Temporary Camp - Make an enemy stationary for a day/half a day

Currently viewing this thread:

JA55

Recruit
Hey folks.

I've noticed that the big problem in the game is with hunting enemies on the world map. It feels like playing a Pacman and it looks too darn silly.
There is a simple solution to this craziness.

This is the view from me playing on "Realistic" settings.

Bandits or enemies don't have to be 100% of the time on foot. Let them rest in the camp and give players the possibility to reach them without too much trouble. (Make them stationary for the day / half a day)
Small camp icon above their head to indicate their state.

A Party of 500 troops or more should be easily noticed as it is right now. However, with the smaller number, we shouldn't run upside-down whole map to reach an enemy party of 10 soldiers.

EDIT:

Raid penalty - Unable to move 1 day
-To prevent hit and run from both AI and player.
(Lord raiding your village with bigger speed is impossible to catch)

Alternative:
Unable to spot any enemy around you when raiding.

Last edited:

bchv

Recruit
+1
AI and player party (max25-50) could be hidden and deploy ambushes, depending on the scouting level of the part they can spot them too...

Tryvenyal

Sergeant at Arms
Campaignmap- stamina.
Parties can't run forever
Camp/rest to recover it
Walk/March/Run modes. March unlocked or boosted with leadership/tactics and is more stamina- economic than running.

Extension: Different foodstuff boosts different aspects. I´m no dietist but some might boost runspeed, other march or even walk speed, others improves recoveryspeed etc....

JA55

Recruit
Campaignmap- stamina.
Parties can't run forever
Camp/rest to recover it
Walk/March/Run modes. March unlocked or boosted with leadership/tactics and is more stamina- economic than running.

Extension: Different foodstuff boosts different aspects. I´m no dietist but some might boost runspeed, other march or even walk speed, others improves recoveryspeed etc....
+1

kreamy

Veteran
Hey folks.

I've noticed that the big problem in the game is with hunting enemies on the world map. It feels like playing a Pacman and it looks too darn silly.
There is a simple solution to this craziness.

This is the view from me playing on "Realistic" settings.

Bandits or enemies don't have to be 100% of the time on foot. Let them rest in the camp and give players the possibility to reach them without too much trouble. (Make them stationary for the day / half a day)
Small camp icon above their head to indicate their state.

A Party of 500 troops or more should be easily noticed as it is right now. However, with the smaller number, we shouldn't run upside-down whole map to reach an enemy party of 10 soldiers.

EDIT:

Raid penalty - Unable to move 1 day
-To prevent hit and run from both AI and player.
(Lord raiding your village with bigger speed is impossible to catch)

Alternative:
Unable to spot any enemy around you when raiding.

after big battle, shouldnt just be disorganized, but a few hour penalty before can move again (for armies).

Top Bottom