Test_Mod 1003 for m&b v1.003

Users who are viewing this thread

if someone did the text edits on item_kinds1.txt could you post it at the repository with a link here.

that way most people won't have to download another 150megs just for a text edit.  thanks. maw

I have a stupid question, any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I try to add weapons from this pack into a different mod, I get an RGL error saying it can't find the mesh, eg. axeb
I put the BRF's in the resource folder and DDF's in the textures folder, made new entry in the item editor using the mesh name i got from brf editor.
The items are ingame, but i cannot see them in the market.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

one of the common things is the inadvertant copying of an item that does not have itp_merchandise as a tag to show up in the merchants inventory.

a second is that the inventory fills up taking all the spaces before it reaches the selection of the new item.

if it can't find the mesh, the mesh name doesn't match with the brf file and the item text file. maw

Maw

I've been lurking in the shadows of this forum for a small time now but YOU have made me want to come out just to say... THANK YOU.  This is really fun as it is hard, a nice challenge.  I can now turn off those dang names and tell the difference between friend and foe.  I find your work very pleasing, enjoyable and satisfying.

Ever since I seen your packs with the "hand jam" method, I've been wanting to add them but haven't had the time.  Not only do you give us your packs but added bonuses that are a curiosity, at least for me  :wink: 

The only thing I, personally, would like to change, is the speed on some of the horses.  Just a tad slower as they seem a "touch" too fast.  If you could hint as to how I could achieve this I would greatly appreciate it.

One problem I seem to have is at that Dhoruk Keep (not sure if that is the correct name  :oops: )  I have an error scroll up and the only thing I can do is actually leave the place.  If you would like a screen shot I can do that for you.

I want to thank you again for sharing your work with us and please don't stop.

EDIT: I got curious, dug in the "item" file and found what I needed to adjust the speed of the horses.  I've been modding BF2 for a couple of years now and it's like an addiction  :grin:  Nice to see another game mod friendly though I wouldn't say BF2 is exactly friendly, just easier than most.

Stay Safe
Gerhart

Hello, nice job for this mod.
but I have find some modifications which I do not like.
so i need help for make my modifications.

I would like to change the number which defines the gold of the sellers. because I find that the traders are poor man.
And I would like to find the file which allows to give the new armours of mods to enemies troops.

I ask this, because I blend several mods, and I do not succeed in finding for both problems.

sorry for my poor english. :smile:

Gerhart,

Dhvorak is in by accident, as is Zendar. i was messing with visiblity tags and din't remove them. in v1003 i don't forsee any more mod txt editing unless there is a glaring bug - maybe someone else on the modders thread can help you identify the way to add a scene for Dhvorak. i won't be doing it until the python editor comes out for v1003.

but i'm glad you enjoy it. more glad you're modding it.

jefty - when youi blend the mods are you using 960? maw

oooooh. thats difficult.

y'know - The Magelord has the touch on that. why don't you pm him? he's got a real talent for identifying stuff in the txt area. maw

Maw, just wanted to let you know that I got an RGL error (is that correct? )

"Unable to find mesh lamellar_mtw43" 

I'm assuming that I should use the BRFEdit to see if it's actually in there, is that correct?

I had no problems continuing on with the game as I minimized, pressed "ok" and carried on.

EDIT  During a battle I seen quite a few enemy soldiers with missing..... torsos  :shock:  I'm also assuming that this and the above are linked?

I think my army of Mercenaries, Slavers and Sisters is turning out quite nice  :lol:

When I picked my "Banner" I chose the black-n-white wolf image but my banner shows up as green-n-white checkered on the world map.

Another problem I'm having is putting the "time_multiplier = 0.1" in the module file to .25.  When I do this I then have problems on the world map, I can't move across the whole area like before.  It's like I hit a wall.

I'm sorry I should have asked first if you wanted to know about any bugs with this since it is a test mod.  :oops:

good bug catch

the lamellar_mtw43 is supposed to be lamellar_mtw_43.

open up the item_kinds.txt file, search for lamellar_mtw43 and change to lamellar_mtw_43.

that's a happy looking crew of throat cutters ya got there. maw

Thanks Maw

Do you happen to know why my banner won't show up (wolf), it does on the shields?  Also why can't I edit the time in the module without problems?  I'm using notepad should I get notepad++?  Oh hell I'll just grab it anyways to see if it helps. edit: Yup notepad++ allowed me to edit the module without any problems afterwards  :grin:

Here's a couple of shots of a battle start.  Oh and I edited it to try and make them look like miniatures  :wink:

My army:

and the bad guys, lol.

maw, what program did you use to create the ace-file? I thought I was covered by using 7zip since it takes care of both zip and rar (as well as a load of other formats) but obviously not ace... Could you perhaps not use that particular format, I don't think it's being used much by the more "casual" computer users, and stick with either zip or rar? :smile:

