Tell TW Your Ideas on Teleportation

Should Bannerlord continue teleportation?

• No.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Yes.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Expand it. (Explain your idea in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

A certain amount of this game takes zero time. None of your activities in a settlement take a tick except "wait a while." All the fights you initiate take place in full while the outside world stops moving. But I want to ask you about moving without consuming time = TELEPORTATION.

You assign a Governor who isn't physically in the settlement. When time resumes, he or she instantly appears there. This may be the chief teleportation trick but I think there are others, especially among AI lords.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's a way to call your just-released caravan leader across the continent back to your side, or move your children coming of age into your loving parental neighborhood.

I think we can agree that Bannerlord is a fantasy mash-up of semi-historical medieval nature; after all, we players can become excellent or superior smiths while conducting the affairs of a kingdom (and spend absolutely no game time in doing so!)

So... is teleportation a good thing? Is it so disbelief-disrupting it ought to be coded right out of the game? Should it be expanded to more situations?

Debate.

i am not of fan of teleportation and that npc´s just appear in some settlements immediatly, but maybe there could be an option like the perma death for casual players who just want to get fast through or so.
for me, i want the hole day for day experience

The alternative is to spawn parties with those characters heading to their new destinations, and introducing robust logic that handles the cases when someone have been assigned, but has not arrived yet, AND ALSO when the party was ambushed and the character is dead or captured.
The devs are lazy and there is more urgent stuff, so I'll give them a pass on this.

However, they could make the player pay for teleportation magic costs by sacrificing troops to the Cheat God.

I'm okay with it for inactive NPCs such as mentioned setting companions as governor, even if you also use it to retrieve said companion, that's fine too since they're a non-party entity. I don't view the location of non party entities as being a campaign issue that needs to play out in campaign time. That said, if they want to create a new mechanic such as carriages or such to simulate the actual travel on non-party NPCs, that'd be cool too.
What I don't like is the difficulty and annoyance of finding other inactive NPCs as the encyclopedia listing is never right because they teleport too much.
There should be some function when you go to a related settlement to just meet with any inactive NPC in the related faction.

I also don't like the teleportation and movement of new spouses. I think they should be delivered directly, instantly to the player and then, if wanted, teleported to a fief if they can't join the party. They should absolutely NOT be in holding in hostile town for 4 days then respawn in pravend which has nothing to do with your clan and is on the other side of the map. This kinda stuff happens about 1/2 the time and I know I read patch noted about fixing it. I don't know if it's just not completely fixed or if it's a problem re-introduced by updates. Really though, there should be a much more involved process and an actual wedding and such for each spouse event so that could do away with this need...... but who knows when that'll get worked on.

Back
Top Bottom