Second Weapon Slot: Battleshield
Third Weapon Slot: Double Sided Lance
Fourth Weapon Slot: -none-

Helmet: Guard Helmet
Armor : Coat of Plates
Shoes: Mail Boots
Horse : Heavy Charger

Ally with : Vaegirs

The idea behind John was to learn how the play the game and then make a new character with a more unique concept. What really happened was that I got so hooked my first time out that I'm still playing the guy. He's a leader, primarily, that can also mix it up when he needs to. Not flexible enough to really excel in tournaments he more than makes up for it in leadership and tactical skill on the battlefield.

Currently he's thrown in with the Vaegirs and commands a rather long lived contingent of knights that varies between 12-20 or so. Lately he's been involved in some unconventional recruiting and experimenting with troop types including Dark Hunters, Dark Knights and Shield Sisters. Most of his income is looted from Swabian caravans or taken off the corpses of bandits and raiders elsewhere. While he doesn't mind a tough fight keeping his forces intact has become a priority and it's rare he'll deliberately face down a potent enemy force. Vaegir merchants owe him quite a few favors for deeds he's done for them on his climb to the top but now he's more focused on his military duties with the nobility.

What the future holds remains to be seen but many have overheard the mercenary commander suggest a force comprised entirely of Dark Knights would, under his command, be nigh unbeatable. But putting together such a contingent would be the work of a lifetime...

Damn. Nairagorn is still probably attractive.

My character for the sake of not hijacking the thread:

Abraham

Level 46 (freaking 290 days)

20 ST
24 AG
16 IN
12 CH

Maxed riding, horse archery, and weapon master; high pathfinding, wound treatment, surgery, and first aid with hero characters; some ironflesh, powerdraw and melee.

360 Archery and 320 Two handers, roughly

I use Reinforced Black Armor and Greaves, but I'm stylish and wear a green Wool Hat. I ride a spirited Hunter most of the time, with spirited coursers as backup. I wield a war bow with six bags of bodkins and alternate between a Balanced Sword of War and a Heavy Great Axe.

I kill tons of enemies in combat. Like Captain Gloriosus in A Funny Thing Happened On My Way to the Forum. Seriously. I am very proficient with the bow; I'm finding that jumping on horseback just before firing is a surefire way to nail headshots every time from most angles because it defies terrain.

I use Swadian men though i am allied with Vaegirs, and have trained up 35 Swadian Knights. My relations with Swadians is -100 and I take on anything that comes my way if the party is sub 60 men.

Name: Heirophant
Former Profession: Merchant
Level: 26

First Weapon Slot: Double Tipped Lance
Second Weapon Slot: Heather Shield
Third Weapon Slot: Nomad Bow
Fourth Weapon Slot: Large Bag of +3 arrows

Helmet: Spiked Helm
Armor : Coat of Plates
Shoes: Reinforced Mail Boots
Horse : Spirited Courser, Spirited Hunter

Ally with : Swadians

A brutal merchant, he considers his troops a means to an end, and that end is nobility, power, and money. He uses his two main supporters as living shields in a fight, attracting the enemy until he can pepper them with arrows or run them down with his lance. His most formidable ability seems to be cutting the enemy's mounts down from beneath them with a lance charge, and letting his troops clean up what's left, while staying relatively safe from harm.

His merchanting ways haven't been left behind, and he will happily throw away most of his entire force for a bit of goods, knowing that replacements are just a trade or two away and a few days of travel. What he can't defeat with skill, he'll defeat with numbers.

Vaegir caravans are one of the few units he won't touch, but Bandits are unforgiven. Any form of bandit, if his army is with him, is considered fair game, and never shall any extortion be taken unless there is a specific purpose. That purpose, usually, is some pretty little maiden he's just rescued from other bandits that he's afraid to have marred before he gets her back in his tent that night.

With his caravan of over 12 pack horses, all heavy or spirited mounts of saddle horses or better, he's not one to want for comfort, or a ride. Should any of his rides fall, they're just as liable to be food as to be the cost for his next set of velvet.

