Tercio Viejo de Cartagena

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchel

Master Knight
Tercio Viejo de Cartagena

foto7rec2.jpg

The members of 4º Regimiento de La Coruña, the 11º Regimiento de Infantería Ligera Campo Mayor and the Celtic tribe Astures (Nova Simulatio Comunity) are glad to present the brave Tercio of Cartagena, known too as one of the Tercio de Spinola ( :cool:).

banderita.png
tambor2.png

arcabucero2.png

oficial1k.png

The Name
The name comes from a little period when they were stationed, recruited and trained in that Province of Spain, Cartagena. But the true name is unknown, is believed to be the Tercio of Spinola

The Tercio could participate in many battles as the siege of Breda, Nördlingen and Rocroi the last battle were the Tercios participated with that denomination. Also a Spanish author Arturo Perez Reverte, has written about the Tercio and the famous Captain Alatriste.

General History

The Tercios were a legendary unit of the Spanish Monarchy between the XVI and the XVII century. They earned the reputation of the best infantry of the time, they were feared even in the retreat, marching slowly but confident, spitting fire with muskets and pistols, fighting in mele with pikes, swords, and vizcainas (a larger dagger).

They defended their banners with their lives (Known stories of lieutenants who have held the flags with his teeth after losing arms) and played the drum with courage and fervour. Always willing to die selling their lives dearly.

Organization

The internal organization of a Tercio was complex:

The minimum unit was a squad that, an amount of 30 men ruled by a corporal, 10 squads formed a  company  led by a captain all the captains had to be Spanish and selected by the King. Inside the company there were a ensign who carried the flag, a sergeant  who keeps the order in the formation, and other auxiliary ranks, like priest, drummer, furrier, doctors, etc. Ten of this companies formed a Tercio ruled by a Maestre de Campo.

A company could be formed only by pikemen, or musketeers. There were too mixed companies which had pikemen and musketeers who could form a square by themselves or deploying the fusiliers as a skirmish unit for cover the company.

Equipment

The soldiers wore just a pants, a leather doublet, two shirts and stockings, and a couple of shoes. Each man receives a gun (pikes, swords, crossbows...) from the King, but they had to pay them. After that each soldier could pay for new equipment, or just loot it.
By the other hand the food was excellent, they ate fresh meat, fish eggs and  drunk a good wine.

Tactics

In combat the troop formed up into compact squares which easily rejected the cavalry and fought skillfully combined with the rest of the army.

This tactic was used in the open field, transmitting orders through the sergeants, sergeant major and company officers, who moved  the troops. All movements are performed in absolute silence,  only at the time of the crash was allowed to play drums and yell "Santiago!" Or "Spain!". That was a chilling vision.

Ranks

- Recruits:

- Voluntario - Volunteer - Vol - TercioCartagena_Vol
  - Miliciano - Militiaman - Mil - TercioCartagena_Mil

- Regular:

- Piquero - Pikeman - Piq - TercioCartagena_Piq
  - Arcabucero - Musketeer - Arc - TercioCartagena_Arc

- NCO:

-  Cabo - Corporal - Cbo - TercioCartagena_Cbo
  -  Sargento - Sergeant - Sgt - TercioCartagena_Sgt

- Officers:

- Alférez - 2nd Lieutenant - Alf - TercioCartagena_Alf
  - Capitán - Captain - Cpt - TercioCartagena_Cpt

Roster

listntropaterciocartage.png

We update the list every week

Training

We start training every Saturday at 15:30 Gtm and we finish at 17:30 Gtm and half and hour before that battle.

We are enlisting every one who can speak a Spanish

Uniform

terciosvestimenta3.png

Wear what ever you want from this picture  :razz:

Code:
Nombre de personaje dentro del juego:
Experiencia en el Warband (mods, otros regimientos, etc.):

Contact with use here: http://www.novasimulatio.tk/
or adding me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007316647

Ajajajaj Thank you very munch Viccard, I have to correct that, my Pc key board has the "o" quiet broken. I hope see you in the battlefield.

Que Dios este con vos señor, doy mi voluntad ante este regimiento a unirme y dar la solvencia y fuerza venida por Dios a hacer de este regimiento una fuerza imparable, si vos me aceptais como voluntario de este regimiento...Con tal ímpetu me ofrezco como voluntario y vos habreis de aceptarme como tal, sirviendo a la corte Española, saludos de parte de DonAlbertoDeLaVega...

:lol:

Leonidas300 said:
Que Dios este con vos señor, doy mi voluntad ante este regimiento a unirme y dar la solvencia y fuerza venida por Dios a hacer de este regimiento una fuerza imparable, si vos me aceptais como voluntario de este regimiento...Con tal ímpetu me ofrezco como voluntario y vos habreis de aceptarme como tal, sirviendo a la corte Española, saludos de parte de DonAlbertoDeLaVega...

Que vuestra merced sea bienvenida a esta gloriosa compañía, doy por seguro que con vos y los nuestros mediante, este Tercio será imparable. Su Majestad el Rey quedará complacida de ver engrosar nuestro Ejercito.

:lol: Bienvenido te agrego a Steam (agrega a TerciCartagena Capitán Michel) y te cuento como va la cosa. Mientras si quieres registrarte en nuestra web: http://www.regimientoartilleria.net46.net/index.php/foro

// Welcome.

Os doy las gracias su señoria, que Dios nos libre el camino hacia la gloria y la victoria para la Corte Española, saludos.

Vale, heheheee...

Happy to be part of this Tercio, be sure that we are good soldiers, we never will be afraid if Tercio march in column. And don't forget, this is a Spanish Tercio.

Un saludo.

Deberiamos de unir las fuerzas para congregar una fuerza letal y así dar caza a los inutiles de los demás regimientos muahahahahaha...  :twisted:

Hola xD4RKx, claro que puedes unirte, pasate por www.4regimientoartilleria.tk y registrate, en breve te mandaremos un privado para que te pases por el TeamSpeak, y te explicaremos lo de Steam, ya que puedes utilizarlo sin comprar juegos, es decir te lo bajas, te haces una cuenta y añades tu juego a steam, sin problemas.

Un saludo.

Vrael_ said:
Mitchel said:
Denkar and Tenerife have been promoted to engineers. Congratulations guys  :mrgreen:

Let the blunderbuss-spam begin!

They are just for siege and canons, only an engineer can use blunderbuss, the other one or musket or simply a sword and a shovel. Don't worry we hate spam.  :wink:

Nice linebattle guys It was fantastic!! I really enjoyed it. And awesome training gentles.

Todo a sido perfecto muchachos, y gran entrenamiento, para ser el primero ha sido fabuloso chicos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom