SP - General Temporary Camp - Make an enemy stationary for a day/half a day

Users who are viewing this thread

JA55

Regular
Hey folks.

I've noticed that the big problem in the game is with hunting enemies on the world map. It feels like playing a Pacman and it looks too darn silly.
There is a simple solution to this craziness.

This is the view from me playing on "Realistic" settings.

Bandits or enemies don't have to be 100% of the time on foot. Let them rest in the camp and give players the possibility to reach them without too much trouble. (Make them stationary for the day / half a day)
Small camp icon above their head to indicate their state.

A Party of 500 troops or more should be easily noticed as it is right now. However, with the smaller number, we shouldn't run upside-down whole map to reach an enemy party of 10 soldiers.

EDIT:

Raid penalty - Unable to move 1 day
-To prevent hit and run from both AI and player.
(Lord raiding your village with bigger speed is impossible to catch)

Alternative:
Unable to spot any enemy around you when raiding.

Last edited:
+1
AI and player party (max25-50) could be hidden and deploy ambushes, depending on the scouting level of the part they can spot them too...

Campaignmap- stamina.
Parties can't run forever
Camp/rest to recover it
Walk/March/Run modes. March unlocked or boosted with leadership/tactics and is more stamina- economic than running.

Extension: Different foodstuff boosts different aspects. I´m no dietist but some might boost runspeed, other march or even walk speed, others improves recoveryspeed etc....

Campaignmap- stamina.
Parties can't run forever
Camp/rest to recover it
Walk/March/Run modes. March unlocked or boosted with leadership/tactics and is more stamina- economic than running.

Extension: Different foodstuff boosts different aspects. I´m no dietist but some might boost runspeed, other march or even walk speed, others improves recoveryspeed etc....
+1

Hey folks.

I've noticed that the big problem in the game is with hunting enemies on the world map. It feels like playing a Pacman and it looks too darn silly.
There is a simple solution to this craziness.

This is the view from me playing on "Realistic" settings.

Bandits or enemies don't have to be 100% of the time on foot. Let them rest in the camp and give players the possibility to reach them without too much trouble. (Make them stationary for the day / half a day)
Small camp icon above their head to indicate their state.

A Party of 500 troops or more should be easily noticed as it is right now. However, with the smaller number, we shouldn't run upside-down whole map to reach an enemy party of 10 soldiers.

EDIT:

Raid penalty - Unable to move 1 day
-To prevent hit and run from both AI and player.
(Lord raiding your village with bigger speed is impossible to catch)

Alternative:
Unable to spot any enemy around you when raiding.

after big battle, shouldnt just be disorganized, but a few hour penalty before can move again (for armies).

Back
Top Bottom