Currie Knight
Court Lady
Current Level 5
Pale yellow hair, large bright eyes, small nose and short chins. Her skin is a little tan for her love of outdoors

Background:
Currie is raised in a family of soldiers and warriors. The Knight family has served Kingdom of Passau for generations. Her father, Philip Knight, is the master trainer of Royal Calavy of High Mountians. Knight family is respected throughout the Kingdom, not only for their loyality, but their contributions to the prosperity of Kingdom. Currie's grandfather, for example, dies during Battle of Raven Clove, the decisive battle against the invasion of Glac Hoth.

Currie is the youngest of her three elder brothers. However, after her eldest brother, James, died in a fighting with Donauworth Raiders when she was only two, Philip decided that his prized and beautiful daughter should not take the path of family tradition. For all these years, Currie was taught to read, write, music, and manners so as to become a lady that fits well in the upper society. Also as a move to increase family presitage, Philip has arranged, on her behalf, marriage proposal between Currie with Fredrick Rice, youngest son of Gabriel Rice when they reach eighteen. Gabriel is the most trusted advisor in the court.

May be it is the family blood, Currie however, finds Fredrick Rice a totally uninteresting and dull person who is inert and reads most of the time. Instead, she is more interested outdoors activities which her father tries keeping away from her. Since she was ten, she befriends "Uncle Mansfield", a servant who has served under her grandfather before. Mansfield used to tell stories about her grandfather and for the love of her, he secretly teaches Currie all she wants to know: swordplay, horse-riding, and how to use a crossbow. Even though she thinks crossbow is not such an elegant weapon, Mansfield tells her how effective a crossbow can be in fighting.

As she becomes fifteen, her passion to adventure through the land gets so strong, she asks Fredrick, for the love of her, gives her a spirited courser so that she can travel around. When her father Philip eventually finds her acting against his will, Currie is locked up. Currie is rebellious, she manages to sneak out of her room. With the help of Mansfield, she got a watered steel dagger, a light crossbow, a bag of blots, a pack of smoked fish, of course her beloved horse "Snowie" and leave the house where she grows up all the years.

Her escape angers Philip. He sents his own men to seek out her run-away daughter. Philip also asks the guards throughout the land to help. Realizing her chance of escape is dim, she mixes herself with a group of merchants, who seeks fortune in the land Calradia, leaving the Kingdom on a ship. When she arrives at the town Zendar, she doesn't realize she is about to experience the biggest adventure in her life...

(If there is ever her story in M&B, her father's men would somehow arrive at Calradia to bring her home)

What she likes:
- Wandering. One of her favourite past-time. She enjoys nature and gets close to it.
- Hunting. First as part of her weapons training, she sees hunting also part of her adventures.
- Tossing rock over water. Whenever she is low and dull, this helps to forget her troubles for a while.
- Brushing her horse. She is proud when her Snowie is white and shining.

What she doesn't like:
- Half-naked men. What she refers as "bad taste pond scum". She hates them even more when they are hostile : so they serve as pirority targets.
- Untidy backpack. She would feel annoyed when she finds her (and other's) backpack not quite in order.
- Knocked out by a named warrior in arena. Especially whom she eventually met back at the tarven and gets laughed at.

At the time of writing:
Currie has finished training by the master trainer at Zendar where she learns a lot of new things about polearms and shields. She then runs into Xalina, a arena veteran, in tarven where they have some really heated convserations. Their sparks extend to the arena where they talk to each other using tournment swords and arrows.

She has now left the arena after accepting the job of hunting down river pirates, who plague the hills around Zendar. She is awarded with a wooden shield by local constable. She adds to herself a rusty falchion to increase her effectiveness for the job.

P.S. All my female characters are nammed "Currie" and male are "Mutton", for the sake of easy identifications

I obviously have several, but the most interesting one is Emund Vargdräpe, which is Swedish and translates to "Emund Wolfbane". I picked the character class "hunter" for him but it basically doesn't matter. I nicked him out of a book, where he's a 12th-century noble (By family, not character) Swedish landowner and a powerful warrior.

