Test_Mod 1003 for m&b v1.003

Users who are viewing this thread

maw

Sergeant Knight at Arms
TEST_MOD_1003 for 1.003

fixed bugs found, reported from v1002
fun edits by The Magelord - cattle herding, 50/50 capture Enemy Lord after battle, food item morale fix
This be it.  i don't think i'll be doing anything else with this unless another bug is reported. so, play your brains out, edit to hearts content.
if you like, give me good grades over at the repository.

HEY - THIS IS JUST A BASE FOR INTERESTED PEOPLE TO PLAY AROUND AND LOOK AT NEW ARMORS, SHIELDS, AND HORSES IN A 1.003 ENVIRONMENT.

the mod really has no purpose than to be a bucket for me to check out items. i had a coupla bonus tweaks, but if anything, its a non-mod mod. no extravagent units, scenes, or whatever - but, hell - mod them yourself using the Unoffical Troop Editor and m&b in game scene editor.

the items from Shield Pack, Horse Pack, and Armor Pack will be in a future version of m3:sellsword, whenever i get round to it. having few mods and limited items in vanilla 1.003 i released my test bed. so stop *****in' about the mod mechanics, troops, lack of crossbows and g-strings, overwhelming lack of large bosomed warrioresses or whatever.

and post your own screenshots. i'm pretending i'm beyond that, but i'm just busy.

sincerely, maw

size: 156 meg

Horse, Shield, and Armor Pack
Luigi's Weapons
Gluck's Maces

CREDITS:

courser_maw1-6 by maw from off the 'net

all textures created by others:

bur Burreck, (With Talent and Drive on Loan from God) M2TW
dav Lt Dave, M2TW
Eternal Cacoon, M2TW
com Lord Condormanius, outstanding skinner, M2TW Irish Skinpack, Scale, and misc armors
misc armor dds Musculus Maximus, M2TW
sadlle horse one through eight, select other horses - Chel's horse20 pack
Cataphract skins by DaBiggMan (rip)
rtw -- Horse Pack M2TW Argent Usher
Gluck's awesome Maces
DaBlade, for elegant engraved plates
Subatoi's female skin's
Luigi's Weapon Pack, pretty neato
cataphracts DaBiggMan (rip)
comp -  msic dds from Medieval II Total War site - will give specific credit as i sort it out
misc heraldry ie moline, checked, etc --- ??? will credit
misc hunters - Gallus
hadrim.dds - merlkir

now with over 300 Armor, 450 shields, 160 Horse - not all are in game, but the full Armor, Horse and Shield packs are in this mod.

m3 tweaks to units.

i'll eventually credit everyone, but i've misplaced my notes... so if anyone sees anything, pm me

extract and play - i recommend you edit with Unoffical Troop Editor for your own taste. maw

ps: i'll release the Horse and Armor Packs updated, with a text file that allows you to append to m&b, with directions on how to do it.... i can't wait for the official python stuff - my fingers and brain is about burnt.

DOWNLOAD:   https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=898

is this save game compatible?
And where is the unofficial troops editor?
And how I install these?

1. save game may not be compatible
2. unofical troops editor https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=3&id=709
3. download and open/move to m&b Modules folder using Winace or Winzip.

maw

nice items it would be alot of fun if the colours wernt so bright. wow.  :shock: I just cant handle a neon orange soldier charging me, maybe it because i run directX7 on this old laptop.

great job on the long bow, much more realistic.

Ok, I love this stuff, thanks maw for all the work...but. :smile: Is this rebooting anyone Else's system?

I've had my system get rebooted three times now while playing a game using this module.  Also, many of the textures show up as garbage/scrambled on armor and horses. 

The first reboot came after I was shopping for a new horse, I was looking at the horses a couple/few of the textures were all garbage/scrambled, I decided not to buy a new horse, went back to the main shopping screen, then back to the world map, as soon as the screen loaded (the world travel map) my comp rebooted.

The second reboot came the same way, but I was looking at armor and a few textures were scrambled as well.

The third reboot came the same way too, but this time I went from the horse buying screen to the arms buying screen and wham-o, reboot.

I have also gotten a couple error pop-up with something about texture not loaded or found or what have you.

I do have to say though, when in combat and playing in 3rd person mode, everything looks and feels great, I love the tweaks to the horses, feels a lot more real.  I grew up with horses, you don't know how fast those buggers can go until you have one blow past you, the in game feel is very similar to RL now, nice work.

huh. sounds more like a graphics card related issue -

i'm not dropping out... and i've got about 20 hours on this, at least. 64mg Nvidia on a 2ghz HP 5200 notebook.

its not so much a reboot, but when you can't find a mesh or texture, the game minimizes for me, and a little rgl box pops up describing the failure... i ignore, and it pops back up...

does this reboot your computer, or drop you from the game to desktop? at the very worse, the mod would kick you down the desktop - anything else seems to be a memory or hardware issue. maw

Tried this out for the first time. These are my initial thoughts.
I started out in Rhodok lands, and hired a few recruits. Spotted a group of 14 looters, apparently led by a mercenary swordsman - cool!
Expecting a fairly easy victory, I charged forward. I was greeted by a bolt to the head, and was instantly knocked out!
I love the new skins - looks really great! The game is very hard now, which is frustrating, but also quite rewarding when you get a sence of success.
I'm not sure I like the new archery. Rapidfire, tons of damage and low accuracy. While it is entertaining to 1-shot-kill enemies at level 3, it really feels like it makes a battle depend far more on luck, than on skill.
Also, I noticed that my troops didn't get their equipment upgraded when I upgraded them. My Rhodok Crossbowmen/trained Crossbowmen/Sharpshooters were still only equipped with a spear. I thought this would be a bug, but reading through some of the old threads here, it seems it was intentional, that you're supposed to provide your men with equipment. However, I have no idea as of how to do that? There's no readme, and no option to do so during conversation with your men.
This seems like a really cool mod, and one that I would really like to like. However at the moment, I'm feeling more frustrated than entertained.

hey, kambe - could yoau be more specific on what ya  don't like?

