Test to quantify impact of 'send troops' on experience gain

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys, I did a test to see how much the option to 'send troops to battle' influences the experience gain of units and came to some interesting conclusions. I started a new game to ensure my character had as little influence on the result due to skills as possible and went for a battle where I had 10 sturgian recruits against 7 looters.

The results for the autoresolve were:

fight 1: 6 upgrades, 8 wounded
fight 2: 7 upgrades, 6 wounded
fight 3: 7 upgrades, 6 wounded

The results for fighting the battle manually were totally different however:

Fight 1 (I put the units on delegated command to simulate the AI leading them, it gave them a simple charge command at the start of the battle): 2 upgrades, 1 wounded
Fight 2 (gave a manual charge command): 2 upgrades, 1 wounded
Fight 3 (didn't give any commands, let the enemy approach and my units chase them themselves): 2 upgrades, 1 dead

Now, a couple of things can be concluded from this: first of all, casualties, at least in this scenario, are higher than manual battle, but exp is proportionally increased as well though there shouldn't be any reason for this to be the case. A thing that is unique to looters is also that they don't actually kill your units if you use 'send to battle'. I've done this way more times with different characters and never have I truly lost a unit (dead) to looters when using 'send to battle'. What this leads to is that looters are pretty much a sure-fire, borderline cheat, way to rapidly level your troops. I have no clue how the autoresolve is calculated, but I'd like to just mention this 'bug' as it is something that should be patched once the more gamebreaking and vital problems have been sorted out.

If your tactics skill is low then you will suffer higher casualties in simulated battles..

High tactics would lower you casualties significantly

Haha, with the amount of patching they still need to do I don't think you'll have to hurry. You have to admit it's kinda broken though :razz: .

Fingers crossed. Getting these “Swabian knights” is making me get fatigue.

Yeah most certainly but also, tbf, if I was in scene fighting the battle I would be very cheesed off to loose more than 1 recruit if the numbers were evenish.

Ps
Love the game

Back
Top Bottom