He's got a gruff Nordic look with dark, messy hair, a long beard and strong features. I've based his skills on what all the Swedish nobles are like in the book: In battle, he wears a reinforced Nordic-style mail hauberk, a reinforced Nordic helmet and a pair of reinforced mail chausses. He uses a balanced Nordic sword and a reinforced Nordic shield, with a strong bow and regular arrows for ranged combat, so his only weapon skills are archery and one-handers. He's good enough at tracking, spotting and pathfinding, having spent his life in the Nordic woodlands. He's got some leadership abilities and a little bit of tactics skills, but otherwise his skill set is purely combat-oriented. He has a full set of ironskin, power strike, power draw and weapon master. His combat style is based on brute strength, as is customary among Norse warriors, so low scores in dexterity. He's hardly very charismatic or bright, either, so needless to say he has no trading, medical or transportation skills.

When he started adventuring and started seeking warriors to join his hird, he was sadly unable to bond with his kinsmen from across the sea. Being unwilling to ally with the outlandish Vaegir, he joined the Swadian army and started an all-infantry unit. He shares the common view of his people that horses are for getting from one place to another and carrying heavy loads, but impossible to use in battle. His riding skill is one, horse archery zero. He rides into battle on a saddle horse, just like the two he uses as pack horses, but dismounts immediately. His tactic is straightforward: Pepper the enemy with arrows until they're about twenty yards away, draw your swords and shields, charge, and keep swinging until no enemy is standing. It's worked for him so far, although the fierce and mysterious dark hunters occasionally give him quite a run for his money.

As you may have guessed, I have loads of skill, attribute and weapon points left over. I want to keep his stats reasonable enough, so I stopped improving him ages ago. I also have a ton of gold, since his gear is also pretty mediocre. Then again, those facts combined with fighting solely on foot serve to make the game a bit more challenging, which is nice.

merchant l48

helmet: reinforced great helmet
armor: reinforced black armor
boots: reinforced black greaves

favorite weapon: heavy great axe / warbow

horse: spirited charger / courser

needless to say.. he kicks some riverpirate butt

Character: Pallas Ril (bonus points to anyone who knows where that's from)

Profession: Nun (formerly). She fell out of favor with the chuch, however, when an overeager priest attempted to take advantage of her. Said priest is now a eunuch. She now makes her living ridding the world of unsavory characters such as black riders, khergit horsemen, and all manners of bandits and pirates. Not to mention those godless swadians... she enjoys smiting everything swadian with her rightious blade of furious rightiousness.

Weapon of choice: Sword of War
Ranged weapon of choice: War Bow
Armor: Reinforced Black Armor, Black helmet, reinforced iron greaves
Horse: Varies.... she sometimes enjoys destroying heretics while on foot.

Party: She travels primarily with her good friends Marnid and Borcha who, while they cannot match her in combat, bring other valuable skills to the party.

Enemies: Pallas Ril has a bad habit of succumbing to her rightious fury and opening a can of crusade on far numerically superiour parties, regardless of odds or risk. Although this means that she sometimes finds herself unconscious in a field, minus her horse and a good portion of her gold, the fact remains that even a hardened general leading a swadian war party 120 strong will get uneasy if he hears that Pallas Ril is in the area. Especially since, in recent weeks, a number of war parties have stopped checking in, seemingly vanishing off the face of the earth, with no vaigir commanders claiming responsibility.

Hmm My Charecter is a paladin which is from FRP usualy but here it is

Name : Gertwor Fal'hana
Proffesion : Knight(Paladin)
Using : Great Lance With Heather Shield or A balanced Fighting axe and War Shield

Level 36 day 176
Polearm 260
One Handed 230

He has a good background in Forgotten realms :grin: But i am not sure how to convert it to taleworlds basicly he belives in Self Sacrifise and Painbearing to protect other (He is a paladin of Ilmater after all) Usualy think best for his man and woman not for his contry and a very talented doctor knowing firstaid, Wound treatment and surgery