Perxx - this is a test mod - a base to play around with. you can change what you want through the txt files.

as far as the troops go - they can be edited through the unofficial troop editor to be whatever you want. i haven't seen the python to do any real modding yet for 1.0 so... i can't implement a lot easily. the rhodoks have little tweaks as they climb, as other troops do, but they pretty much maintain their equipment only getting improved skills and profeciencies. i dunno if i'll ever get around to implementing a troop equipment customizer -  i got other things i'm messing with.

this is just a mod that allows you to see armors, horses, and shields, as well as allow you to mess around with something in 1.0 if you want. enjoy. maw

well, the thing I don't like in the mod is that horses are moving so damn fast, and warriors are running fast too, and the damage the weapons do is too high, especially for arrows, but textures are nice

nerex said:
Any screenshots?

sure, i could email it to someone if they want to post it or review the issue. nothing important, It just seems that all the great new armours and horses have very bright colours and 2d texture. the mod itself is fantstic, the options seem never ending in each new market.

maw said:
hey, kambe - could yoau be more specific on what ya  don't like?

Perxx - this is a test mod - a base to play around with. you can change what you want through the txt files.

as far as the troops go - they can be edited through the unofficial troop editor to be whatever you want. i haven't seen the python to do any real modding yet for 1.0 so... i can't implement a lot easily. the rhodoks have little tweaks as they climb, as other troops do, but they pretty much maintain their equipment only getting improved skills and profeciencies. i dunno if i'll ever get around to implementing a troop equipment customizer -  i got other things i'm messing with.

this is just a mod that allows you to see armors, horses, and shields, as well as allow you to mess around with something in 1.0 if you want. enjoy. maw

Ah, I see then.
I must say, personally, I wouldn't want you to work hard at getting a troop equipment costumizer working. It deffinatly makes most sense to me, that the men would arm themselves, rather than you having to do so. The vast majority of troops bought their own equipment, back in the medieval days anyway. You could perhaps make a visit to the smithy in a ciry, and upgrade a Crossbow man, to a Wellarmed Crossbowman, giving him some better equipment. But, a crossbowman should always have a crossbow!

Battleground tweaks, like what you did to the archery should also probably be kept to a minimum. It might be more realistic, but it should be a fine balance between realism, balance and fun. Battles really are one of the few things vanilla M&B got spot on!

Your unit tweaks might be quite entertaining, it took me a while to get started, seeing as you changed the looters from easy startup training, to something that resembles caravans, in regards of challenge and loot. It makes the start very difficult, with you being far below anything in the foodchain. It did make finally beating them seem like an achievement. Can most certainly scare away some of the more casual players from the mod. I kind of like it though! First time in a loong time, I've spend time training my troops at the training camp :smile:

As for the graphics, the new armors, horses and shields, those are absolutly amazing! Deffinatly a great improvement over vanilla.

Are you keeping an eye on other mods such as these? They might be well worth adding, if the modders would allow that.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,33467.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46490.0.html

@maw - Well my box is a bit old I'll admit that, but I have absolutely no issues with other games, say like Spore, Madden 08, The Sims (with a crap load of custom stuff) and Warhammer Online Beta plays fine as well.  I also use a number of proprietary 3D design software packages from companies I do contract work for, all of which run great.

Honestly I do not think it's your mod, but I wanted to post here just in case there was something you could think of or maybe missed when you released it.  I do notice this game uses a lot of memory and resources, it could be that with your extra textures my box might just be getting overwhelmed here and there.  (sigh) Been putting off upgrading too, damn. :smile:

Thanks for responding anyway maw and if you can think of anything please let me know.

the mem issue seems to be it... if a lot of stuff is running, and you load up m&b at 180+megs, and another 200+megs with this mod, i can see a drag what with windows, anti-spywhere, etc. particularly if its managing a lotta graphics.

you can always delete those meshes from the item_kinds1, and remove the texture/material addresses from the brf load up, so that it reduces the resource requirement. maw

What I dont like is that it makes no sense of having all those coat of arms and all that stuff, it seems too colorful for me. Its like 1 shield with 99 colorful options. I do like the weapons. also whats the deal with all that colorful horses, come on I mean a Portuguese symbols makes no sense, Polish coat of arms seems nice, but it also makes no sense. Also I like the Black armor but how about a whole black set + black themed warhorse?! When I made my army it seemed like some1 randomly choose the colors so the horses and shields mismatched.

kambe9000 said:
What I dont like is that it makes no sense of having all those coat of arms and all that stuff, it seems too colorful for me. Its like 1 shield with 99 colorful options. I do like the weapons. also whats the deal with all that colorful horses, come on I mean a Portuguese symbols makes no sense, Polish coat of arms seems nice, but it also makes no sense. Also I like the Black armor but how about a whole black set + black themed warhorse?! When I made my army it seemed like some1 randomly choose the colors so the horses and shields mismatched.

dude... get the Unofficial Troop Editor, and go to town.

learn how to hand-jam in item_kinds.txt and change everything you want.

this is a testmod, for new items. in that respect, you seem to have identified exactly whats in it - colorful horses, shields, and armor. maw

Back
Top Bottom