Test_Mod 1003 for m&b v1.003

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks maw hopefully I can now take some shots of sieges, towns and inside of castles. 

Still learning but having a good time messing with editing photos.

I just wish I could have a FOV of at least 65 as it's really nice to do screen shots in without losing detail and minus that dang "fisheye" look.  I usually work in anywhere between 35-65 all depending on what I'm aiming for and how the game handles it.

Heh I'm 41, divorced with 4 kids, 1 granddaughter and a grandson on the way..... I need a peaceful hobby  :lol:

Oh yea, that is my "cheat character" in the pic above.  I use him in order to grab items, ie weapons, horses, men etc... in order to do some screen shots. 

I just tried it today.

I like it. Will bookmark this mod for sure.

I like that the fact that troops have different kind of shields, armor and other uniform in general.
Since, especially with a mercenary army.. You would expect more of a irregular army, were every solder would be kind of independent about what kind of armor he have or what kind of weapon he can use.
Troops of Lords and such, of course, probably should be more "regular". Well, maybe except Knights. Since some of them can be nobility and have their own family flags, emblems.. etc

Also like how looters have sometimes different armor. They looters after all, they could have looted it somewhere, I suppose. Better then how they look in the vanilla version, more like some beggars run loose.

The only thing is that horse seem to be runny like crazy... Maybe it is ok.. just feels a little bit different from what I got used to in the vanilla version.

This is going to sound silly but....I extracted this into the game folder and didn't see any changes. Are they all really subtle, or am I doing something wrong?

Santa - thanx fo r the input.

yes, those are all improvements. they can easily be done with some playing with those having more time on their hands. if you want to do it (changing the shinyness, mipmapped lods, etc), feel free, send me a copy, and i'll put it up.

i have another 100 or so armors, mostly surcoats and plates, that i've done to be added to the next version - i'm trying to get the motivation to break the armor by type - plate, scale and lamellar, maille, leather, and padded/cloth so that the files would be more manageable and easier to sift through - kinda like the OSP Weapons project.

remember - its not so much a mod as a modders resource - any improvements can be done by modders, and if really important to game play, i'd append the changes to the next release. thanks again for the input.

lastlight - could be a bunch of things; one is the addition to the right folder, andother is the selection of the mod in the dropdown when the game starts - does it show in the mod choiices, after native? maw

Hello,

Can everyone upload this mod to rapidshare or something like that?

Sorry for my Bad English ^^

Arag

SantasHelper said:
Maw, I got a question on LOD

Is providing support for LOD as simple as duplicating charger a-f LODs and switching the textures and names ? Will it automaticaly be mapped by the engine because it's  called myWarhorse.lod1 myWharhorse.lod2 and understand it correspond to MyWarhorse ???

Just trying to improve the performance a bit

yep. the configuration of m&b looks for and auto assigns same names +1 and .lod for lods and multimesh. maw

they are all native meshes. it's just a mess to figure out what lod's fit which meshes now, though 90% use the basic 9 armor meshes. if you open up the dds files, and compare the positions, it can be figured out, but it'd be hell on the fingers.

prolly the easiest way would be to load up an original mesh with lods in an older version of brf editor (current one resets the visulas so you can't see changes unless you save and reload, but earlier version doen't), mark which armors and lods connect at which postions, and start copying.

good project. for someone. other than me. maw

Hey just got this game after i tried the tutorial and been playin since anyways downloaded this mod, tried playin it and this rgl error keeps comin up on the loading screen so i just keep closin it...any help?

it was a bug mentioned before - seemsthere is a blank texture line.

open up the brf file module_armor.brf, open the textures file, sort it, and the very last one should be blank - it needs to be deleted. check the materials also.

the latest evrsion doesn't have that error, but its a lolt to download for that little fix.

also, should delete from modules_armor costumes3.dds.

so solly. maw

i played this for a little while, and its pretty cool, the only issue i have is that you move SO slow on the map.  time is so slow in game, its really annoying, but other than that, its a really great mod.

Don

Back
Top Bottom