Brutus Rorarius
Squire
velite-style skirmisher

Brutus Rorarius was raised very young with the Spartan disciple that can only be administered by a cruel father--aptly named Brutus Cassia (note for the Roman name buffs out there--this is supposed to be only a mild variation of naming as the family name is put first rather than the praenomia. Brutus, also, lacks the connotation of malfeasance in its Roman form, but in the English language not so--random trivia). From this discipline, he learned a great deal on how to be a good foot soldier, including handling of many different types of small swords (daggers, rapiers, gladius' and broadswords alike) and javelins; the handling of many different types of shields and armor (targe, kite, and buckler; steel, chitin and leather included). It was with his third battle, however, that he learned that skill in combat alone can't save a man from damnation. Betrayal at the top of his commanding officers seeped down, somehow, and before he knew it his entire bloodline had cut short--Rorarius killed his family once it became apparent that they had in fact been sanctioning the slaughter of peasants and subsequent seizure of their land. From there, he wandered, only to find himself in a strange new land filled with barbarian lords and raiders.

Level 17
HP 60
STR 12
AGI 12
INT 07
CHA 12
SKILL SET:
WEAPON PROFS: 165,44,101,22,32,74

Current equipment:
Crude Bascinet, Rusty Black Armor, Splinted Grievers, Steel Shield.
Nomad Sabre, Double-Sided Lance, Javelin.
Heavy Courser (named Yulucius--something which just randomly popped in his head. In reality, is a morph "Yul"--from the far horizon [Mongolian as per the Khergit]--and "Lucius" [Roman as per Brutus' heritage]--which pertains to light [enlightened?]. Just think of it in Rorarius' terms as an unexpected glimmer of light amid an overcast sky) .

As he bided his time in the new land, Rorarius, having lost his way as a warrior, decided to pursue new interests. This culminated into his current state, where he leads a relatively small companion force made of mostly infantry. Brutus Rorarius has become a leader, while lacking in tactical foresight, is brave and strong enough to make-up for it. Nevertheless, he manages to slaughter vast forces of Black Bands (hunters, knights--the ilk) using a tripartite system that is further outlined below.

The first leg of Rorarius' Tripartite is his most commonly used tactic for Black Bands--outriding. Using a quick and mobile horse is without a doubt a boon, but when you are dealing with enemies who couch strong lances with the possibility of killing instantly, mobility is a life-and-death issue. Simply put, Brutus tends to brandish a saber (or scimitar for a more *historical*--Mongolian, that is--approach) and get close and personal. The momentum of the first hit tends to kill lesser foes instantly [currently ~55 damage], but the beauty of the speed of a light weapon allows that he take a few parting shots sans the momentum [~10-20 damage] to finish the job. Not only does this work well, but if he somehow gets stuck in a mob of horseback foes, he can hack indescriminately and deal a large swathe of limb-rending slashes without incurring too many attacks of opportunity. Against a single charging horse, Brutus is quick enough to swerve and attack from the undefended flank, using the aggressor's momentum against him or her. However, this attack type tends not to work too well against ground-based enemies, especially those armed with polearms. Thus:

The second leg of the tripartite. For brevity's sake--Brutus utilizes a lance to polish off grounded foes without fear of loss of limb. Damage from lances can be brutal [upwards 100] and in a large arena-like area where a charge can be initiated, can be fairly swift in ending a large swarm of infantry's life. What is to be down about the pesky crossbow(wo)man--too risky to charge (exposure to missiles), and no fun to hack at with a saber (some are paticularly keen with a blade--Sword Sisters for example). What is a warrior to do?

Javelins consist of the less important portion of the tripartite. Brutus only keeps approximately a half-dozen on him at any time, and as such isn't very good at throwing like his old skirmisher days. However, there are some days where he just likes to throw a few to confound the crossbow(wo)men. A lucky shot kills instantly, and it is easy for him to gauge and block incoming bolts from enemy targets. Plus, the exotic flair of a javelin being thrown while on horseback is too strong to deny.

Suffice it to say that Brutus Rorarius is a skilled warrior and a good leader--but most marked in hist traits is his resilience in combat, and his compassion, honor, and selflessness both inside and outside of combat.

I have yet to figure out what armor fits greatest with his story, let alone figure out why is a Vaegir.

Excuse the verbosity.

