Temples in Bannerlord?!

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont know if anybody asked that already, but the 1.7.0 introduced Public Speakers Charm 225 Perk says the following:

Bild-2022-06-20-092444161.png

10% more effective arena and temple. what are the effects from both of them? I cannot find them anywhere. it's a governor perk so i guess you have to find those buildings in a town. will they be added later on the road or do i miss something?

What even are all those effects?

As for temples, more than likely it's just going to be a settlement construction that gives +5 loyalty or something. If they're feeling benevolent we might get a temple scene to play blackjack with the bishop in. Again I'd like to be surprised but... but I'm bloody well not gonna be.

As for temples, more than likely it's just going to be a settlement construction that gives +5 loyalty or something.

loyalty is already provided by fairgrounds as building and festivals as daily project.
a temple can lean towards higher effect of cultures and arena for higher experience gain for militia or prisoner->garrisson conversion. just as example.

it's a secret only people who are actually playing the game can discover. it's like the secret of the isla de muerta.

f811fda67e22a6921551115f4d952fc1.gif

loyalty is already provided by fairgrounds as building and festivals as daily project.
a temple can lean towards higher effect of cultures and arena for higher experience gain for militia or prisoner->garrisson conversion. just as example.
or something
Point being it's not going to be a complex and immersive addition to the campaign - like assigning your own bishop or a proper episcopal hierarchy or launching wars of religion or holding mass or even a visual in-game indication of its existence. It's just an arbitrary boost to an arbitrary number just so they can get away with declaring that they've "implemented religion" in the next quasi-****post of a patch thread.
it's a secret only people who are actually playing the game can discover. it's like the secret of the isla de muerta.
But of course. Everyone knows you haven't been playing Bannerlord until you've farmed 200+ charm all the while watching your precious youth waste away on the reflection of your monitor.

Point being it's not going to be a complex and immersive addition to the campaign - like assigning your own bishop or a proper episcopal hierarchy or launching wars of religion or holding mass or even a visual in-game indication of its existence. It's just an arbitrary boost to an arbitrary number just so they can get away with declaring that they've "implemented religion" in the next quasi-****post of a patch thread.

But of course. Everyone knows you haven't been playing Bannerlord until you've farmed 200+ charm all the while watching your precious youth waste away on the reflection of your monitor.
you do you.

I am pretty sure its just a conceptual thing rather than visible. Even though there are a few references to the myths and cults scattered around the lore, there are still no religion/belief mechanics in the game. It looks pretty unlikely for temples to actually show up in the game in the future

This might be just left over from a time way early in the development.
I mean this is a mod made by Bloc and in its description page it says:
This mod adds lore-friendly religions into the game. They are all inspired from Bannerlord's lore (in-game and cut-content) and real-life religions.
There are lots of things in the game files which will not see the light of the day. At least, officially.

? ? ?
It just boots the buildings you can build/upgrade or?

As for temples, more than likely it's just going to be a settlement construction that gives +5 loyalty or something. If they're feeling benevolent we might get a temple scene to play blackjack with the bishop in. Again I'd like to be surprised but... but I'm bloody well not gonna be.
Buildings give passive daily effects or static + stats, some effect the settlement and some effect the owners. Fairgrounds gives a static + loyalty to the settlement. Forum gives daily + influence to the owner. Festivals are a daily default activity that give plus loyalty, you can run one daily activity whenever you are not building anything else.
So for temple and arena, assuming it's not a oversight it could be new building you upgrade, or new passive daily too, since the perk seems to cover both types.

Would be cool if it was a place to go to if you accumulated alot of negative reputation, like raiding villages too much, which would offer consequences like being susceptible to execution without consequence for the enactor of the punishment, or less likely to be appointed/supported for fiefs. Another consequence could be being unable to recruit from villages allowing for a more genuine bandit playthrough in that you either had to threaten to gain troops from villages or from bandit encounters (and maybe hideouts). As well as a new notable character that would represent your culture and be removed/added on conquest of a town or castle.

I am pretty sure its just a conceptual thing rather than visible. Even though there are a few references to the myths and cults scattered around the lore, there are still no religion/belief mechanics in the game. It looks pretty unlikely for temples to actually show up in the game in the future
this perk was implemented with the 1.7.0 update which has been released a half of a year -2 patches- ago. if that concept is getting shown more than one year after start of early access, then it could be possible that the thoughts around whatever concept are not finished and filed yet.

tbf it could also be possible that the dev just forgot to delete that line of text ? and that's exactly why iam asking that question.

it's uncertain if a temple building in the game is going to be linked with religion, culture, or something around that topic. so i wouldnt say it has to be connected with a completely new mechanic, even if it would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom