Users who are viewing this thread

TempleLord

Recruit
They should add a crusade option or add a Templar’s faction where you have to prove yourself worthy of god and not commit any sins. When your a Templar you can only use Templar brother knights or Templar recruits. You’ll have to worry about each solder because you’ll have a limited amount of them before the Temple can find and train more recruits.(Note these solders should be a little overpowered compared to a regular infantry man but you have a limited amount of them) And if you sin or do an unholy act you’ll get banished from the brotherhood. This should be added as a DLC or in a future update. Forgot, add the pope and religion effects.

That's a very romantic view of what real life crusaders were actually like. Also as far as I can tell, religion in Bannerlord, or even Warband is something very poorly developed. Crusades and jihads wouldn't really fit.

I agree with HalfMetalJacket. The Clan system works ok as it is, but trying to structure a religious based Clan hierarchy would be an issue I think.
Also the whole Bannerlord world culture appears to be based on the Early Middle Ages, after the fall of Rome and before the Crusades occured.

My last point would be that while I'm all for slaughtering an enemy army because their lord wasn't polite during his/her opening dialogue with me, or because he bullied and robbed villagers under my protection. Doing it because he isn't deemed 'pious enough' or because they have different beliefs altogether, just doesn't sit right with me as an enjoyable scenario.

I know that there is some 'cool' factor about Crusader troops, can't disagree, and just like with the Warband mod: Medieval Conquests there were several Militant Orders ingame (which I would try and collect and hoard all of them that I could rescue when captive).

I don't think this would fit well with what TW is going for.

Don't worry, there will be a mod for it. Just like there will be for Lord of the Rings. Its inevitable.

Back
Top Bottom