Resolved Scene Editor Terrain height in base-game scenes does not display correctly

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.2
Branch
Main
Summary: Terrain in the Scene Editor does not display with height and is completely flat at the 0 level, below the water. The textures still display correctly, as I found in wireframe mode, but the terrain height is gone. Only tested with base game scenes Main_map, bandit_forest, forest_hideout_002 and forest_hideout_003. This bug only began occurring yesterday, and before then I was able to edit and open scenes with no issues whatsoever.
How to Reproduce: Start the editor, open a base game scene such as one of the above mentioned, and wait for it to load. In my case it has no height.
Specific Tool: Scene Editor
Media (Screenshots & Video): Image 1 - Main_map - This example shows the bug with the Main_map scene. The terrain editor was open because I was investigating the issue, everything shown is completely unedited.
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 26.21.14.4614, dated 5/15/2020
CPU: Intel Pentium G4560
RAM: 8 Gb (not sure about clock speed or model at this time)
Motherboard: MSI B250 PRO-VD
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Toshiba DT01ACA100

Clarification: All loaded game files during my encounter with this bug were unmodded, however I do have unrelated custom modules in my game directory.

We only sent the terrain edit data for a subset of the scenes. The current list should be:
empire_village_003
khuzait_castle_002
sturgia_town_b
battle_terrain_v
Main_map

It is normal for the other scenes to be at 0 level.

You can also find out about the existence of terrain edit data by checking whether there is a folder with the scene name inside the MODULE_NAME\SceneEditData folder.
Happy modding :smile:

We only sent the terrain edit data for a subset of the scenes. The current list should be:
empire_village_003
khuzait_castle_002
sturgia_town_b
battle_terrain_v
Main_map

It is normal for the other scenes to be at 0 level.

You can also find out about the existence of terrain edit data by checking whether there is a folder with the scene name inside the MODULE_NAME\SceneEditData folder.
Happy modding :smile:
Ok, thank you very much! This data must've been lost for the Main_map scene, because I was able to open it in the past. Would you recommend any ways of getting it back?

Also, if I may, is there a specific reason that the rest of the scenes' terrain data hasn't been released (copyright, etc) or is it to save on filesize/beta reasons?

Thank you, again!

Ok, thank you very much! This data must've been lost for the Main_map scene, because I was able to open it in the past. Would you recommend any ways of getting it back?

Also, if I may, is there a specific reason that the rest of the scenes' terrain data hasn't been released (copyright, etc) or is it to save on filesize/beta reasons?

Thank you, again!
I'm wondering this as well.

Back
Top Bottom