My current party:

Name: Tsuken
Favorite weapon: Quarter staff
Favorite equipment: robe

Name: Borcha

Name: Marnid

Well, I didn't actually ask what their favorite equipment was, maybe I should have said "forced favorite" :razz: Here you can see the three old men as they are about to knock some River pirates unconcious:
http://www.tsuken.nl/M&B/Old1.jpg
http://www.tsuken.nl/M&B/Old2.jpg

They're all concentrating on high agility and athletics, poor old men :smile: Tsuken is actually doing very well. Borcha and Marnid "a little" less... :lol:

Name: Alexander (named after me)
Days past: 42
Level: 29 (I swear to god that I didn't cheat)
Profession: Merchant turned Mercenary-for-hire
Working for: Vaegir

Armor: Full Black Armor set
Weapon Set: Sword of War and Sniper Crossbow
Horse: Charger

Army: about 25 Knights
about 9 Horsemen
2 Sword Sisters (used to be 9 :sad: )
around 20 Vets and Footmen total training

(Too lazy to continue)

The short but sweet story of soon-to-be-lord Jouko, squire extraordinaire.

Born as the sole heir of the Venuskumpu estate, Jouko was an active and outspoken child, ever so keen on exploring the countryside, wandering the hunting grounds and playing knight vs. peasants with the servants' kids. He was always the knight.

As years progressed, Jouko got more and more interested in the more refined aspects of contemporary warfare, especially sieges. In his mid-teens, already recipient of regular warrior training, he decided that it would be fun to stage a real siege, complete with towers, catapults, trebuchets and archers.

Unfortunately, Jouko and his companions found it difficult to build genuine siege equipment, and thus they had to settle for archers. They decided to spice things up by making them shoot fire arrows, for atmosphere and authenticity. Jouko would be commanding the attacking forces comprised of seven boys with shortbows and oil-drenched missiles, while a couple of guys would hole up on the roof of the family manor, and toss a few rocks down as well as bring up the white flag at an appropriate moment.

The siege was a resounding success. As a slight downside, Jouko lost his home, four fifths of his immediate family, and had most of his inheritance eradicated due to the inferno that followed.

While mounting a quick escape from the scene, Jouko could not stop thinking the incredible martial possibilities those burning arrows could offer to a resourceful military commander.

- - -

After many adventures in the lands of Calradia, Jouko has managed to do well. He has gathered a group of loyal (loyal to his purse, anyway) followers, ready to follow him into any battle, no matter the odds. The power of denar is like that of gods, had Jouko discovered once when he led his company of eight hired blades against a Swadian war party, which, despite his best efforts, had managed to overtake his mercenary outfit. His troops did not care for the fact that the Swadian knights alone outnumbered them three to one. "All those plate armours and steeds of war bring a good haul of gold from the merchants in Zendar", enunciated Jouko to his enthusiastic party. "He who kills a knight gets to keep the spoils", he continued with equally ardent fervour while grandiloquently gesturing his Nordic sword.

His gallant forces needed not encouraged further. They galloped off, denars in their eyes and swords in their hands, dreaming of what services the generous inn maids at Happy Boar would render to men of significant wealth.

Jouko, impressed by this display of unusual bravery but anticipating the likely outcome, beat a strategic retreat. As his (former) hirelings were being slaughtered, he planned on returning to the scene, paying his respects to his fallen comrades-in-arms and relieving their mangled corpses from the burdens of the material goods.

After all, even a nobleman must eat.

Lady Levanda may just appear to be a stunishing beutiful lady. But as we all know to well appearance may sometimes not be what we beleive.

Levanda was schooled to become a nobility since childhood. It was her duty to marry a wealthy noble and live a life in wealth. Nothing of this was tempting for her.

Secretly she used to sneak outside and listen to the soldiers currently employed by her father residing in the Manisons stables. Where she got to hear amazing stories about heros, bandits and victorious war campaigns. As the time passed she got older but she was still eager to hear all stories over and over again.

One day she finnally found her true calling. Ironic enough with wagur meant to be lost. She challenged one of the soldiers commanders. He was strong, tall, and the most handsome man she ever seen. With his shiny brown long hair he made her not being able to focus properly when he was within sigth. Since the first day she saw him she was filled with emotions never felt before.

