpg

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070
GPU Driver Version: 472.12
CPU: i7-9750
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: Laptop. MSI GE75 9SF
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): NVMe SSD

Yes I have. There was a recommendation in a help thread to delete all the contents of the "Shaders" folder and verify the game files. I did so already and it didn't help. I launched the game with all mods disabled and started a new game to test.

Can you try a clean install?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

I did that already. Those screenshots were taken after a fresh install and then update a few days ago. I had deleted the game a few weeks ago. I just redownloaded it to play with a new mod I discovered and then this error came up.

Should I update to the 1.6.3 ver to see if it fixes it?

Also I've seen this issue happen on a smaller scale with texts on inventory item descriptions. The text would overlap and wouldn't quite fit in the area it was supposed to. But this was in older versions of the game. 1.5.8 I believe.

Can you delete "\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\AssetPackages\gauntlet_ui.tpac" and "steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\AssetPackages\gauntlet_ui.tpac" files and verify the game?

Last edited:
Yes I did a fresh install and then updated to 1.6.3 and that seemed to have fixed the issue. Thanks.

Do you know what might have caused this? Could it have been a mod? I want to try and avoid it happening again.

Back
Top Bottom