And Gerhart, what are your graphics settings on those screenshots? It totally looks like you have taken a photo of a tabletop miniature game, it looks awesome I must say! :smile:

Edit: I just ran a little "test" with 7zip to see which format would be more efficient to use... Using 7zip I tried both .7z and .zip with Ultra-compression and WinAce using .ace with Maximum-compression and got this result:

.7z = 85.8Mb
.ace = 124Mb
.zip = 155Mb (  :shock: )

Now, I don't know about you, but for me, smaller sized files =  :mrgreen: (It saves bandwidth for both you and the, in this case, MB-repository which, I'm pretty sure, has to pay for their bandwidth)

Ok, enough off-topic (  :shock: ), I'm gonna go to town with this release of yours, more items is always "teh goodest!"!  :grin:

Gerhart said:
Thanks Maw

Do you happen to know why my banner won't show up (wolf), it does on the shields?  Also why can't I edit the time in the module without problems?  I'm using notepad should I get notepad++?  Oh hell I'll just grab it anyways to see if it helps. edit: Yup notepad++ allowed me to edit the module without any problems afterwards  :grin:

Here's a couple of shots of a battle start.  Oh and I edited it to try and make them look like miniatures  :wink:

My army:

and the bad guys, lol.

how'd you do that, G?  me like. lots. what settings?

i... uh... started screwing with the banners but didn't finish. open up banners_maw.brf in the mod resource directory - you have to assign the new banners teture to the battle banner banner_a## as well as the mini wold map banner further on down the file,  arms_a##. seems like its totally screwed in the latest release, and show up black - but banners are wicked easy to edit. just pull up the banner dds file, send to editor, go to town.

didn't know it was in ace - i usually use zip, so i must not have checked the box. sorry. all in zip for future. i'm a zippy kinda guy. it was done in winace. Wanuvas - thanks for the info. i'm going to look into .7z based on your info.

I'm glad you guys like the pics, hobby of mine, virtual photography.  Usually I don't edit the pics but this game has a good look to do some experimenting in.  I'm just now learning Gimp.  I've done work in BF2/BF2142 + mods, ETQW, GTASA and COD4.

I don't have a very up-to-date system (time to build a new one) but it serves it's purpose, lol.  I run Mount & Blade with everything maxed out, including unlimited ragdolls and bodies but only 100 battle size.

System Specs:
Asus Motherboard
P4 3.2 Extreme
2 Gig system ram
BFG 7800GC/256 (yes it's AGP, lol)

Thanks Maw on the banner info, I'll try to figure that out.  By the way, do you have anything else in the works?

i do. i work on my little m3:sellsword mod, built around permadeath.

way back in the day, i made a mod that was the first to have player and npc death, followed by massive map, followed by more cities and castles, followed by a lot more. read up on the old sellsword thread.

i'm working it now. just buggy. in 960.

those pics interest me - how are they done, and is there any way to make the game graphics do them? maw

The pics are done by doing what is a "fake" tilt shift photo, actually it's just a simple lens blur that makes the illusion with some added touches.  ( I didn't do any thing else except the blur in my photos as it was an experiment )

The before photo

and the after photo ( I made it kind of obvious in this in order to see the blur better )

Here is a link to a tutorial that I learned from http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/photoshop-tutorial.php

I usually don't touch the pics I take in game but the first thing I thought of when I pulled the camera back was "miniatures"!! So I searched on how to reproduce that look and tilt-shift-photography came up.  It's used on the "real" environment but made to look like models.  Google for pics dealing with this and you will see some amazing things and I have seen a couple of videos now, really interesting.

I don't think that anything can actually be done in game except to add some type of blur to mimic speed.  Other than that I really don't know.

Here is one done entirely by the book  :wink:

Nope nothing special.

1024x768 32bits
Gamma                          2.28
Shadow Quality              Ultra High
Texture Detail                100%
Grass Density                  100%
Character Detail              High
Character Shadow Detail  High
# of Corpses                  Unlimited
# of Rag dolls                  Unlimited
Blood Stains                    On
Dynamic Lighting            Enabled
Character Shadows          Enabled
Environment Shadows      Enabled
Realistic Shadows Plants    Full
Partical Systems              Enabled
Anisotropic Filtering          Enabled
Fast Water Reflections      Enabled

19 inch CRT monitor, my personal taste as I don't care for how the new monitors look, plus I actually get better graphics with a CRT.

EDIT:  I was wondering if you know of a way to get rid of the words that you see in the next shot, bottom left corner.

I do the CTRL + h to remove other items but that "naming" is ruining my screen shots and I can't figure out how to disable it. 

Back
Top Bottom