The wagure consisted of a Crossbow competition. If she would lose he would receive a gentle kiss on the cheek but else he would teach her the Art of War.

The challenge was easy set up for her to loose she thought. The first one on 20 feet that hit the apple setup in her shoulders height would win. She gently touched the deadly instrument that the commander was holding out for her. As she reached out for it with her arms she could feel her heart start to rush into a higher rythm. Adrenaline started to flow in her venes as she feelt the the weight of the crossbow.

She fumbled a bit with the crossbow and could hear the other men laughing and mumbling something about this is why women is not allowed in the army.

She shooked it of her thoughts and tried to focus on the kiss she would be able to give after loosing this wagure.

As she closed her right eye and raised the crossbow against her shoulder.
She took a deep breath trying to calm herself and the adrenalin rushing through her muscles. She fumbled after the trigger with her small beutiful hands and finally got to feel the cold steel it consisted of. Cautiosily she felt on it with her finger. Focusing on what she heard about the mastering of a crossbow. She searched for references of everything she heard from the soldiers in her mind about it.

Levanda finally was ready and fired. The men just gazed over what they seen like it was some kind of miracle. Some couldn't stop staring at her and some just shook their heads as it was a dream. But it was not a dream a small 14 year old noble girl had just pierced a apple. She could not help it but somehow she felt proud over the accomplishment and blushed while smiling at the commander.

The commander smiled backed and gazed upon her and said.

-My Lady,I lost the wagure, you won and as a commander I'm a bit embarassed. Keep this crossbow as a gift it seems like it fancy you better My Lady.

She was intruiged over the gift and quickly went to hide it somewhere her father could not find it. As the Commander promised he started to teach her the Art of War but keeping discretly in fear of her father.

The years went by her love remained for the commander but sadly enough she never got to furfill it. A tragic series of events has fallen out of Levandas memory... Everything she had is gone... All that is left is a burning hatriot for the Dark Hunters...

Lady Virgin Levanda the last remaining of the noble family Sarima

http://home.swipnet.se/nicl-san/mount/Levanda.PNG
http://home.swipnet.se/nicl-san/mount/Levanda2.PNG

Rurik The Mad

High strength and agility, low intelligence and charisma, focused on throwing (Stones) and polearms (Staff).
High Power Throw, Power Strike, Agility and Iron Flesh, others low.

Rurik was born in a poor peasant family outside the town of Zendar. Being an only child of a poor family, he was always forced to work hard with his parents to bring food to the table. This made him a strong lad even when young, and he grew tall and muscular.

In the age of fourteen he tried to ride his fathers plow-horse, with the result of him falling down from the back of the horse on his head. Ever since he has been very slow in the head, and poor in any kind of communication. Also, he is quite afraid of horses, and has never tried to ride one since.
After the incident his father started to drink, and beat Rurik with a stick for not being "a good lad" anymore.

One night when Rurik was seventeen his father got drunk and beat him badly, and Rurik ran to the woods to get away from him. The next morning he went back he found only smouldering remains of their farmhouse with two skeletons amdist the ashes.

After few days of wandering, hunger forced Rurik to kill, and he started to hunt. He figured the only way to kill any animals was throwing rocks at them. In time, he grew better in throwing, and it became his primary hunting method.
One day he encountered a small group of bandits, who mocked him and tried to rob him and beat him - but Rurik, remembering how his father's stick had hurt, and how he had been defenceless when hit with it, grabbed a stick from the ground an beat the bandits to pulp with it.
After that, his weapons have been sticks and stones, and that's the way he likes it.
One day, when wandering, he saw high stone walls in the distance, and decided to go and explore - the city of Zendar...

As I'm really just starting out, my character hasn't developed into much. However, his name is Drahkken Wylfaen, a hunter. While good with a bow and arrow, he prefers the close-up crunch of sword melee while in combat. Not afraid to tackle a group of bandits alone, even knowing that he is likely to lose the fight - the thrill is in the combat itself.

Back
Top Bottom